Help: WM Dealer's Choice

Talk about electro-mechanical pinball machines
enbro
MAACA QuarterPounder

Help: WM Dealer's Choice

Postby enbro » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:40 am

dealers2.jpg
I have this Dealer's Choice, and I am wondering if anyone knows what is missing in this photo? I got it like this...what should be there at the back? A match unit of some kind?

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Re: Help: WM Dealer's Choice

Postby R.A.B. » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:02 am

enbro wrote:dealers2.jpgI have this Dealer's Choice, and I am wondering if anyone knows what is missing in this photo? I got it like this...what should be there at the back? A match unit of some kind?

Hey Neil.

I asked myself this same question about 32 years ago. It turns out to be a two coin - one credit step unit. It is a weird looking stepper unit that needs two pulses from the nickel coin chute switch to start a game on the second pulse, hence 10 cents one play.

p/n C-7229 Alternator unit with 5 cent relay

20190617_120342.jpg

I looked for a long time and finally found one for my OXO in the late 80's. So the pricing could be set as follows :

2 nickels- 1 play
1 dime - 1 play
1 quarter - 3 plays

Then it would follow to have denomination trays inside the cashbox to keep the nickels, dimes and quarters seperate from eachother so you don't have to sort them when you do collection. :lol: I eventually sourced those out as well.

20190617_124912.jpg

Rob
Last edited by R.A.B. on Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

enbro
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby enbro » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:04 am

R.A.B: thanks so much! Weird. So I should be okay without it? The game has other issues and I wan't sure if this was somehow affecting it. If it's what you say, then it should be fine without it right? I don't care about nickel or dime functionality.

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko

Postby R.A.B. » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:14 am

enbro wrote:R.A.B: thanks so much! Weird. So I should be okay without it? The game has other issues and I wan't sure if this was somehow affecting it. If it's what you say, then it should be fine without it right? I don't care about nickel or dime functionality.

Yeah, you'll be fine without it for game play. Just if you wanted to make it work on a two coins required for one credit setting, it won't happen. You will be limited to 1 pulse to the credit(s) selected with the phone jack adjustments in front of the motor panel.

More technical talk if anyone cares to read on. :lol:

There is another way to get two nickels to start one play. I remember thinking that the stepper unit was over kill when I learned what part no. A-6850 could do if you have the proper nickel coin switch and guide channel on your door. If you didnèt have the proper channel and switch for nickels, then you needed the stepper for 2 coins one play.

Look at the diagram below of B-6852 (nickel coin trip assy.)and how p/n A-6850 (seen traced in on B-6852) diverts the first nickel past and away from the coin switch wire and into the cashbox. As that first nickel drops it rocks over the A-6850 to change the path of the second nickel so it can trigger the coin switch and start a game as it rocks back A-6850 with the weight of the nickel to set up the next two nickels to do the same. Wild and simple.

20190617_124843.jpg

Very cool.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:07 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

enbro
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby enbro » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:20 am

R.A.B.: You're amazing! I'd be lost without your help in this world.

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko

Postby R.A.B. » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:33 am

No worries Neil. I think you are doing ok in the pinball world, as for the wider world, we are all a little bit lost, floating aimlessly trying to create meaning for ourselves where there may well be none at all if we weren't here and conscious.

Fawk !
Last edited by R.A.B. on Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Postby OTTOgd » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:36 am

R.A.B. wrote:Yeah, you'll be fine without it for game play. Just if you wanted to make it work on a two coins required for credit setting, it won't happen. You will be limited to 1 pulse to the credit(s) selected with the phone jack adjustments in front of the motor panel.

FAWK!

I have way more nickels than dimes. But not so many quarters either. :oops: But I'm guessing WM Dealer's Choice won't be operated close to the Brampton area anyway.

Game on!

enbro
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby enbro » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:43 am

I am fixing this game to donate to a charity called HighJinx in Ottawa that uses their money to help local folks with food, shelter, household items etc. They have a small store full of antiques and nick knacks and a pinball draws lots of attention and brings in some much needed cash while played and then sold. This will be the 4th pinball I've had in there, fingers crossed I get it working right.

The Pinballs they've had so far:
1st: Aladdin's Castle
2nd: Freedom
3rd: Gulf Stream

dr.nybble
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby dr.nybble » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:28 am

Love what you are doing! Shoot me your PayPal co-ordinates and I'll chip in $50 for any parts you need
White Water ~ Black Rose ~ Monopoly ~ DE Star Wars ~ Top Score ~ Heat Wave ~ Gay '90s ~ Dungeons & Dragons ~ Spitfire

Return to “Pinball machines (EM)”