As dirty as it can get?

Post by Dave W. »

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: As dirty as it can get?

Post by Azatotht »

Closed Facebook group.. would be easier if you post the pictures ;-)
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Dave W.
MAACA Half-ling
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Dave W. »

Good point Azatotht, sorry about that.
Someone from San Juan wanted to put an offer on this machine that he located. Was asking people what it was worth.

Sparky
MAACA OG
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Sparky »

3000-3500$ in today's market.
Patron saint of lost pinball causes.

Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Azatotht »

I would be scared for my health to even approach that piece of junk...
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pindude152
MAACA Half-ling
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Pindude152 »

Looks like someone found it at the bottom of a lake. Lol
Wanted: Bally 20 hole Bingo machine: Orient, London, Safari, Super 7, Bonus 7 or Hawaii.
Bally: Mad World
Williams: Pot 'O' gold, Beat the clock
Rally Play Company of Nice France: Any Flip Tronic(s) era machine produced between 1966 and 1969

"It's heavy. What is it? ... The, uh, stuff dreams are made of"
-The Maltese Falcon

"Every ball for me's another game.For you this always looks the same [...]
I know for you this doesn't look a lot. For me this is the only thing I got"
-Yello - Pinball Cha Cha

"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life"
-Homer Simpson

http://pindude152.blogspot.ca/
http://www.pinballowners.com/pindude152

Too far gone... beyond time, space and pinball stages

Sparky
MAACA OG
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Sparky »

Don't laugh... I would probably take the dare of trying to restore this. LOL
Patron saint of lost pinball causes.

Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Fifty »

I wonder what the back story on this machine is? It has either live to the fullest or been discarded and forgotten about since it's birth.

Dave W.
MAACA Half-ling
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Dave W. »

Fifty wrote:I wonder what the back story on this machine is? It has either live to the fullest or been discarded and forgotten about since it's birth.
It looks like it's got bird poop on it... so was probably outside.
Thing still powers up though, which is surprising!

quarter grabber
MAACA Half-ling

Post by quarter grabber »

I've seen more dirty at the Cineplex theatres in Ottawa. Man that AC/DC and avengers are super gross.

pinhead
MAACA Wacko

Post by pinhead »

quarter grabber wrote:I've seen more dirty at the Cineplex theatres in Ottawa. Man that AC/DC and avengers are super gross.
Thanks Ryan!
Ottawa pinball operator and game technician.
For sale video games, manuals, boards, ask what you need and I might be able to get it for you.

Ottawa pinball repair service is limited.

http://www.pinhead.ca/

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth

Post by Fifty »

quarter grabber wrote:I've seen more dirty at the Cineplex theatres in Ottawa. Man that AC/DC and avengers are super gross.
I played both last Friday. AC/DC plays surprisingly well. Avengers has many issues, most of which have been issues for over a year now.

quarter grabber
MAACA Half-ling

pinhead wrote:
Thanks Ryan!
I don't know who owns them, I figured Cineplex-Starburst did since it was a Cineplex theatre. Anyways when I went to see dead pool a while ago the AC/DC was so black you couldn't even make out the face in the middle of the playfield. The avengers wasn't much better. I think they may have been broken too. I wanted to try one of them out but people were using them as a coat rack so I couldn't. Maybe they have been cleaned and fixed by now? It was dead pool and it was awhile ago. Just my observation as a consumer, I figured they were starburst machines.

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth

Post by Fifty »

AC/DC has been cleaned with a dirty rag. Avengers is still covered in black sludge. If it wasn't for the translite you wouldn't know it was Avengers. They have both been sub-average and in disrepair for over a year.

ALJO
MAACA Motormouth

Post by ALJO »

quarter grabber wrote:
pinhead wrote:
Thanks Ryan!
I don't know who owns them, I figured Cineplex-Starburst did since it was a Cineplex theatre. Anyways when I went to see dead pool a while ago the AC/DC was so black you couldn't even make out the face in the middle of the playfield. The avengers wasn't much better. I think they may have been broken too. I wanted to try one of them out but people were using them as a coat rack so I couldn't. Maybe they have been cleaned and fixed by now? It was dead pool and it was awhile ago. Just my observation as a consumer, I figured they were starburst machines.

Maybe he's only happy that your nailing down the competition and it's a sincere "Thanks Ryan".

quarter grabber
MAACA Half-ling

ALJO wrote:
quarter grabber wrote:
pinhead wrote:
Thanks Ryan!

Maybe he's only happy that your nailing down the competition and it's a sincere "Thanks Ryan".
OH ok. I don't know who owns them, I thought they were owned by starburst because it is a Cineplex theatre. I was just giving my honest observation on their terrible condition. I thought the "Thanks Ryan!" Meant he owned them and he was pissed about my observations. Thanks for the insight ALJO :D . I get it now.

pinhead
MAACA Wacko

Post by pinhead »

quarter grabber wrote:
ALJO wrote:
quarter grabber wrote:
pinhead wrote:
Thanks Ryan!

OH ok. I don't know who owns them, I thought they were owned by starburst because it is a Cineplex theatre. I was just giving my honest observation on their terrible condition. I thought the "Thanks Ryan!" Meant he owned them and he was pissed about my observations. Thanks for the insight ALJO :D . I get it now.

Wow this is out of context for sure! I was sincere about the "Thanks Ryan!" Because starburst just took over the bowling alley from me and they can't even take care of there existing accounts. Good for them!

Anyway again thanks for showing the obvious Ryan!

Geoff
Ottawa pinball operator and game technician.
For sale video games, manuals, boards, ask what you need and I might be able to get it for you.

Ottawa pinball repair service is limited.

http://www.pinhead.ca/

quarter grabber
MAACA Half-ling

pinhead wrote:
quarter grabber wrote:
ALJO wrote:
quarter grabber wrote:
pinhead wrote:
Thanks Ryan!

Wow this is out of context for sure! I was sincere about the "Thanks Ryan!" Because starburst just took over the bowling alley from me and they can't even take care of there existing accounts. Good for them!

Geoff
Yeah what ALJO said made perfect sense. Duh, I don't know why I didn't figure it out :FP: . If that is how starburst takes care of all their machines, it's a wonder they make money at all! I mean, not only was no one playing them because of the horrible condition, but EVERYONE was putting their coats all over them and using them as a coat rack. Wow.

sLaM_tIlT
MAACA Half-ling

Post by sLaM_tIlT »

quarter grabber wrote:
pinhead wrote:
quarter grabber wrote:
ALJO wrote:
quarter grabber wrote:
pinhead wrote:
Thanks Ryan!

Geoff
Yeah what ALJO said made perfect sense. Duh, I don't know why I didn't figure it out :FP: . If that is how starburst takes care of all their machines, it's a wonder they make money at all! I mean, not only was no one playing them because of the horrible condition, but EVERYONE was putting their coats all over them and using them as a coat rack. Wow.

You should see the state of the machines on the showroom floor in Starbursts Toronto office. They are never taking care of and always have something wrong with them. I remember years ago they had an NBA that you couldn't see the playfield with all the dirt. And these are the machines they were showcasing to make sales. They really don't care.
Brent

BSD
EBD

Return to “Pinball machines (SS/DMD)”