Interesting Paragon Mod

Talk about solid-state and DMD pinball machines
DrDude
MAACA Half-ling

Interesting Paragon Mod

Postby DrDude » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:21 am

Saw this post on Pinside about a Paragon modified to have a ball-return gate: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/odd-bits-on-my-paragon#post-5096191

Very interesting! Quite professional job, but as Greg Kmiec notes, there are several clues that this was not a Factory Conversion. In particular, the use of speaker-wire and the "incorrect" insert colours. I would likely have been fooled by this!
Grant Goodes
Stern: Meteor, Lightning, Nineball, Cheetah, Seawitch, Catacomb
Bally: Fathom x 2, Centaur
Gottlieb: Black Hole
Wanted: Balls-a-Poppin, Catacomb slingshot plastics
Lust-worthy: Dragonfist, Solar Fire, Funhouse, Skateball, Capersville

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Re: Interesting Paragon Mod

Postby cait001 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:37 am

Love the research, but also I think it'd make a great addition to an already great game.
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), pajatso/payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Cannon Fire, 1934 Fleet, 1935 Impact, 1935 Spot-Lite, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines, 1951 Universal 5 Star
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight, Star-Jet
marquees wanted: Varkon, Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Tutankham
collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

Honey Badger
MAACA Wacko

Postby Honey Badger » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:43 am

cait001 wrote:Love the research, but also I think it'd make a great addition to an already great game.

No, it would make the game to easy!
WTB: Cyclopes, Split Second, Flight 2000, Warlok, BMX, Alien Star, Stern Iron Maiden SS, Vampire, Superman

the loafer
MAACA Motormouth

Postby the loafer » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:31 am

Paragon is a destroyer of men and women. It eats players and wizards alike, while showing you the most beautiful backglass in the history of pinball (way better than Flash). Please don't F with Paragon gameplay cause when you do, a pinball designer cries themselves to sleep in a fetal position.

Return to “Pinball machines (SS/DMD)”