tech needed in Windsor on

Post by gstanczuk »

tech needed in windsor are to work on several machines

dos.reboot
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 2 times

Re: tech needed in Windsor on

Post by dos.reboot »

Dude, you need to list the games. Some people are better at repairing certain era/make of machines.
LF: more space :geek:

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

He’s new to the website. I recommended him to join here to find some help. It might take him a bit of time to figure out how a forum operates.

He has some knowledge and skill and problems with:

Space invaders
Fireball classic
Black knight
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

gstanczuk
MAACA New Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gstanczuk »

gstanczuk wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:07 pm tech needed in windsor are to work on several machines
Just learning how to fix mY machines
Space invaders
8ball
Meteor
Black Knight
Fireball II
Currently working on Fireball II. The center drop targets fire the bottom pop bumper. There were broken off diodes and these were repaired. There does not appear to be any broken wires. The pop bumper fires intermittently during game play, sometimes it does not randomly fire. The Center drop targets are on the same matrix column as the pop bumpers. Stumped at the moment.

HPR Pinball
MAACA OG
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by HPR Pinball »

Cut the capacitors under the playfield and check if that fix the problem, install new caps everywhere. Recommended on all pins from that era because after 40 years they leak.
The video game i want to play is always the one i don't have :FP:
Les arcades, j'suis tombé d'dans quand j'tait pti !! :-)

sylvain
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sylvain »

Did you end-up replacing the broken-off diodes or just resoldering one end if they were disconnected?
If diodes were replaced, make sure the new ones are soldered with the proper orientation.

Check the adjustment/gapping of the spoon switch under that trigger-happy pop-bumper.
If gap OK, go into switch test (instructions are in the game manual in how to get there via the small red push button inside the cashdoor),
and see if there is an unexpected closed switch - correlate the switch number of the test with the switch name/position
in the game manual - then check its gapping.

If the gap is fine and switch test shows the switch as closed, then as stated by HPR Pinball above, you can try cutting one end of the
small 0.05uF disc capacitor that is often in parallel with pop-bumper switch(es) under the playfield in games of this era - it might be leaky.
Although the game would play with this capacitor removed, the pop-bumper switch would not be detected for every closure during gameplay,
so it is better indeed to solder a new one in place if you have to cut one off.

Finally, do not overheat the lugs, diodes or new parts during soldering - diodes could go short internally if heated too high for too long.

Good luck!
-Sylvain.
Looking for Bally Star-Jet, The Wiggler, Williams Magic City, Grand Lizard, Swords of Fury, 1986 Pinstar Gamatron, and a few others.
Collecting & repairing electro-mechanical and solid state pinball machines with quality and care for 40+ years already.
Serious and fun hobby, powerful nostalgia !

gstanczuk
MAACA New Contributor

Post by gstanczuk »

I did not have any new diodes, so the old one was reattached. I will try to cut the cap leg and see if that helps. I will have to order parts for a rebuild.
In the mean time I will start working on my Black Knight. It has startup issues. It appears that there is no power to the solenoids.

gstanczuk
MAACA New Contributor

Post by gstanczuk »

Thank you very much. Worked on the Fireball 2 and it is now working other than the Bottom pop bumper. After cutting the cap the switch shows stuck. I will order a new switch , cap and diode and hopefully it will be 100% after that. Now it will be back to my Black Knight issue.