What would you pay for a players shape untested Sys 1 Hulk?

Talk about solid-state and DMD pinball machines
Linkage
MAACA Mage

What would you pay for a players shape untested Sys 1 Hulk?

Postby Linkage » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:23 am

I already bought this, and will keep my price secret for now.

However, the prices across Canada vary so much depending on location, I'm curious how much everyone would pay for one. NL is different in that the market for anything over $3000 is borderline non existent, plus the limited availability of anything on the market mean I am often willing to slightly overpay for crap.

Average players shape, backglass is good, some small flakes, cab is average. Haven't even plugged it in. Like all System 1's I assume the mpu is dead, the driver and power are fixable.

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Re: What would you pay for a players shape untested Sys 1 Hulk?

Postby cait001 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:43 am

$300, assuming I'm replacing all the dead boards with a Pascal all-in-one, and that the flippers will likely need a rebuild, and a tonne of other work will likely need to be done on the playfield.
PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), GTB Sure Shot, BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
COUNTERTOP: Sammy Miracle Hustler Arrangeball, Glory Ball Deluxe, スマートボール (Smart Ball) (lent), 1934 PAMCO Contact Master, 1936 Bally Challenger (lent), 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series, 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1934 Bally Signal Sr (lent), 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Par Golf, 1960s Bingolette
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship)
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

cap
MAACA Barbarian

Postby cap » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:44 am

Linkage wrote:NL is different in that the market for anything over $3000 is borderline non existent

Wait, are you saying there is no market for 1990s DMDs in NL?
Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

davidlldennis

Postby davidlldennis » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:48 am

I've created a rule where I don't pay anything over $500 for something non working... My wife has given me approval for that... I'd love a Hulk though, Ralph you're like a pinball yoda...

Linkage
MAACA Mage

Postby Linkage » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:19 am

cap wrote:
Linkage wrote:NL is different in that the market for anything over $3000 is borderline non existent

Wait, are you saying there is no market for 1990s DMDs in NL?

There most certainly is. Sell me that Stargate and I'll prove it. lol.

Just for the most part anything above that range will sit, where you could sell it off island in a day.

Plus the amount of collectors here is low. Super low. Maybe that is due to the limited availability and the limited amount of location play.

Return to “Pinball machines (SS/DMD)”