Someone here get that Stop 'N Go?

Talk about electro-mechanical pinball machines
dr.nybble
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 28 times

Someone here get that Stop 'N Go?

Post by dr.nybble »

On kijiji for $200. Same year as my Heat Wave! Looks like either the wrong cabinet or a repaint.

I had the lockbar caps on Heat Wave chromed, they are pot metal but look awesome with chroming.
White Water ~ Black Rose ~ Monopoly ~ DE Star Wars ~ Top Score ~ Heat Wave ~ Gay '90s ~ Dungeons & Dragons ~ Spitfire

singlezero
MAACA Valued Contributor

Re: Someone here get that Stop 'N Go?

Post by singlezero »

that looks like a neat game. would have been nice beside my williams beat the clock. i have some end caps to put on 2 of my willams lock down bars and they look aged pitted. did you do anything before taking them for chroming?

dr.nybble
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: Someone here get that Stop 'N Go?

Post by dr.nybble »

I did sand them down smooth starting at 120 grit by hand. That's how I found they are pot metal,they rapidly discoloured. I was lucky enough to have Mike Chestnut chrome them.

Chris Royalty at pinballplating.com said to leave them alone and they would take care of it. They nickel plated my 1954 Spitfire shooter gauge and it turned out great. I'd ask him first if you're thinking of sending them in.
White Water ~ Black Rose ~ Monopoly ~ DE Star Wars ~ Top Score ~ Heat Wave ~ Gay '90s ~ Dungeons & Dragons ~ Spitfire