Data east flipper coil wiring

Talk about solid-state and DMD pinball machines
Lamboman

Data east flipper coil wiring

Postby Lamboman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:53 pm

I am trying to replace the flipper coil in my data east playboy using the Fl-11630 coils... One was missing and the other one pictured has no wrapper and appears on backwards. My time machine has been upgraded to these coils the 11630. My concern is not to fry stuff and make sure the 3 wires go to the correct points... Got a blue , white , black grey . If you look at the two diodes on each coil they are different directions?. What to do? Thanks
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Slacker
MAACA Collaborator

Re: Data east flipper coil wiring

Postby Slacker » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:08 pm

Ok so the coil should be a 090-5020-02 (22-900) but from what I have been told they only used them in a few pins so hard to find. On the right flipper I have the blue wire with the red tracer line on lug 1 white on the center gray with the green on the last one I'll post a pic. on the left Gray Green first lug White then blue. but you need to look at the lines on the diodes. Give me a sec to get some pics
Playing.... SST, Buccaneer, Bally PB, Data East PB, Stern PB, TFTC, ACDC Pro, Hook
Gone. Magnotron, Bally Ticker Tape Bingo, Haunted House, Totem..... My Money and sanity

Slacker
MAACA Collaborator

Postby Slacker » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:19 pm

Right flipper
20170907_195723.jpg

Left
PB left.jpg

Not sure if you can tell from this hope it helps.
Playing.... SST, Buccaneer, Bally PB, Data East PB, Stern PB, TFTC, ACDC Pro, Hook
Gone. Magnotron, Bally Ticker Tape Bingo, Haunted House, Totem..... My Money and sanity

pharoah007
MAACA Death Knight

Postby pharoah007 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:13 pm

Not sure if DE and Williams coils are interchangeable .
"I am content sitting on my lawnchair, watching the trainwrecks happen right in front of me. I can't save the world anymore."
-Sparky

"I don't give a Fvck"
- Honey Badger

"Bag of bananas for a buck"
- Allentown produce Nazi

" The Honey Badger wants some bananas"
- Woody

"Balsamic please"
- Best thing I ever heard at Steak n' Shakes

I am with us.

Slacker
MAACA Collaborator

Postby Slacker » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:21 pm

Here are the games that use that coil as per Marco.
But I'm a parts swapper not a electronics guy so maybe one of the vets knows. I know I have a Williams Display in my DE.

Coil.PNG

Lamboman

Postby Lamboman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:03 am

Thanks for the replies. I am attaching a pic of the same williams coils in my time machine.... It's an upgrade to prevent plastic damage on time machine apparently. If you look the diodes go differently then the playboy .... What is correct ? Don't know :(
Attachments
image.jpeg

Lamboman

Postby Lamboman » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:33 pm

Thanks Slacker, used your photos / info to figure it out.... Time machine is dual winding and playboy was the first de game with single winding. I think I got it figured and can still use the coil I have only utilizing the single winding

Return to “Pinball machines (SS/DMD)”