First Look at RAZA

Talk about solid-state and DMD pinball machines
cap
MAACA Half-ling

First Look at RAZA

Postby cap » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:43 am

TWIP has pictures of the RAZA prototype to be revealed at the Houston Expo this week-end.
It also has an interview with John Popadiuk, Steven Bowden, and Robert Mueller.
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/deepr ... t-mueller/

raza.png

Visit the link for more pictures and the interviews.
Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Re: First Look at RAZA

Postby cait001 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:05 am

I am loving it. so many little tech throwbacks all packed in there.

First I want to highlight that there is a WIGGLER TRACK. Yes, similar to Bally's The Wiggler, when the ball is kicked back on the left hand side it does a vertical 180 and goes down a wiggle track above the translucent plastic.
There is also a rotating rubber duck target on the left, similar to the 1960s rotating wheel targets but never really done before.
There is a waving standup target at the top, way at the back. A 60s throwback, but it might just work here.
There is a jump on the left hand side with a target mounted at the top. Don't think i've seen anything quite like that.
On the right hand side there is what looks like a textured spinning pad.

The Atomic Drop standup and ferris wheel lock evokes Hurricane.
The clear lock tube is meant to evoke Xenon
The playfield spin/bash target ala TOTAN
The shooter lane has a 180 vertical redirect ala World Cup Soccer, but it dumps the ball straight into the playfield. Same with the wiggler track and left ramp return: balls comes out above the sling, NOT to the inline. I really like that.

we'll see it when it's actually available for purchase (this is still all prototype) and what it will cost, but I'm apprehensively excited.
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), pajatso/payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Cannon Fire, 1934 Fleet, 1935 Impact, 1935 Spot-Lite, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines, 1951 Universal 5 Star
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight, Star-Jet
marquees wanted: Varkon, Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Tutankham
collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:07 pm

Not to sound like a party pooper but mentioning "Popadiuk" and "purchase" in the same thread is pretty much like pouring salt in a still-open wound for a few people...

I would personally stay VERY far away, unless a distributor has some in stock, cash and carry. No pre-orders...

The only thing worse would be Skit-B taking deposits. ... yeah... hmm... still too soon for that one too...

Just avoid pre-orders entirely, how 'bout that.
Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Guard » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:33 pm

I couldn't fathom ever needing ANYTHING bad enough that I'd fork out money before the thing was even made yet. When I hand over money with one hand I expect something in my other one.
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Buccaneer/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Flip Flop/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/ Pat Hand /Strange Science/Card Whiz/ Genesis/Jolly Roger / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/Bronco/ Stern POTC
Projects- Jacks Open /Stratoflite/ Tri Zone/ Hang Glider
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

cap
MAACA Half-ling

Postby cap » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:49 pm

Game play video. Players are not that great or the prototype bricks a lot.
Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko

Postby mrmikeman » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:26 am

cap wrote:Game play video. Players are not that great or the prototype bricks a lot.

Bricks no more than my JP.... takes a while to get dialed in to a new pinball, especially if it has tight shots..
Current Lineup:

PINS
STTNG - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board & speakers, full LED, custom topper, ColorDMD.
Stern JP LE#449(HUO) - Pinstadiums, custom topper, bunch of mods (Mezelmod).
NIB MMrRE coming Q1 2020 :shock:

WANTED:
LOTR
TSPP

JUKES
Rock-Ola 446 - Up and running and soon to be on Kijiji :D
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Project. I have it working mechanically but no sound yet. :?

Gone but not forgotten
So many... Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Roadshow, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

HPR Pinball
MAACA OG

Postby HPR Pinball » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:14 pm

In my opinion pinball design must be created as a piece of art and must be very coherent with the theme and design it in the perspective of ballflow and possibilities of shots by both flippers (or more) and also backshots, by shots i mean some harder and some easier, also combinations of shots and progression of shots in the design and rules.

I don't have all the perspective and would like to play this thing in the real world to make a more solid opinion but unfortunately at the first look this machine don't look very inspiring to my eyes.
Inventory
Pins: http://www.pinballowners.com/hal-9ooo
Vids: http://www.arcade-museum.com/members/me ... _id=454505
Les arcades, j'suis tombé d'dans quand j'tait pti !! :-)

Return to “Pinball machines (SS/DMD)”