[SOLD] Williams TAXI - $3000

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 5 times

[SOLD] Williams TAXI - $3000

Post by Drano »

Hey everyone,
I picked up this Taxi in a package buy about a year ago. I've had my fun and looking to change things up a little. It's the more desirable Marylin version.

I have also added new repro sys11 legs and the machine also comes with an original manual in good shape, new rubber ring set and a Cliffy's for the ramp that is not yet installed.
This machine also has entirely new flipper mechs installed.

Overall it plays great. The playfield has mylar on the lower portion, so it looks pretty decent for a player's example. The cabinet shows very well also. A little clean and touch-up would make it really shine.
Topper is intact and most of the plastics seem good (I think one sling plastic has a chip).

The only technical issue I have noticed is the jackpot display seems to be missing the top segments. Probably a bad resistor or chip on the display driver. You can see it in the photos. Otherwise, it's in all around very nice shape.

Asking $3000

Feel free to PM me with questions.

Thanks

20181122_123729.jpg
20181122_124135.jpg
20181122_124207.jpg
20181122_124241.jpg
Last edited by Drano on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor

Re: [FOR SALE] Williams TAXI

Post by Drano »

I've had some interest in the hardtop on its own and the spare ramps.

If anyone is just interested in the pin, I'm happy to split them up as sell the pin on its own for $3300.
Last edited by Drano on Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andre
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 15 times

Post by andre »

Would like your opinion on hardtops.
Look,feel,quality and effect on resale value.
Thanks!
GLWS!

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Drano »

I used the hardtop on Firepower. The look and the feel is great.
The main difference you will notice from a playfield with clearcoat is that the hardtop has holes that go around certain things like some of the bent metal guides. It's also a lot more shiny than a clearcoat (hard to explain), but I'm sure that will eventually change.

I would do it for a game I liked, but not for something I loved. If I love the game and I can find a new real playfield, I would do that first.
But, for a game that I just like and maybe is in really bad condition, spending $400 (instead of almost $1000) and being able to make it look new by only tearing down the top is very appealing.

Obviously resale with a CPR playfield should be better than with a hardtop, but this is a very durable and attractive product too. Not a simple sticker. I think it definitley adds some value.

tombiosis
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by tombiosis »

Pretty good review of a hardtop. I concur.
I would also add that the hardtop I installed on my Frontier surprised me as to how quiet the ball roll was. Looks amazing, plays much quieter...
Your taxi playfield looks too nice to sand down IMHO, from the pics anyways. Gotta love Williams Taxi!
GLWTS!
Pins: 8BDlx, Rush Pro, The Walking Dead Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, Deadpool Pro, Tommy.
Gone but not forgotten: 6M$M, Fish Tales, Sorcerer, WPT, Elvis, Centaur II, Sure Shot, Firepower, Big Buck Hunter Pro, JP pro, EBD1984.

WTB: Fathom, TSPP, BSD, GOT.

Quit talking and start chalking!

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Drano »

Selling the resto parts separately.
Dropping the pin price to $3000 if anyone is interested.

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor

Re: [SOLD] Williams TAXI - $3000

Post by Drano »

Game and parts are sold