Price check on Group of non working DMD

Talk about solid-state and DMD pinball machines
peterboroughpinball
MAACA Collaborator

Price check on Group of non working DMD

Postby peterboroughpinball » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:09 am

Hi Gang,
I've been in pinball collecting - but not bought anything in quite awhile.
I have a chance to buy some games that are NON WORKING, in good cosmetic condition, that have been off route and just stored for a few years. Could you give me your opinion on value of each in this condition.
I just want to make sure I'm not over paying,
Thanks for any help!
Barry

Games:
Terminator 2
Getaway
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Star Wars Episode 1 (I know the monitor out on this one)
Star Trek Next Generation.
Current games: TAF, STTNG, SWEP1, Fireball, Hayburners, Gottlieb Knockout, Gottlieb Mayfair, , Williams Arctic Hunt gun game,
Seeburg C jukebox, Wurlitzer OMT CD jukebox, Wurlitzer 1100 jukebox, Genco Cops n' Robbers gun game.

Azatotht
Admins

Re: Price check on Group of non working DMD

Postby Azatotht » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:22 pm

It is getting very hard to fix prices these days. Everything seems to be selling very high DMD wise.

From what I understand, Creech can fetch a low 6K now while STTNG should be in the high 4K range. T2 and Getaway in the 2.5-3.5k.

IMO, SW:EP1 is the one with less value but I may be wrong. Definitely the most boring of the lot.

Take this with a grain of salt, I've been out of the market for a while but I've seen crazy priced STTNG's sell lately.

***These are not prices I would pay myself but rather what I am understanding from the market.
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

cap
MAACA Barbarian

Postby cap » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:48 pm

@Azatotht, these are prices for working machines in good condition.
The OP is asking how much to pay for non-working machines.
I don't think you can find a working Getaway at 2.5K

@peterboroughpinball, The price can vary a lot depending on what is broken. A fuse is cheap, but a missing board or a missing ramp is expensive to repair.
Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

Azatotht
Admins

Postby Azatotht » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:24 pm

Just trying to give my opinion on what these games might be worth eventually.

Working is an overrated word in pinball world :lol:
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:51 am

Asking for a value on a pin has become kinda moot these days.

But if you go by price guide - 40% for a dead one, which is an industry formula (don't flame me for it... write to the price guide writers)=

T2= around 1600 cdn
Getaway= 1700 cdn
CFTBL= 3000 cdn
SWE1= 2500 cdn
STTNG= 3300 cdn

You are not giving much detail onthe failures, so the answer will not be that great either. There is a difference on SWE1 between a bad connector and a dead prism board.

But like I said, moot point, because some idiot will eventually come to the plate and offer 10000$ for one of those.

It is what it is.
Now playing in Sparky's Power Station: Way too much shit...

WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Postby WARLOCK » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:50 am

Barry,
Sparky is on the money and AZ and Cap are saying something similar for working examples and rarity of "for sale" examples.
If it was me, I would offer $12,000 for that lot if I had seen it first and $10,000 sight unseen for those examples non-working. I am a risk taker, but I assume the seller is known to you.
If they are all working and mint, sure, they could be worth double that in today's market once they are all completely restored. I have owned multiples of most of these games except Creech.
Rough Williams DMD's in those tiles like T2, SWE1 and Getaway are (were) $2500 and are now up to $4500 for mint examples. Creech and STTNG, which have both gone for $6000+ for mint copies recently, go for much less for rough copies.
All the best with it. All fun games. Good luck with it.
Scott

peterboroughpinball
MAACA Collaborator

Postby peterboroughpinball » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:57 pm

Hi All,
Thanks for input.... I've been out of the market quite awhile - but I was close in what I thought. I will see if I can get them plugged in to see what the will do. Thats the kicker if boots up way different price wise if dead.
Thanks its been helpful!
Barry
Current games: TAF, STTNG, SWEP1, Fireball, Hayburners, Gottlieb Knockout, Gottlieb Mayfair, , Williams Arctic Hunt gun game,
Seeburg C jukebox, Wurlitzer OMT CD jukebox, Wurlitzer 1100 jukebox, Genco Cops n' Robbers gun game.

Return to “Pinball machines (SS/DMD)”