SOLD - No Good Gofers - HUO

Bally Boy
MAACA Millennial

SOLD - No Good Gofers - HUO

Post by Bally Boy »

I having been thinking about this for awhile and have decided to part with my home use only No Good Gofers ( and for all you detectives out there... I have the original sales bill, it has only had three owners sinces it was purchased new in 1998 - it is Home Use Only! ).

This is THE nicest example I have ever seen of this game, it is just as nice as the day it came out of the box, was shopped recently with 100% LED lighting including the GI. It has a custom lighted Gofer topper, upgraded sub-woofer, back glass golf ball mod, latest software with CPU off board battery mount, some of Flash Instincts custom decals and extras included... etc. etc. Cabinet, playfield and backglass ( yes folks - NGG was actually a screened backglass not a translight ) are perfect. Clear flipper button protectors were added and there is nothing to note. The slam ramp shows next to no wear - this is usually bashed to shit on the playfield, see the photos..

SOLD
Attachments
image2.jpeg
image4 (1).jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image2 (1).jpeg
image1.jpeg
Last edited by Bally Boy on Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Movingpictures
MAACA QuarterPounder

Re: F/S No Good Gofers - HUO - REALLY

Post by Movingpictures »

This-deal-smells-fishy.jpg
' By the way fucktard "moving pictures" I got my asking price for that game '
- Bally Boy

Bally Boy
MAACA Millennial

Post by Bally Boy »

^^^^^^^^

Great, I knew I could count on your positive input, thanks.

I have the reciept, you're a total tard, game was bought back in the late 90's when Williams was blowing out games to make way for Pinball 2000.

What's so fishy about that?.... and after I talked nice about your Orbitor1....... you mad bro?
Last edited by Bally Boy on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Movingpictures
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by Movingpictures »

Bally Boy wrote:Ponch-CHiPs-homo-insulting-picture-abusive-photo.jpg
I don't see how my sexual orientation is of any relevance here; so what if I am homosexual and like men?
Great sale tactic, alienate potential buyers by spewing hate speech in your own thread. :roll:

Bally Boy
MAACA Millennial

Post by Bally Boy »

Well played. I will take that down, but you are a idiot.

No offense meant to anybody other than Moving Pictures - this is a stinky smell that has moved over from another board. I guess I never learned a lesson here and will just put my games on Kijiji / eBay.

Thanks - Moving Pictures has got one over on me again... oh, darn.....
Last edited by Bally Boy on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Movingpictures
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by Movingpictures »

Buy with confidence from a certified homophobe!
I-hate-the-word-homophobia.jpg

Bally Boy
MAACA Millennial

Post by Bally Boy »

and another.....

mwong168
MAACA Half-ling

Post by mwong168 »

I hope potentially interested buyers can look past all this non sense going on here and see that there is a very nice NGG for sale. Not going to comment on the price whether it is good or bad because it is none of my business and up to the buyer in the end anyways. All I can say is that I know Bally Boy doesn't sell junk nor misrepresent his games especially if it is coming from his personal collection. The Roadshow I have still plays great to this day as it did 4 years ago when I bought it from him.

Menace
MAACA Wacko

Post by Menace »

I'll second Mike's comments about Dan. Good guy, and represents his games well.

D

numero 6
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by numero 6 »

You can buy without seeing the machine in person. I'm very picky aesthetic view and already bought 2 pinball from Bally Boy i was very satisfied. Always as described, no bad surprises.
I'm not here for a competition. I'm here to share and a passion of hobby.

Kazowi
MAACA Silent Type

Post by Kazowi »

I've also bought a few games from Dan over the years. The games were exactly as described and were priced accordingly to their condition.

Having Dan actually considering turning to kijiji or Ebay to sell his games instead of offering them to the pinheads of this community is a damn shame.

cdnpinballer
MAACA Wacko

Post by cdnpinballer »

I'll keep my comments on this pin to myself in fear of being accused a bumhugger....

Bally Boy
MAACA Millennial

Post by Bally Boy »

You get it, Lee. :D

Thanks to all the others for the "bum hugging"....not required!

For the other stuff I say WTF...

More photos.
Attachments
image1 (1).jpeg
image5.jpeg

quarter grabber
MAACA Half-ling

Post by quarter grabber »

Sorry, I had to.

Splitskull
Admins

Post by Splitskull »

IDC if is huo, or someone restored it to mint. Either way is a very nice looking pin.

chancegino
MAACA Silent Type

Post by chancegino »

Bally Boy is a straight up guy with a collection of pristine pins. I would buy a pin from him any day.

Gis
MAACA Chatterbox

Post by Gis »

:party

underachiever
MAACA Half-ling

Post by underachiever »

cdnpinballer wrote:I'll keep my comments on this pin to myself in fear of being accused a bumhugger....

There is always room for more bumhugging ;) :D

As having had the privilege of being part of 3 TCPL end of season playoffs at Dan's place, I must say that everything in his lineup is way better than HUO - IMHO. When you walk up to any of his machines there doesn't even seem to be dust on them or in them anywhere. I can't keep my lineup of 9 pins that clean and he has +/- 20 pins plus vids. Even when he opens a machine and lifts the playfield they appear to be spotless. The few times he's had to make an unexpected repair(we are kind of hard on his stuff), whether it be a broken wire or a misaligned switch, he repairs it instantly and you'd be hard pressed to notice his work. He's a great guy and you can always buy with confidence from him.

There, bumhugging over and done. ;) :D

Looking forward to December and playoff's at Dan's - we hope!

10 Pins - Firepower, STARGATE, ST 25th, Whirlwind, White Water, Joker Poker, BSD, Iron Maiden, Royal Flush, ST:TNG
1 Slot - 3 Reel
3 Vids - Rush the Rock x 2 linked, JVL iTouch 9
4 nut machines (seems appropriate)

Wish List never to have to use another freaking token or coin for as long as I live

Gone from lineup - Pinbot, Area 51 Site 4, GT2005, Carnevil, F-14, Diamond Lady, Judge Dredd

Proud founding member of TCPL (Tri-City Pinball League), Player in BAMOH league

Sparky
MAACA OG

Post by Sparky »

I am not going to bumhug. But what I WILL do is go with facts.

6000$CDN equals currently 4812.25$US.

On Ebay, 3 NGGs have sold. One HUO mint at 6500$US (8108$CDN), one slightly routed but super clean at 4515$US (5630$CDN), and a nice one (routed) for 3415$US (4258$CDN).

On Mr.Pinball, there is a prototype (but not HUO) NGG for 4500$US (5613$US)

Considering that all these pins are in the US, you would add transport costs and duty on them. So you are talking about 10% hike in price when all said and done, if not more. And none have a history pedigree.

Considering the immaculate condition of this pin, the fact that Dan has all the paperwork to back it up, how Dan has a great seller reputation, and the fact that it is here in Canada already, thus WAY less hassle, I don't see what the problem is.

Don't like the price? Hate the market... not the seller. Yes, it sucks. The market is what it is, and the people that make the market are not the sellers, but the buyers. A-list games are now somewhat for an "elite" class if buying one these days. Shit happens. I can ask 20000$ for my Hyperball... doesn't mean I will sell it. Therefore it will not corrupt the market. But, people are paying more than what Dan is asking for his NGG. So... blame them. A sellers is not obligated to have to take a loss or give away a machine just to please the masses.

So, GLWTS Dan. whoever ends up with this gem will not be dissappointed, I am sure.
Patron saint of lost pinball causes.

Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Post by OTTOgd »

Dan has a great bum!

I try to sneak up and give it a big hug whenever I have the pleasure of visiting his place and playing his friggin' spotless collection. Pins and bums don't get much better than Dan's.

Good guy, too. Buy with confidence.

TwilightZone
MAACA Wacko

Post by TwilightZone »

Sparky wrote:Don't like the price? Hate the market... not the seller. Yes, it sucks. The market is what it is, and the people that make the market are not the sellers, but the buyers. A-list games are now somewhat for an "elite" class if buying one these days. Shit happens. I can ask 20000$ for my Hyperball... doesn't mean I will sell it. Therefore it will not corrupt the market. But, people are paying more than what Dan is asking for his NGG. So... blame them. A sellers is not obligated to have to take a loss or give away a machine just to please the masses.

So, GLWTS Dan. whoever ends up with this gem will not be dissappointed, I am sure.
Well said, Sparky! Couldn't agree more.

Prices are what they are. I think the game is fairly priced given the current market. One only needs to look at new Sterns to see prices have increased. You used to be able to buy a NIB only a few years ago for $4,600 taxes in. Now it's $6,200 or more for a Pro (might have gone up since I last looked) taxes in.

Cheers,
Duane
Looking for web/graphic design, hosting, application Development, or CMS design/hosting?

MarketAccess Communications Inc.
Providing exceptional services for Small Business, Associations and Government
http://www.marketaccess.ca

Just Accessibility - Accessible Document Consulting and Remediation
https://www.justaccessibility.com/

Hosted in Canada Surveys
http://www.hostedincanadasurveys.ca/

Drano
MAACA Millennial

Post by Drano »

I would fall into the "Holy! I didn't know NGG was a $6K game" camp, but I'm also very accustomed to owning and selling above average condition pins at values that others would normally consider outrageous. However, in the end they sell and that comes down to one thing: condition.

My first reaction was shock, but the more I look at this game and what some other WPC95 titles are going for, I don't think it's THAT out of line... if at all.

On a side note, NGG is one of the 4 games operated at that my local hangout during high school and I've always dreamed of assembling the 4 titles at home, even for just a little bit.
I have the other 3 already and certainly hope there are some more 'attainable' examples still out there for me to find :(

And I have not paid close atention to Dan's bum but I'll take everyone's word for it.

GLWS!

Bally Boy
MAACA Millennial

Post by Bally Boy »

Sparky wrote: people are paying more than what Dan is asking for his NGG. So... blame them. A sellers is not obligated to have to take a loss or give away a machine just to please the masses.
Well said Ian - thank you.

I have gone on record before as saying these are crazy times we are living in pinball sales in the past few years, I personally hate it.... but what am I going to do about it? I've been burned a couple of times selling games just to have the buyer turn around and basically do nothing to the game, then sell it for a profit in a few months.... and then the next guy does the same..... and so on.

Call it "pin-flation", the "pinside effect", whatever you want.... I just gave up and moved along with it ( and have been called out by a couple of bored internet price police trolls along the way - actually when other members/people have been doing the exact same things and it's never mentioned at all ). I'm not really a fan of this high school circle of friends stuff ( hence I don't feel the need to be backed up by anyone really on or off-line ), and I really don't have to be a "cool kid". If that's your thing - go to it. My games speak for themselves. I will give credit to members on this very forum for pushing my repair/restoration aptitude to this level. People who have helped me know who they are... and hopefully I've helped others as well somewhere along the way. Thanks for the props.

Now... on to the sale.... who wants a beautiful No Good Gofers?

TwilightZone
MAACA Wacko

Post by TwilightZone »

Bally Boy wrote:I've been burned a couple of times selling games just to have the buyer turn around and basically do nothing to the game, then sell it for a profit in a few months.... and then the next guy does the same..... and so on.
Me, too. Literally nothing and they add a few hundred or more. Like you, I now price my games, when I sell, according to the market. I agree the prices are insane, but they are what they are.

Good luck on the sale.
Looking for web/graphic design, hosting, application Development, or CMS design/hosting?

MarketAccess Communications Inc.
Providing exceptional services for Small Business, Associations and Government
http://www.marketaccess.ca

Just Accessibility - Accessible Document Consulting and Remediation
https://www.justaccessibility.com/

Hosted in Canada Surveys
http://www.hostedincanadasurveys.ca/

Splitskull
Admins

Post by Splitskull »

OTTOgd wrote:Dan has a great bum!