MPL NIGHT - OCTOBER 24TH AT THE MONTREAL PINBALL SHOP

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

MPL NIGHT - OCTOBER 24TH AT THE MONTREAL PINBALL SHOP

Post by R.A.B. »

Prix : 10$ par membre pour payer les snacks, les prix et contribuer à la ligue.

De 18hres à 24hres. Manger avant de vous présenter. Il y aura des snacks et de la liqueur douce pour les invités. Mettre vos manteaux en haut SVP. Servez vous ce que vous voulez et have fun.

Machines pour la competition -

GTB 1980 "Counterforce"
WLL 1973 "OXO"
STN 1981 "Split Second"
GTB 1976 "Target Alpha"

Liste d’invites - limite de 32

32 sur 32 après les changements - complet

Azatotht
badfish
bank-coil
Big Frank
Charlotte
Daniel15
Darkdog
Donald
Ellen
Gilles
Gis
Gojira
hoser
hyann
Jessica
jojob
Jte
Lowrent
Mac
mbudman
mindstorm88
movingpictures
mrhide
Pat01
redketchup
Ryan
Simon
Sly
Splitskull
TerryZ
Toeckeder
tonysaprano
Yellowmustard
Last edited by R.A.B. on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:53 am, edited 12 times in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

YellowMustard
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Re: MPL NIGHT - OCTOBER 24TH AT THE MONTREAL PINBALL SHOP

Post by YellowMustard »

+1 jamais de ketchup sans moutarde!!!
Pins:SpaceStation, :FP: :FP: :FP:

gone but not forgotten: EFTLW, Secret Service, Gorgar, Elektra, Medusa, CENTAUR, FIREPOWER, ANDROMEDA(2), HS II The getaway, BSD(2), THE SHADOW, SPACE SHUTTLE, SM, X-MEN (shakered), GRAND PRIX (Italian reimport), Tales From The crypt, BSD(2), Nitro Ground Shaker, Harlem Globetrotters, INDY500, THE SHADOW (2), Twilightzone, RESCUE 911, Stern Playboy, BOP, Roadshow, highspeed, DrWho, Starwars DE

Vids: Outrun2 SP twin, mini outrun upright,mini monaco gP, MAME Xbox powered
Gone: MAME in NBA cab (sold)

Toeckeder
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Toeckeder »

+1
Pins: HIGH SPEED, GUNS N ROSES, FIREPOWER, SORCERER, LASER WAR, FATHOM, NOW, BLACKOUT, ALIEN POKER, LASER BALL, TOMMY, FIREPOWER II, BALLY PLAYBOY, RUSH LE, RIVERBOAT GAMBLER
WTB: NO Vacancy
Vid: MAME #1, TEMPEST, NUCLEUS CANNON, MAME #2, NAMCO Reunion Class of '81
Gone: Punch-Out!!, TARGET ALPHA, STARGATE, SPIRIT OF 76, ROLLERGAMES, TAXI, TOMMY, EARTHSHAKER, BACK TO THE FUTURE, TWILIGHT ZONE, TX SECTOR, CENTAUR, AC/DC PRO, ROLLERGAMES, WHIRLWIND, TIME MACHINE, GALAGA, GRAND LIZARD, TORPEDO ALLEY, F-14 TOMCAT, BLACKOUT, ALGAR, FIREPOWER II, ABRACADABRA, EIGHT BALL DELUXE LE

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Splitskull wrote:you forgot to add R.A.B. to the list :)
No need really, because he will be dressed up as a St. Laurent boulevard skank on crack and serving candied salmon, (you guys will regret having to see this) so I didn't think I should put him on the guest list. In fact Vic, most other normal hosts don't list themselves on the attendees list, why should this meeting be any different, right ? It is just another MPL night.

On another note, the machines are behaving well so far, and we are way ahead of schedual for getting them totally ready for the 24th. As far as repairs and tweaks are concerned, I am very pleased to announce that the games should all be "tip top", at least that is what it looks like from here.

Regardless, as an extra precautionary measure, I am calling out for back up on every thrusday night until the meeting for talk and tweak sessions at the Montreal Pinball shop, just to make sure we accomodate the real players with machines that are tuned to the tits. So I need badfish, tonysaprano, Jessica, Jeremy and movingpictures to show up and help to "do the do" and by the same token practice in putting up with me. And as extra back up, we have Big Dave here on Sundays to make sure that all is up to snuff and that the work I assign is done in the correct fashion. Personally, I would be worried if was an apprentice at this workshop, but I know deep down in my mind that you youngsters are all up to the challenge.

Guest list maximum is now at 28, too much demand from the noobs, they have been very persistant, and they want to see this place for the first time and they seem to need to be part of this thing. They will be sacraficed as pinball virgins late in the evening as a ritual that will make them regret that they ever asked to show up here. :shock: I just wish that they would understand that this hobby stems from a prolific yet now defunct North American industry, and that all this interest in pinball is only a flash in the pan compared to what it was decades ago. We are all playing and working in a fringe business, it is just the internet that makes it seem big. It is only perception that matters in these times, and those who know how to control it will profit greatly. Be careful.

R.A.B.

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

paidge
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by paidge »

Ça faisait 2 ou 3 jours que je n'avais pas visité le site et c'est comme si j'avais rêvé (pas certain pentoute par exemple) d'un thread sur le meeting du 24 octobre qui n'est plus là. Donc, étant donné que j'ai pu rêver, je vais m'abstenir de tout commentaires que certains peuvent trouver stupides mais que moi j'aurais trouvé drôles.

En conclusion, -1 pour moi pour des raisons personnelles (j'ai un souper de cédulé au TK le 24 octobre au soir).

Bon meeting à tous et à toutes.

P1AG Montréal - pièces/parts
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by P1AG Montréal - pièces/parts »

paidge wrote:Ça faisait 2 ou 3 jours que je n'avais pas visité le site et c'est comme si j'avais rêvé (pas certain pentoute par exemple) d'un thread sur le meeting du 24 octobre qui n'est plus là. Donc, étant donné que j'ai pu rêver, je vais m'abstenir de tout commentaires que certains peuvent trouver stupides mais que moi j'aurais trouvé drôles.En conclusion, -1 pour moi pour des raisons personnelles (j'ai un souper de cédulé au TK le 24 octobre au soir).

Hey Guy,

SVP envoi les commentaires a R.A.B. par PM, lui il les trouve drole, je te l'assure. ;)
Montréal : 1200 rue Bégin, St-Laurent, Qc H4R 1X1
robert.barake(at)cineplex.com
benoit.lecavalier(at)cineplex.com
514-856-2252 ou 888-322-2252

Toronto : 6420 Viscount Road, Mississauga, On L4V 1H3
doug.baird(at)cineplex.com
james.albernaz(at)cineplex.com
416-251-2122 or 888-977-4263

http://www.theplaydiumstore.com
http://www.winwithp1ag.com

paidge
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by paidge »

Starburst_Pieces_Parts wrote:
paidge wrote:Ça faisait 2 ou 3 jours que je n'avais pas visité le site et c'est comme si j'avais rêvé (pas certain pentoute par exemple) d'un thread sur le meeting du 24 octobre qui n'est plus là. Donc, étant donné que j'ai pu rêver, je vais m'abstenir de tout commentaires que certains peuvent trouver stupides mais que moi j'aurais trouvé drôles.En conclusion, -1 pour moi pour des raisons personnelles (j'ai un souper de cédulé au TK le 24 octobre au soir).

Hey Guy,

SVP envoi les commentaires a R.A.B. par PM, lui il les trouve drole, je te l'assure. ;)
La boite de RAB doit être pleine parce que moi j'ai pissé dans mes culottes.

Keep on good focus Robert.....

darkdog1
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 2 times

Post by darkdog1 »

j'vais être la!:-)
Rien ne sert d'argumenter avec un stupide,car pour le faire tu dois descendre a son niveau et la..il te battra par expérience!

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Guest list has been updated. 2 spots left really, if I count myself, which I won't.

UPDATE -

More machines have been shuffled around today, tweaked and repaired with the help of tonysaprano, TerryZ and Big Dave in a way.

Thank you boys !

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

R.A.B. wrote:Guest list has been updated. 2 spots left really, if I count myself, which I won't.

UPDATE -

More machines have been shuffled around today, tweaked and repaired with the help of tonysaprano, TerryZ and Big Dave in a way.

Thank you boys !
I have been there if you had beer Oh wait a minute I'm in Newfoundland still. ;)
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

redketchup
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by redketchup »

Yes! just realise that you will have a gottlieb counterforce!

This is the first pinball I had... My father bought this for me as a gift for my first year at the university!

Should bring me back some memories...
Bally Centaur, Fathom, Stern Big Game, Flight 2000, Quicksilver, Catacomb, Stargazer, Nineball, Metallica Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, Wurlitzer 41, 700, 750e, 1100, 1900, 1700, Rockola 1428, tempo 1, seeburg HF 100R, VL 200, Ami I
To see it: http://www.pinballowners.com/redketchup

MAACA Super Contributor

redketchup wrote:Yes! just realise that you will have a gottlieb counterforce!

And that tomato paste, much like your favorite colour being red, and as highlighted in your own phrase above, may well be what all this non-sense is about in the end. :?

You and that yellowmustard fella do coordinate very well in your participation at the MPL meetings and I am sure that ye will both make for fine condiments at this meeting, especially for those yummy sought after MPL points. :lol:

paidge
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by paidge »

And that tomato paste, much like your favorite colour being red, and as highlighted in your own phrase above, may well be what all this non-sense is about in the end. :?

You and that yellowmustard fella do coordinate very well in your participation at the MPL meetings and I am sure that ye will both make for fine condiments at this meeting, especially for those yummy sought after MPL points. :lol:

Maudit que j'aimerais ça être bon en anglais pour comprendre toutes les subtilités qui peuvent se cacher dans ce qui est écrit......

foonleclown
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by foonleclown »

Faut que je travaille :cry: Ca fait deja beaucoup de journée off que je prend cette année :o
Mame (Francis)

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

paidge wrote:

Maudit que j'aimerais ça être bon en anglais pour comprendre toutes les subtilités qui peuvent se cacher dans ce qui est écrit......

Je pense que le gars de la poissonerie y'ai pas aussi intelligent et subtile que moi. :D Ketchup pis Moutarde sont les bienvenu même si il n'y avait pas de points MPL a cette soirée et qu'elle couterai 20 piastres l'entrée. En faite, c'est evident pour n'importe qui avec une cervelle qui fonctionne qu'il n y'a rien a célébré c'est jours ci, alors peut être qu'on va faire un gros party pareil et demander des contributions. :? :lol: :shock: Ont pourrait mettre un gars habiler en tenu de la grande dépression pour vendre des crayons à mine à coter de la Bally 1936 avec une tasse en metal autours de son cou a l'entrée de la shop. Boff, trop déprimant, et pas une bonne idée pour l'humeur générale des troops. Je retourne a la poissonerie taper sur la tête du gars de pièces - "livin' the dream baby, livin' the dream."

paidge
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by paidge »

Bon ok, m'en va m'acheter des lunettes pour voir de proche :roll:

Splitskull
Admins
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Splitskull »

R.A.B. wrote:
Je pense que le gars de la poissonerie y'ai pas aussi intelligent et subtile que moi. :D Ketchup pis Moutarde sont les bienvenu même si il n'y avait pas de points MPL a cette soirée et qu'elle couterai 20 piastres l'entrée. En faite, c'est evident pour n'importe qui avec une cervelle qui fonctionne qu'il n y'a rien a célébré c'est jours ci, alors peut être qu'on va faire un gros party pareil et demander des contributions. :? :lol: :shock: Ont pourrait mettre un gars habiler en tenu de la grande dépression pour vendre des crayons à mine à coter de la Bally 1936 avec une tasse en metal autours de son cou a l'entrée de la shop. Boff, trop déprimant, et pas une bonne idée pour l'humeur générale des troops. Je retourne a la poissonerie taper sur la tête du gars de pièces - "livin' the dream baby, livin' the dream."
Flip-flopping much? Is it $10, is it $20, is an MPL meet with points, is it not?!? make up your mind.

Lowrent
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Lowrent »

What I learned from this thread :

- Paidge doesn't get english subtleties
- Splitskull doesn't get french subtleties

MAACA Super Contributor

ok, no more funny stuff. People are tense. We best leave humour aside for now.

So:

1st post by R.A.B. stands, the rest is gibberish.

paidge
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by paidge »

Starburst_Pieces_Parts wrote:ok, no more funny stuff. People are tense. We best leave humour aside for now.

So:

1st post by R.A.B. stands, the rest is gibberish.

Chu certain que t'as fait par expres pour prendre un ost... de mot bizarre qu'on voit jamais comme «gibberish».

M'as aller chercher mon dictionnaire anglais/francais pis j'arrête de parler pour rien dire.

:geek:

redketchup
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by redketchup »

charabia...

moi aussi je ne comprend rien... c'est juste que je le dis pas!
Bally Centaur, Fathom, Stern Big Game, Flight 2000, Quicksilver, Catacomb, Stargazer, Nineball, Metallica Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, Wurlitzer 41, 700, 750e, 1100, 1900, 1700, Rockola 1428, tempo 1, seeburg HF 100R, VL 200, Ami I
To see it: http://www.pinballowners.com/redketchup

Splitskull
Admins
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Splitskull »

Starburst_Pieces_Parts wrote: .... the rest is gibberish.
yeah, right :lol:

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Guest list has been updated - again.

The machines are behaving well so far, and here is a short review of what the hell you can expect. Especially for those competitive type players attending this very cool MPL event which is mostly about living privilaged exisitential moments in an off-beat and somewhat specatacular space which will no longer exist except in our memories and on youtube in a year or two from now. And, which is not readily available to most of us in daily life. But what the hell, let's play for points - that is what matters, "Am I wrong ! ? (pause) Am I wrong ?!! Well, allright then."

The Gottlieb "Counterforce" is nasty, and a real mean deal. Frustrating as all hell to the typical & competitive player who thinks he is "hot shit", this one will bring you down to earth, space theme and all. The sounds are right up the 80's alley, and will definitely please most of you guys and make you say "cool !". I personally think the machine sounds stupid, and merits a Kojaks burger with hot sauce right in the speaker grill, but what do I know. The time allowed to drop all the targets is perfectly measured to drive you nuts. Good luck.

The Sonic "Mars trek" is a piece of shit, looks great, but a crappy game, and should make mince meat out of most of us. Short ball times and vicious outlanes.

Stern's "Split Second" - what can I say except - beautiful design and bad art on the backglass. Quick & fast with the possibility for very high scores which can be acheived by most focused players.

Gottlieb's "Target Alpha" - this one will seperate the men from the boys. All I can say, and will venture to provide as advice is make every shot count. Drop as many targets as possible and ignore everyhting else in order to acheive the best possible score, especially on the fifth ball, it can be pivotal. An unforgiving game if you attention wanders in the slightest way.

There will be other games there for fun, and I strongly suggest having fun as a first order of business.

Rob

Gis
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Gis »

:D