Medieval Madness remake - new production run

Talk about solid-state and DMD pinball machines
mrmikeman
MAACA Motormouth

Medieval Madness remake - new production run

Postby mrmikeman » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:09 pm

Apparently limited to 500 games in total with no info on allocations for CE, SE, and RE editions. See attached features matrix.

Cheers,
Attachments
MMr_Matrix.jpg
Current Lineup:

PINS
STTNG - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board & speakers, full LED, custom topper, ColorDMD(coming).
Stern JP LE#449 - Pinstadiums, custom topper, bunch of mods
NIB MMrRE coming Q1 2020 :shock:

WANTED:
LOTR
TSPP

JUKES
Rock-Ola 446 - Up and running and soon to be on Kijiji :D
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Project. I have it working mechanically but no sound yet. :?

Gone but not forgotten
So many... But there were memorable ones such as MB, TZ, LOTR, TSPP, DM, T2, FH, RS, TFTC, HS, and many more...

cdnpinballer
MAACA Wacko

Re: Medieval Madness remake - new production run

Postby cdnpinballer » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:11 pm

I guess the saying $10K by Christmas is actually October this year.

ibenaiah
MAACA Silent Type

Postby ibenaiah » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:36 pm

Does anyone know what the King of Payne topper looks like?

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:09 pm

ibenaiah wrote:Does anyone know what the King of Payne topper looks like?

from an Expo photograph on pinside
Attachments
medieval madness topper.jpg
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), pajatso/payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Cannon Fire, 1934 Fleet, 1935 Impact, 1935 Spot-Lite, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines, 1951 Universal 5 Star
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight, Star-Jet
marquees wanted: Cosmic Avenger, Varkon, Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum
collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

pharoah007
MAACA Wacko

Postby pharoah007 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:28 am

People have too much $$
"I am content sitting on my lawnchair, watching the trainwrecks happen right in front of me. I can't save the world anymore."
-Sparky
"Bag of bananas for a buck"
- Allentown produce Nazi
"Balsamic please"
- Best thing I ever heard at Steak n' Shakes
"Friendship is not about what you NEED from the other person."
- Me
I am with us.

HPR Pinball
MAACA OG

Postby HPR Pinball » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:54 am

Great news for pinball collectors !!
MMr should look amazing with rgb led
Inventory
Pins: http://www.pinballowners.com/hal-9ooo
Vids: http://www.arcade-museum.com/members/me ... _id=454505
Les arcades, j'suis tombé d'dans quand j'tait pti !! :-)

Dave W.
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Dave W. » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:47 am

Topper is really nice.... but $600 USD :?

mrmikeman
MAACA Motormouth

Postby mrmikeman » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:03 am

pharoah007 wrote:People have too much $$

The RE is still nowhere near as expensive as Stern's Signature Edition (Elvira) or JJP's Willy Wonka Collector's edition or even WoZ when those were in production.. There's obviously a market...

They are doing a run of 500 total (same as what was said months ago). Running the CE and SE first. Sounds like not many RE will be made and they have said they will NOT remake the Royal Edition later on, so there is some exclusivity for those who care. I do not. I have always wanted MM. Now I will get the nicest edition I can and will keep it forever so exclusivity and retention of value is not a concern for that particular machine (for me).

Cheers,
Last edited by mrmikeman on Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Lineup:

PINS
STTNG - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board & speakers, full LED, custom topper, ColorDMD(coming).

WANTED:
LOTR
TSPP

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Project. I have it working mechanically but no sound yet. :?

Gone but not forgotten
So many... But there were memorable ones such as MB, TZ, LOTR, TSPP, DM, T2, FH, RS, TFTC, HS, and many more...

mrmikeman
MAACA Motormouth

Postby mrmikeman » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:08 am

Dave W. wrote:Topper is really nice.... but $600 USD :?

I think CGC got cornered with the pricing of the game (was at $8k before so that was the starting point). Their other remakes are Base price+~$1000 for the special edition, and base price + ~$2000 for the LE. Then they had to price the upgrades (for the current owners).. It had to come up to the same total as buying it pre-built in the form of the Royal Edition (so the previous LE owners can make their machine look like a Royal Edition for the same total amount of money). I also think they are trying to discourage people from buying the topper in order to make it more exclusive. $600USD for a molded piece of plastic is crazy I agree..

They also want to only make 500 of them so pricing is a way to control demand. I'm sure they want to move on to their 4th remake sooner than later.

Cheers,
Current Lineup:

PINS

WANTED:
LOTR
TSPP

JUKES

Gone but not forgotten

ibenaiah
MAACA Silent Type

Postby ibenaiah » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:18 pm

Thanks Cait. Topper looks great. But $600 US. Ouch.

mrmikeman
MAACA Motormouth

Postby mrmikeman » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:04 pm

Ryan from CGC posted this info on Pinside since there was a lot of assumptions, speculation, and flase statements floating around..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to jump in for some clarity on the upcoming Medieval Madness Production.

As we started thinking about Medieval Madness and the upcoming production run, we wanted to bring the look up to date with our other games (AFM and MB).
We know the community wanted the XL display for Medieval Madness, and many have expressed interest in a CGC topper for the game. They wanted it to look the same as AFM and MB when it was sitting in next to them.

We came up with the idea of update kits that are available for all current Medieval Madness owners, and worked hard on making that a reality. All existing Medieval Madness owners will be able to purchase the updates through their CGC dealer as well as Planetary Pinball Supply, and install the kits for themselves or with the assistance of their dealer.

We also knew a certain number of people would want to have the kits preinstalled by CGC at the factory. So we designed and launched the Special Edition and the Royal Edition. These 2 models are both priced as a Classic Medieval Madness with the cost of the update kits added.

The Royal Edition we then decided to add the Black Diamond powdercoating to all the trim on the game to give it a very refined look. We liked the look of the Black Diamond powdercoating on the armor so much that we decided to add it to the speaker panel, coin door, lower arch/apron, and hinges. The Royal Edition was designed to showcase all the kits available for Medieval Madness.

We will be building 500 total Medieval Madness machines during this time. A limited amount of these will be manufactured as the Royal Edition with all the features installed at the factory. We will not be manufacturing the Royal Edition again. We are treating it like all of our Limited Edition games and only manufacturing them the one time.

We want all of our customers to be able to have the best of what we can build, and we did that by offering the upgrade kits for all existing CGC Medieval Madness games, and wanted to offer new customers the ability to experience what we are doing at CGC.

I encourage everybody who owns a CGC Medieval Madness to look into the update kits. It is a cost effective way to update your Limited Edition and Standard Edition Medieval Madness to look like the other CGC games we manufacturer.
Current Lineup:

PINS

WANTED:
LOTR
TSPP

JUKES

Gone but not forgotten

Return to “Pinball machines (SS/DMD)”