question for board expert in bally/stern mpu 17

Talk about solid-state and DMD pinball machines
djsupermariobros
MAACA Silent Type

question for board expert in bally/stern mpu 17

Postby djsupermariobros » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:29 pm

i bout a sten memory lane with a busted c5 capacitor burnt ...replace it and had small corrosion ...kleen repair ,relocate battery ...machine work fine for about 6 months played 5 day a week a couple of game a night and burn again with the fuse looking for a reason to happen twice ???? only thing that was new is a ted nugent machine now in working 100 per cent next to its on the same plug and both were on when the c5 Blu ...tanks
professional pinbal challenger 3 (power play) memory lane (stern) nugent (stern) mini arcade 412 in1 bartop 619 in 1 gottlieb sky jump now a addict to pinball

djsupermariobros
MAACA Silent Type

Re: question for board expert in bally/stern mpu 17

Postby djsupermariobros » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:57 am

Fix it was the rectifier that on the verge of going replace the rectifier for f3. the c5 its like a warning i think
professional pinbal challenger 3 (power play) memory lane (stern) nugent (stern) mini arcade 412 in1 bartop 619 in 1 gottlieb sky jump now a addict to pinball

DrDude
MAACA Half-ling

Re: question for board expert in bally/stern mpu 17

Postby DrDude » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:48 pm

djsupermariobros wrote:Fix it was the rectifier that on the verge of going replace the rectifier for f3. the c5 its like a warning i think

Thanks for confirming: Yes, a dying rectifier would put a lot of AC ripple into C5, possibly even some reverse current (it's a polarized capacitor), which would be very bad for it indeed! Thanks for explaining your fix!
Grant Goodes
Stern: Meteor, Nineball, Seawitch, Lightning, Cheetah
Bally: Fathom x 2, Centaur
Gottlieb: Black Hole
Wanted: Catacomb, Solar Fire, Balls-a-Poppin Seawitch backglass
Lust-worthy: Funhouse, Skateball, Capersville

Return to “Pinball machines (SS/DMD)”