FS: Williams Gulfstream (at High Jinx)

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

FS: Williams Gulfstream (at High Jinx)

Post by cait001 »

High Jinx is a vintage store / social services place on Kent Street just North of Somerset. they are selling this Williams Gulfstream pinball to raise funds to help feed people!
The machine was worked on by one of the quality techs here on MAACA (he can chime in if he wants to or not). Game plays strong and fast.

Price tag on it says $1200. I wanted to stress what High Jinx does though: they are a non-government social services group and raise money to feed people in need, help people leave shelters and setup new places to live, etc.
So even if you think "hmmm that's more than I want to pay for a Williams EM", it is a really fun game and you would basically be making a GREAT DONATION TO A GREAT CAUSE. This money will feed and assist many food-insecure people.
Their website has lots of info about who they are and what they do: https://www.highjinxottawa.com/

Game is set up on the showroom floor and ready to play for 25 cents.
Attachments
20180410_110934.jpg
20180410_110929.jpg
20180410_110925.jpg
20180410_110916.jpg
20180410_110907.jpg
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Re: FS: Williams Gulfstream (at High Jinx)

Post by cait001 »

they also had this "Computerized Alcohol Breath Analyzer" which is apparently fully working. No price on it yet I think, but I just know someone here needs it for their home bar...
Attachments
20180410_111305.jpg
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Trevor H
MAACA Valued Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Trevor H »

Thanks for posting this. I checked out the website and will get down there soon to check the place out. What a great concept, this is exactly the type of thing I like to support.
Pins: High Speed, Firepower, Black Knight
Vids: 60 in 1

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

BUMP

enbro
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by enbro »

I did the work on this machine. I put a lot of hours into it. It started with a new bridge rectifier (see other threads where I needed help to figure this out) Everything on it was cleaned including all the score reels, playfield and plastics, inside cabinet and out. Playfield waxed, new rubbers and a couple of new coils were installed where needed. Coin mechanism and door was gone over and made to work correctly. It received new flipper kits (plungers, coil stops, etc), new flipper bushings where it goes into the playfield, new chime rubber kit, new shooter spring. Pop bumpers rebuilt with new coil stops. Lots of parts to make it 100%. Plays fast and it's a hard game to master! The playfield needed a bit of touch up...you could do more if you wanted but it looks great! Backglass has a bit of alligatoring on the main girl....she looks like she got a sunburn! Has new locks and a new piece of plywood for the rear head panel. I printed new score cards in pink to match the game, white is available if you want but they stand out too much. Legs were painted with Krylon cast grey, new bolts (plain not round head) and levellers were cleaned up. The game retains all it's 1973 patina like graffiti carved into the cabinet.

I probably put 40 hours or more into this game and it's working pefectly. It's a great fun fast hard game. It's been at HighJinx for about a month now and gets played a lot without any issues.

This the 3rd pinball machine I have fixed up and placed at HighJinx to help support their cause. They are receiving any quarters put into the machine to play it and will receive profit from the machine after my expenses are paid (my initial cost for the machine plus any parts I put into it).

Thanks.
Neil.
Last edited by enbro on Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enbro
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by enbro »

Some photos of it from when it was at my house.
Attachments
20180326_191558.jpg
20180319_092940.jpg
20170831_151708.jpg

enbro
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by enbro »

I'm really surprised this hasn't sold yet to be honest. The first one, Bally Aladdin's Castle sold for a generous $2000 and the second Bally Freedom for $1500. If this doesn't sell soon, I'll bring it home for my own collection as it's actually a really good game.

semicolin
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 226 times

Post by semicolin »

I'm getting the feelers out. My boss is in the market but doesn't know what he's looking for yet. This might be the ticket. Sending him with some quarters.

Pinball Junkie
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Pinball Junkie »

cait001 wrote:they also had this "Computerized Alcohol Breath Analyzer" which is apparently fully working. No price on it yet I think, but I just know someone here needs it for their home bar...
That would be me! If you hear anything, let me know. I am very interested!
Thanks Cait,
Frank
Collection: SM(Stn),T2,HS2,CFTBL,MBrLE,CCrLE,JJPOTCLE,WWind,WCS94,EBD,MM

Owned in the past: RFM,AvengersHulkLE,Elvis,EBD,EB,SegaGZ

Would like AFMrLE & PFLE.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

enbro wrote:I'm really surprised this hasn't sold yet to be honest. The first one, Bally Aladdin's Castle sold for a generous $2000 and the second Bally Freedom for $1500. If this doesn't sell soon, I'll bring it home for my own collection as it's actually a really good game.
Yeah this is a really cool game. I popped in today to play it and it still plays perfectly. Light any three in a row and the scoops light for add-a-ball. Once you collect you can manipulate the holes again.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

Pinball Junkie wrote:
cait001 wrote:they also had this "Computerized Alcohol Breath Analyzer" which is apparently fully working. No price on it yet I think, but I just know someone here needs it for their home bar...
That would be me! If you hear anything, let me know. I am very interested!
Thanks Cait,
Frank
Get in touch with them!!!
Their #1 concern is helping the community, so let's help them help others.

enbro
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by enbro »

Well the only offer has been $400. Wtf? I'd rather toss it off a roof and video it, then let someone have it for that. It'll leave HighJinx at the end of June and go into my basement if nobody wants it. Thanks for all the good vibes for HighJinx...they are a great place.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

enbro wrote:Well the only offer has been $400. Wtf? I'd rather toss it off a roof and video it, then let someone have it for that. It'll leave HighJinx at the end of June and go into my basement if nobody wants it. Thanks for all the good vibes for HighJinx...they are a great place.
Someone only offered them $400 for it? Ugggggh

enbro
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by enbro »

I've talked to HighJinx about accepting a fair price, and they know what that is. The $1200 asking price is a retail price based on the fact it's a charity, but they are open to offers and I've told them what a fair offer is, but not $400 lol

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

went to drop more stuff off there, still playing great!

enbro
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by enbro »

Soon I will be removing this pinball from this location and selling elsewhere or keeping it. Not sure yet.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

btw it is now priced at $1000

enbro
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by enbro »

It's actually sold now, thanks to a HighJinx customer who bought it for his office.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cait001 »

HUZZAH!
thanks enbro, you rock.