[SOLD] FS: Five Jacks trade stimulator (coin flick)

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

[SOLD] FS: Five Jacks trade stimulator (coin flick)

Post by cait001 »

I'm thinking of letting go of my Five Jacks trade stimulator.
These were made by Pace manufacturing starting around 1930. An old salt in the slot world told me this is most likely a reproduction cast done in the 1970s. I am asking $550. (originals sell for like $1500 CAD)
This machine is all metal and wood, and a purely mechanical device.
20210114_125432.jpg
20210114_123554.jpg
This is an early coin flick machine where you put in a penny, flick it, and hope it lands in one of the tiny openings at the bottom.
If the coin enters a slot it then latches the inner mechanism. You turn the spring-loaded knob, the penny helps raise the gate, and all of the coins in the bucket beneath it fall out. You've won!

I say trade stim, but it's kind of a slot machine too since it actually pays out. Most trade stims you'd have to show the attendant your achievement and hope they gave you payout or credit. But this one dumps you the pennies.
20210114_123750.jpg
an example of the gate raising thanks to the penny:
20210114_123719.jpg
There is a tilt mechanism, such that if you jostle the machine at all tiny forks shift forward and block the winning holes.
Includes back door and key. I often leave the tilt mech removed (the counterweight unscrews easily) just so I never have to reset it.
The only problem is that sometimes coins get stuck between the playfield and the plexiglass (it's plexi, so that part is obviously not original) but it's rather to easy open up and clean out. (2 screws in the back to release the metal front, then 4 screws to remove the glass)

YES, before you ask, I will include all of the pennies you see in the photos. :D

16" wide, 9.5" deep, 18.5" tall
perfect for the game room that can't possibly fit anything else, except perhaps, a shelf or counter in need of something awesome?

No contact pickup in downtown Ottawa
Last edited by cait001 on Mon May 03, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Re: FS: Five Jacks trade stimulator (coin flick)

Post by cait001 »

price drop to $500 (+ shipping if needed)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor

Re: [SOLD] FS: Five Jacks trade stimulator (coin flick)

Post by cait001 »

machine is sold

World_of_Warships
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 74 times

Re: [SOLD] FS: Five Jacks trade stimulator (coin flick)

Post by World_of_Warships »

It was a very nice looking machine, congrats on the sale!