Sold: The Shadow

tom_454
MAACA Millennial
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 17 times

Sold: The Shadow

Post by tom_454 »

- Price: $6,500

- Players Condition Shadow that plays perfect.

- Manufactured Date: February 1995
- Owned since January 2013

- Shopped in late 2017 (I believe it was). This included a complete top playfield teardown and cleaning. The sanctum was repaired. All new rubbers. Installed a new complete CPR plastic set.
- Full Playfield LEDS.
- Has the Pinside "Aurich" translite installed.
- Backbox is still incadescent bulbs.
- Has the Pinside "Grumpy" Battlefield Light mod installed. (The Comet Matrix light strip I bought to use with it died so it needs to be replaced. US$5 part). This lights up the Battlefield only when the ball is up there.
- The Rings are all present and work.
- The Mongols are all present (but one does have a broken sword).

- My guess is that it has significantly less than 500 games since being shopped.

- The pictures can be seen at:
[photobucket]https://app.photobucket.com/u/BusyBee12 ... 3bccdcbaa3[/photobucket]

Not interested in a trade unless you have a Star Wars premium that you are looking to get rid of.

Cheers everyone!
Last edited by tom_454 on Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pinball Rocks!
277 old posts - member since August 2007.

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: The Shadow

Post by mrmikeman »

Great game for a great price!

GLWTS
PINS:
Medieval Madness Royal Edition - Stern HD Glass, Mods: Lit Merlin
Jurassic Park LE (#449) - Pinstadiums, Stern topper & amber shooter, mods: Lior Trex skin, signs, watch tower, raptor pen, T-rex fence, pteranodon, goat, and a few more
Wizard of Oz ECLE (#612) - mods: Gouveia Witch 2.0, tornado, castle, crystal ball, lit emerald city, ramp sign, Munchkin huts, lit drop target, hot air balloon lighting, pinblades
Star Wars Prem - Stern Topper, Shaker, HD Glass, Mods: Mirror Blades, Star Destroyer, Imperial Probe, X-Wing, speaker upgrade, SW Armor (Yoda)
Lord of the Rings - ColorDMD, Pinsound board, speakers, and headphone station, Shaker. Mods: Laser cut armor, POTD Ghosts, Powerbladez, LED backglass panel lighting
Star Trek the Next Generation - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board, speakers, and shaker, full LED, LED&GI OCD, custom topper, ColorDMD, pinduino lighting on ramps and borg ship

VIDS:
Vewlix S 2-player: Running Emu PC / XBOX 1X

MINI-VIDS(dedicated 1/6 scale):
Dragon's Lair
Asteroids
Q-Bert
Missile Command

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel. *Selling soon to make room. Don't need 2 jukes.
NSM Emerald Ice CD(100) wall hanger juke

Gone but not forgotten
So many... Dr Who, RFM, SWEP1, Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

World_of_Warships
MAACA Half-ling
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by World_of_Warships »

Fantastic looking game and a seriously good price - can't go wrong with that one! GLWS!

tom_454
MAACA Millennial

Post by tom_454 »

Sold and gone to a good home. Thanks everyone.
Pinball Rocks!

GILV
MAACA Buck
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Sold: The Shadow

Post by GILV »

Congadulations on selling the game, I'm very happy for you and I'm sure that the Maaca members are sincere when they say that this was a good price, but :FP: , I can't get it through my throat that a Shadow sells at 6500$ so fast, I know it's me, I must have been out of the hobby too long and at a bad timing as well since the prices have exploded in the past 5 years, I use to be tempted by lots of pins before I got out of the hobby but now that I have my TZ and my RFM with SWEP1 kit, I get constantly dissillusioned and indignented from pinball prices and nothing at all tempts me anymore because of this.
Oh well......it costs me less and I'll get a good price if one day I decide to sell, I just had to get it out of my system........ :)

tom_454
MAACA Millennial

Post by tom_454 »

Yes Aljo, it is crazy out there now. I paid 1800 for my 1st Shadow 13 years ago and sold it for 1850 a few months later. All those old B list games now sell for a premium. A new Stern pro is almost 10k Canadian in 2022 including taxes. Crazy!
Pinball Rocks!

cait001
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by cait001 »

and here's the thing: In many parts of the USA, this would have sold even faster at $6500 USD!
Shadow is getting a LOT of recognition in the past 5 years, and is now up there with White Water.

It is also in that cross-section of "immensely loved by a wide swathe of people" and "will probably never be remade by CGC"
playfield wanted: Dolly Parton
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

World_of_Warships
MAACA Half-ling
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by World_of_Warships »

GILV wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:10 pm
Congadulations on selling the game, I'm very happy for you and I'm sure that the Maaca members are sincere when they say that this was a good price, but :FP: , I can't get it through my throat that a Shadow sells at 6500$ so fast, I know it's me, I must have been out of the hobby too long and at a bad timing as well since the prices have exploded in the past 5 years, I use to be tempted by lots of pins before I got out of the hobby but now that I have my TZ and my RFM with SWEP1 kit, I get constantly dissillusioned and indignented from pinball prices and nothing at all tempts me anymore because of this.
Oh well......it costs me less and I'll get a good price if one day I decide to sell, I just had to get it out of my system........ :)
At 6500$ it was nicely priced considering what the hobby seems to have become price wise. I say 'seems to', because to me, that's how the prices are. I joined the hobby a couple of years ago and haven't known anything else!

Actually, even the games I acquired in that short amount of time, I could resell with some (small) profit. Not how I view things and not planning to do so (I was actually expecting to lose money down the road). But it shows how volatile the resellers' market is. Manufacturers obviously picked up on that as well.

The only place I feel I was shortchanged is in meeting some of you fellow pinheads out there. Two years in the pandemic, I've only had a few opportunities to go out and play - and even that wasn't the best with limited contacts.

Anyway, great job selling this beautiful Shadow, Tom! Buyer, you made a good decision! Lol

And one day, hopefully we can all meet.. my girlfriend can kick your collective butts on those game (yes, she is definitely better than me!) and we can share a beer talking about how the hobby used to be!

Return to “Stuff Sold and Old Ads (>6months)”