Gotliem em drop target not scoring bonus points

Talk about electro-mechanical pinball machines
pinballfever64
MAACA Collaborator

Gotliem em drop target not scoring bonus points

Postby pinballfever64 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:36 am

I just picked up a gotlieb em game and the drop targets are not all scoring the bonus points. they score the 300 points when hit and the light goes on indicating the drop but when the ball drops down some targets will score 1000 points but some dont .I have a feeling its just contacts so i cleaned and adjusted the drop target assembly cause some lights were not coming on at all but that all works now and contacts are clean. My guess is contacts at the score motor wich i plan to tackle this week but I was just wondering if i should look anywhere else ? i did check the playfield harness pug and all contacts are clean at the connector. I would apreciate any advice, thanks
line up : space invaders, f-14 tomcat, escape from lost world, party animal, torch, mata hari , Xenon, lost world, high hand, fire, rollergames , big guns,

singlezero
MAACA Collaborator

Re: Gotliem em drop target not scoring bonus points

Postby singlezero » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:45 pm

im no expert , but which game is it the hot shots?o after ball drains, it doesn't score all balls targets hit?

pinballfever64
MAACA Collaborator

Postby pinballfever64 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:49 pm

its solar city . 4 targets on the upper bank don't score any bonus points and there are 2 on the lower bank also that wont score bonus when ball drops.
line up : space invaders, f-14 tomcat, escape from lost world, party animal, torch, mata hari , Xenon, lost world, high hand, fire, rollergames , big guns,

Sisyphus

Postby Sisyphus » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:10 pm

Have you checked the bonus stepper unit?

pinballfever64
MAACA Collaborator

Postby pinballfever64 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:20 pm

i have not checked the stepper unit !

pinballfever64
MAACA Collaborator

Postby pinballfever64 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:30 pm

i cleaned the stepper unit and it fixed most of the problems ! thanks

Sisyphus

Postby Sisyphus » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:11 pm

Awesome!

pinballfever64
MAACA Collaborator

Postby pinballfever64 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:02 pm

Thanks for the info ! The stepper didn't even look dirty at all but a quick clean on the contact wheel made a big difference. The game works like a charm ! Now i can move on to fixing my other pins. Always something to do and enjoying every minute of it !! Thanks again

Return to “Pinball machines (EM)”