Talk about solid-state and DMD pinball machines
Honey Badger
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Williams IJ Kicks Ass

Post by Honey Badger »

Don't listen to Phil! :D
WTB: Cyclopes, Split Second, Flight 2000, Warlok, BMX, Alien Star, Stern Iron Maiden SS, Vampire, Superman

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Williams IJ Kicks Ass

Post by Drano »

I love IJ.
Doesn't Phil think BoP is the best machine ever? :FP:

After owning mine for a very long time I recently dropped in a colorDMD and the PinSound board.
Both have a great impact on the overal player experience. They add a nice new dimension to an already awesome game.

Honey Badger
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Honey Badger »

Drano wrote:I love IJ.
Doesn't Phil think BoP is the best machine ever? :FP
I know he loves it and BOP sucks balls.
WTB: Cyclopes, Split Second, Flight 2000, Warlok, BMX, Alien Star, Stern Iron Maiden SS, Vampire, Superman

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Drano »

ALJO wrote:nobody has the authority to judge if a game IS or Not good, it's different people for different games.
Where's the fun in that? We'd have to delete half the content on this forum
I'm sure Phil has a good sense of humour. Why else would he prefer BoP over IJ? :lol:

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 425 times
Been liked: 258 times

Post by Mrhide »

hey, I love IJ .... I think the first time we got the snake pit, it was a BLAST! ... my signature is IJ because I wanted one for so long ... but the meaning has now changed.

the game SUCKS AIR BALLS!! THERE IS NOTHING TO SHOOT FOR AND 1/2 of the playfield is USELESS.

ever wondered why this part is there?! :FP:
indy.png
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

Honey Badger
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Honey Badger »

You've got to be kidding me Phil!!! You want to talk about a game that has nothing to shoot for...BOP. The only thing to do in that game is shoot the left ramp. The other 90% of the playfield is completely useless :FP:

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Drano »

IJ is a typical fan layout. 2 ramps + 5 other shots (one of them behind the 3 bank of drop targets). This doesn't include gameplay on the upper playfield.
And I don't think I've ever had an air ball on my IJ to be honest.

Mrhide
MAACA OG

Post by Mrhide »

Drano wrote:And I don't think I've ever had an air ball on my IJ to be honest.
you're obviously doing something wrong!

hell they even put PLANES in the games since there are so many airballs!!
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

Mrhide
MAACA OG

Post by Mrhide »

Honey Badger wrote:You've got to be kidding me Phil!!! You want to talk about a game that has nothing to shoot for...BOP. The only thing to do in that game is shoot the left ramp. The other 90% of the playfield is completely useless :FP:

forget the bride ... she's awesome for different reasons!

Mrhide
MAACA OG

Post by Mrhide »

The problem for me is that this is a WIDEBODY pin yet we play on the bottom half of the playfield 98% of the time. (with 75% of that time beeing between the slings!)

The mode start hole should have a been a scoop... the kick out of it, even after putting the beer seal next to it to prevent it is *very* annoying. The massive airballs from the center targets only contributes to the annoyance. Shooting the ball could have been so much more ... why put a gun if there's no skill shot?! The pops are a waste of time and space. The captive ball shoot is very nice to get, so is the path of adventure. (which can quickly be worth more then the super jackpot!). Favorite mode is "steal the stones!" ... quite the rush with the subwoofer but overall, really not a keeper so it went out quickly. STTNG is a MUCH better machine that can be have for almost half the price.

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Drano »

Mrhide wrote:The problem for me is that this is a WIDEBODY pin yet we play on the bottom half of the playfield 98% of the time. (with 75% of that time beeing between the slings!)
Play better! :P

tom_454
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by tom_454 »

Interesting points Phil - especially because I am tempted to get rid of my STTNG (which I quite like) and replace it with an IJ. I have had STTNG for more than 7 years now.
Pinball Rocks!
277 old posts - member since August 2007.

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

tom_454 wrote:Interesting points Phil - especially because I am tempted to get rid of my STTNG (which I quite like) and replace it with an IJ. I have had STTNG for more than 7 years now.
Tom, I've had both. Had STTNG for a longer time but at the end of the day, 7 years is a lot in this hobby.

I got bored of all the games I got: TZ, GnR, CFTBL, AFM, IJ, STTNG, etc, etc.. I don't think IJ is bad enough that you should not try it for at least a little while. Especially if you're not playing the STTNG much anymore. There's nothing like owning a game to make up your own opinion, I've learned that early in the hobby.

I really miss the time when these games were affordable and disposable.
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

Yes TZ and STTNG both stayed a few years but I wasn’t touching them at the end, like the others I’ve kept longer.

I am not a collector, looking at them is not my hobby.
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned