Talk about electro-mechanical pinball machines
cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Pinhistory booth call-out for contributions

Post by cait001 »

Hello everyone!
OPGS is coming September 22 & 23 and we are going to be setting up a Pin History booth again, similar to what we did at PinCon this year.

If anyone has a machine they'd like to bring specifically for our history booth please get in touch soon!
We had a few people come through saying they had a machine that would be a great fit there. It's also a chance to show off games that you feel might be a bit too delicate to be on the free-play floor unmonitored.

We are looking for machines from the mid 50s and before, and they don't even have to be pins as we are showing off the various paths of mechanical gaming. Pinballs, EM games, trade stimulators, mechanical slots, bagatelles, bingos, etc let me know what you have.
(we might also have a section for 20th century Japanese games as well, to show where bagatelle evolved to in Japan)

this is a linked pic from last year download/file.php?id=38456&mode=view where we had 8 machines set up! Double digits this year for sure. :)
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Re: Pinhistory booth call-out for contributions

Post by cait001 »

Weekend bump!
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

Sparky wrote:I will try... i do have a few that would fit the category. But I don't know if I will make it.

The oddballs:

1939 Bally Spottem
1949 GTB Cinderella
1956 GTB Marathon (beautiful cab...)
1960 Bally Beauty Contest (yes... a flipperless pin in 1960. Lol)

I rather restore them as they don't work yet, but soon...

I should have told you before but my gosh the compliments we got at PinCon over your Richelieu restoration were remarkable. Total admiration.
Any and all of these machines you might an able to bring would be very much appreciated. When do you think you would know by if you are coming?

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Drano »

I have a few items from the 1930's.

Two of them are tabletop/bartop 'pin' ball games.

-1932 Gottlieb FIVE STAR FINAL (apparently named because David Gottlieb thought it might be the last machine he produced)
-1932 BALLYHOO (the machine that gave Bally Manufacturing it's start and name)

I also have a pre-flipper 1937 Bally BOOSTER. It's a great baseball themed game that uses the (then new) 'bumper spring'
Hitting the bumpers advances your player around the bases and scores runs. It's a bit delicate but it works.

I have a few other rare woodrails from the 40's/50's but they're not really playable yet. I sold off my Humpty Dumpty project also.

If I make it to the show, I can try and bring some or all of these.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

Drano wrote:I have a few items from the 1930's.

Two of them are tabletop/bartop 'pin' ball games.

-1932 Gottlieb FIVE STAR FINAL (apparently named because David Gottlieb thought it might be the last machine he produced)
-1932 BALLYHOO (the machine that gave Bally Manufacturing it's start and name)

I also have a pre-flipper 1937 Bally BOOSTER. It's a great baseball themed game that uses the (then new) 'bumper spring'
Hitting the bumpers advances your player around the bases and scores runs. It's a bit delicate but it works.

I have a few other rare woodrails from the 40's/50's but they're not really playable yet. I sold off my Humpty Dumpty project also.

If I make it to the show, I can try and bring some or all of these.
Wow, any of those would be very much welcome! The benefit of the booth is that if Booster is a touch delicate, it will always be supervised and scrutinized in the history booth. :)
We had a Ballyhood there last year, but Five Star Final is also a very important machine considering how much it's design was ripped off and bootlegged.

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Drano »

Yeah, Booster sits in my office as more of a beautiful piece of furniture, but it would be nice to dust it off and let it see some action