Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

AMX
MAACA Wacko

Re: MPL MEETING, SAMEDI 1er DÉCEMBRE!!!

Postby AMX » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:46 pm

Finalement, -1 pour moi!!! :x
Décidément, je suis vraiment pas dû pour les meets cette année!! :roll:
Je garde le stock de sous marin pour la prochaine fois...
Pinball
Pinball Owners.com/amx1
Jukebox
Seeburg DS, Seeburg AY, Seeburg 222, RockOla 418, AMI E-80
Video
Star Wars + ESB, 1942, 1943, Striker 1945, Arkanoid, Arkanoid Revenge Of Doh, Spy Hunter, Aero Fighters
Arcade
Chicago Coin TV Baseball, Midway Haunted House, Chicago Coin Varsity, United Line Up, United Sure Fire, Bally ABC Tournament

FS: GOTTLIEB STRIKES N' SPARES

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:39 pm

AMX wrote:Finalement, -1 pour moi!!! :x
Décidément, je suis vraiment pas dû pour les meets cette année!! :roll:
Je garde le stock de sous marin pour la prochaine fois...

Aucun problème, on se reprend!

nostalgiaqc
MAACA Half-ling

Postby nostalgiaqc » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:48 pm

Hey j'ai finalement réussis à me connecter à maaca!
On se voit la les amis!
Santé !
Yan

nostalgiaqc
MAACA Half-ling

Postby nostalgiaqc » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:48 pm

Hey j'ai finalement réussis à me connecter à maaca!
On se voit la les amis!
Santé !
Yan

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:48 am

Well, I haven't had the chance to work on the pins much today, but there is some progress:

The complete ones, ready to go:
Dolly Parton
Gorgar
Time Warp
Defender
Sorcerer
Totem
Freefall
Disco
Jungle Lord
Trident = FIXED
Flash = FIXED

Need a bit of work:
X-Files = shopjob, loose scoop to retighten), Needs flipper bushings... next Friday Alouette trip
Fire = the A/C relay is goofing off. No flasher bulbs nor bell (not a big thing), I have to check the right flipper, sticks
Algar = acting goofy. Might be a chip socket
Alien Poker = Just have to set it up
Nip It = zipper flippers don't stay closed and always kicks out a ball after losing one, game never ends. Looks like the ball index. I also found that the bank of relays Under the playfield fell down. I will resecure that and look at the schematics to figure it out
Rolling Stones = Just assembly
Flight 2000 = just have to install a solenoid driver board
Genesis = needs ground mods and new cap. Tends to reset. And install new ramps.
Centigrade 37 = Need to set it up and assess.
World Cup 78 = Need to set it up and assess.

Maybe a bit more work:
Old Chicago = hasn't played in 25+ years. Starts and plays (amazingly), but if playing 2 players, it plays ball one on player 1, and then goes to ball 2 on player 2, and ball 3 on player 1. Balls go up as you change players. Probably an adjustment.

All in all, 11 ready, 6 can be done tomorrow. I have Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to get more done. Looks good so far.

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Postby R.A.B. » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:41 pm

Plus one for me Ian. It'll be great to see the gang once again out in the quiet sweet smelling suburbs of St.Lazare, Quebec.

I was suppose to switch apartments on December 1st with Josée my Betty Boop like neighbour across the hall. She has an amazing 3-1/2 room apartment looking over the city, the mountain, the water, the new Champlain bridge and beyond and she was looking for something smaller to save some money, and I was looking for more space for my son and my latest life which keeps gaining momentum somehow as I slow down.

Regardless of such contradictions in how life in the later phases is badly designed for the seniors we are becoming, Josée and I started talking, hanging out together and visiting eachother's spaces with measuring tapes and various other devices which help define outcomes.

At her place I envisioned a Bally Bonanza bingo in the bedroom lighting up the room. Everything was looking bang on. So a few weeks ago we agreed to switch our leases and got the paperwork squared away at the rental office. I was pretty happy and so was my son when he saw her place. All that was left was to move across the hall and sign the papers on Nov. 29th . So I started packing, tearing down stuff and cleaning. Today she called me and said, “Robert, faut que je te parle, peux tu venir chez moi.”

20181104_094701.jpg
20181104_094643.jpg

Tabarnac, and oh shit here it comes.

Apparently she doesn't like the view from my studio as much as she led me to believe and has decided to keep her space even though she is going broke.

I tried to reason with her and told her that she could come over anytime and look over the city and beyond when she felt she needed to, I would even give her a key, - but no go. OK, so the unexpected result is that I can now make the MPL at Ian's with Warlock in tow instead of having him help me move various pieces of furniture Josée has, boxes of bras, bingos, pinballs, books and various odd ball belongings.

So here is my question to you Ian - Do you mind if I invite a few of the boys who no longer linger on MAACA and were a big part of Pitt Street back in the day ?

This is very much your call and at your total discretion ofcourse. So check you pms tomorrow for the names of the accomplices I have in mind and let me know before I contact them tomorrow night.

Again, this is your MPL and your house so you tell me and I will abide.

As well, if any of the members attending that night need parts from Alouette, I can definitely bring them with me and save you a trip to the weirdest commercial mancave in Montreal where I spend about 25 hours a week sorting things out now that Pitt street is a distant memory. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become from wanting to do less and less for more and more in a world of exaggerated self-importance which seems to mostly belong to the new dumb. :shock: :roll: :?
Last edited by R.A.B. on Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:48 pm

R.A.B. wrote:So here is my question to you Ian - Do you mind if I invite a few of the boys who no longer linger on MAACA and were a big part of Pitt Street back in the day ?

This is very much your call and at your total discretion ofcourse. So check you pms tomorrow for the names of the accomplices I have in mind and let me know before I contact them tomorrow night.

Again, this is your MPL and your house so you tell me and I will abide.

Not only do I agree, but I insist!!! Please, to all, my house is your house. All are welcome!!

And Robert, I have a club chair and a woodrail leg with your name on it! ;)

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:59 pm

Well, no one ever accused me of not being an optimist. Lol. As much as I planned to fix a lot this weekend, a surprise family dinner and hauling my kids to birthday parties this weekend has hindered progress... but I wouldn't have it any other way. I relish the family moments.... especially being on thebroad so much.

So today, it was mostly about analysis. I did set up Gorgar and World Cup. But didn't test the latter yet.

Nip It is being somewhat sneaky. Something is triggering the zipper flippers into opening as soon as they close. No GI nor feature lights on the playfield, and stays stuck on ball 1.

The good thing is that I am leaving for Napanee tomorrow morning until Wednesday. So that leaves me 2 evenings to familiarize myself with the schematics. But I won't lie, there will be more emphasis on the SS pins as I am more at ease with them and can get more done for now.

But it is exhilarating to just be able to play a pin. Lol. Some know how bad the gameroom was 3 minths ago. And Heisenberg gave me the best compliment... he was amazed to see what I pulled off renovation-wise with all the games in there. Lol

Onwards!!

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:01 pm

Also, IMPORTANT NOTE.... the "offishul" start of the meeting is 6pm, but all are welcome beforehand! The Mustard called me and asked if he could come at 4pm. No problem!

And don't eat supper... I will order pizza for all.

Bring your good mood, your great conversation, your mad pinskillz, your beer and appetite!

The games might be shit, but the times will be good! Lol

Toeckeder
MAACA Millennial

Postby Toeckeder » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:24 pm

+1!
Pins: HIGH SPEED, GUNS N ROSES, FIREPOWER, SORCERER, LASER WAR, FATHOM, NOW, BLACKOUT, ALIEN POKER, LASER BALL, TOMMY, FIREPOWER II, BALLY PLAYBOY
WTB: NO VACANCY
Vid: DIY MAME, TEMPEST, NUCLEUS CANNON
Gone: Punch-Out!!, TARGET ALPHA, STARGATE, SPIRIT OF 76, ROLLERGAMES, TAXI, TOMMY, EARTHSHAKER, BACK TO THE FUTURE, TWILIGHT ZONE, TX SECTOR, CENTAUR, AC/DC PRO, ROLLERGAMES, WHIRLWIND, TIME MACHINE, GALAGA, GRAND LIZARD, TORPEDO ALLEY, F-14 TOMCAT, BLACKOUT, ALGAR

Toeckeder
MAACA Millennial

Postby Toeckeder » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:24 pm

+1!
Pins: HIGH SPEED, GUNS N ROSES, FIREPOWER, SORCERER, LASER WAR, FATHOM, NOW, BLACKOUT, ALIEN POKER, LASER BALL, TOMMY, FIREPOWER II, BALLY PLAYBOY
WTB: NO VACANCY
Vid: DIY MAME, TEMPEST, NUCLEUS CANNON
Gone: Punch-Out!!, TARGET ALPHA, STARGATE, SPIRIT OF 76, ROLLERGAMES, TAXI, TOMMY, EARTHSHAKER, BACK TO THE FUTURE, TWILIGHT ZONE, TX SECTOR, CENTAUR, AC/DC PRO, ROLLERGAMES, WHIRLWIND, TIME MACHINE, GALAGA, GRAND LIZARD, TORPEDO ALLEY, F-14 TOMCAT, BLACKOUT, ALGAR

HPR Pinball
MAACA OG

Postby HPR Pinball » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:26 pm

Aucun prob avec des games pas parfaite, juste de vivre l'ambiance ca me convient parfaitement :-)
Inventory
Pins: http://www.pinballowners.com/hal-9ooo
Vids: http://www.arcade-museum.com/members/me ... _id=454505
Les arcades, j'suis tombé d'dans quand j'tait pti !! :-)

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:44 pm

HPR Pinball wrote:Aucun prob avec des games pas parfaite, juste de vivre l'ambiance ca me convient parfaitement :-)

J'ai aussi le gros sofa avec le foyer devant, si tu veux relaxer! Lol

Azatotht
Admins

Postby Azatotht » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:05 am

Sparky wrote:J'ai aussi le gros sofa avec le foyer devant, si tu veux relaxer! Lol

Non ça c'est à moi :lol:
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Chnillapoil
MAACA Chatterbox

Postby Chnillapoil » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:14 pm

+1
HIGH SPEED 1986
PIN*BOT 1986
TAXI 1988
:rifle OLD CHICAGO 1976
MAME MARIO BROS 1983
RACER BY MIDWAY 1975
FATHOM 1980
MS PACMAN (cocktail project)

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Postby R.A.B. » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:19 pm

FYI Ian.

TerryZ can't make it, family obligations.

mbudman I am still working on as well as badfish

tonysoprano is likely as well as bank-coil

Anyone here needs parts to be brought to this grandiose event, please contact me at 3429111 tomorrow or friday.

We have lots of parts and lots of weird stuff and even more parts where I work these days, and I am slowly accepting the fact that this is where I belong and where my square job employment career will likely come to a close, simply surrounded by parts and wild/real people.

The strangest thing is that I am the youngster in the place, and I don't have to be around or listen to any 20 or 30 years old who understand the world and/or how things work because they have a phone causing them to have less & less ideas which are derived on their own. Somebody is in charge, and it ain't the upcoming generations.

Hell ,who is the sucker now, or as they say in bon Quebecois, "C'est qui le cave ?"

Five years to go until the vegetable garden. Spanish peanut anyone ?

R.A.B.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

cap
MAACA Half-ling

Postby cap » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:37 pm

-1, les samedi ca marche pas pour moi. On se revoit en janvier.
Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:03 pm

R.A.B. wrote:FYI Ian.

TerryZ can't make it, family obligations.

mbudman I am still working on as well as badfish

tonysoprano is likely as well as bank-coil

Anyone here needs parts to be brought to this grandiose event, please contact me at 3429111 tomorrow or friday.

We have lots of parts and lots of weird stuff and even more parts where I work these days, and I am slowly accepting the fact that this is where I belong and where my square job employment career will likely come to a close, simply surrounded by parts and wild/real people.

The strangest thing is that I am the youngster in the place, and I don't have to be around or listen to any 20 or 30 years old who understand the world and/or how things work because they have a phone causing them to have less & less ideas which are derived on their own. Somebody is in charge, and it ain't the upcoming generations.

Hell ,who is the sucker now, or as they say in bon Quebecois, "C'est qui le cave ?"

Five years to go until the vegetable garden. Spanish peanut anyone ?

R.A.B.

I learned that appreciation at work is much more important than salary or benefits. To hear the words "so, what do YOU think about this" or simply "I really appreciate what you do here" is just as great as having a bunch of friends over for pinball and general mayhem.

As for the guests, sucks that Terry can't make it, but I always say family first. As for Mark, he did PM me asking for my address, so I think it is safe to say he is coming.

And for what it is Worth, I do greatly appreciate people coming over, especially on a Saturday. I sincerely hope not to disappoint. I get back home tomorrow night, and I will hit HARD the repairs.

As of right now,

Dolly Parton
Gorgar
TMNT
Time Warp
Defender (BADASS with the flipper rebuild)
Sorcerer
Totem
Freefall
Disco
Jungle Lord
Trident
Flash

Almost there:
X-Files
Fire
Algar
Alien Poker
Nip It
Rolling Stones
Flight 2000
Genesis
Centigrade 37
World Cup 78

Maybe a bit more work:
Old Chicago

I am quite confident to get most if not all of the "almost there" pins up and running.

As for vids, Omega Race shit the bed so I need to send the board out. There is Wizard of Wor and the Major Havok mame. I wish there were more. I have to work on that. Stargate is in the shed, to be restored to all it's impossible glory. And Asteroids is in storage, which is a crime as it works. I may still pull it out. But I won't lie, lifting a cocktail by myself isn't appealing right now. LOL

Nevertheless... I do want to thank everyone for inspiring me to get this done, even though I have an impossible schedule. To see a gameroom take shape is awesome. And I do want to share it more.

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:03 pm

cap wrote:-1, les samedi ca marche pas pour moi. On se revoit en janvier.

Aucun problème, je comprends!

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:24 pm

Getting there...

As of right now,

Dolly Parton
Gorgar
TMNT
Time Warp
Defender
Sorcerer
Totem
Freefall
Disco
Jungle Lord
Trident
Flash
X-Files
Rolling Stones
Genesis (fucking BADASS with the clear ramps!!!)
Flight 2000

Almost there:
Fire
Algar
Alien Poker
Nip It
World Cup 78

Maybe a bit more work:
Old Chicago

Not bad considering my time available. I will do more tonight after my kids< dance classes, and some shop work and overall cleaning tomorrow.

Tired... LOL

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:37 pm

... et il n'est pas trop tard pour confirmer votre présence! Je n'ai pas imposé une limite de personnes.

Come have some fun!

nostalgiaqc
MAACA Half-ling

Postby nostalgiaqc » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:50 pm

-1 $orry
A la prochaine!
Yan

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:25 am

nostalgiaqc wrote:-1 $orry
A la prochaine!
Yan

On se reprendra. Moi qui venait de finir de réparer Rolling Stones. ;)

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:27 am

OK. I am tired. LOL

I just stopped for the day. Been at it since 7am. MOst are fixed but might still have a few bugs.

As of right now,

Dolly Parton
Gorgar
TMNT
Time Warp
Defender
Sorcerer
Totem
Freefall
Disco
Jungle Lord (just have the flipper rebuild left... 15 minute job)
Trident
Flash
X-Files
Rolling Stones
Genesis
Flight 2000

Almost there:
Flight 2000 (won't kick out balls in a game, I suspect a trough switch. Drop targets need fixing)
Fire (plays but no flash bulbs nor bell)
Algar (haven't touched it yet. Glitchy)
Alien Poker (just need to connect wires and test)
Nip It (buggy)
World Cup 78 (need to connect it, but my hopes are not high)
Old Chicago (needs an overhaul)

OK... as for tomorrow, I will keep repairing until noon. Then I clean up. I also have to go buy snacks and drinks. So if you show up at 1pm, I might not be there. LOL

Official time is 6pm, but if arriving after 4pm it is OK. Give me a bit of time to put away the Tools and vacuum. LOL

Return to “Montreal Pinball League”