Williams Hit the Ice stand-up value?

Talk about video games (vids) and consoles from your past and present!!
macnwigs
MAACA Silent Type

Williams Hit the Ice stand-up value?

Post by macnwigs »

Hi all,

Looking for guidance on a Williams Hit the Ice (2) player coin op. Unfortunately I am getting pinched for space and was looking at selling it. No idea what it may be worth at this point. I know condition etc is a factor but can anyone offer range of what it could be worth....

Thanks

Dave W.
MAACA Half-ling

Re: Williams Hit the Ice stand-up value?

Post by Dave W. »

I'd say 800$ - $1000

macnwigs
MAACA Silent Type

Post by macnwigs »

Thanks Dave! That's kinda what I was thinking. I have some jokesters trying to offer me like $250 saying it's old and only a single game etc....It's mint and well taken care of.

World_of_Warships
MAACA Buck

Post by World_of_Warships »

Probably not talking about the same upright game nor if it's a decent survivor or not, but I saw a William Hit the Ice on eBay - may be worth you go take a look. But, yeah, those were jokesters all right..lol
Already made it to Stage 2, I don't know if I should be looking forward to Stage 3! More information on pinball 'stages'
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

Btw, I also drive a Tier X Yamato in World of Warships (online gaming)

World_of_Warships
MAACA Buck

E.g. you can't even buy decals for 250$ nowadays, let alone a full game!
Already made it to Stage 2, I don't know if I should be looking forward to Stage 3! More information on pinball 'stages'

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

World_of_Warships wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:32 pm
Probably not talking about the same upright game nor if it's a decent survivor or not, but I saw a William Hit the Ice on eBay - may be worth you go take a look. But, yeah, those were jokesters all right..lol
Ebay is a terrible way to price things though. Most robust market is probably KLOV people.
WANTED: Stern Jurassic Park Pro, 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

macnwigs wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:04 pm
some jokesters trying to offer me like $250 saying it's old and only a single game etc....It's mint and well taken care of.

LOL, "it's not like my FANCY game that is 160-in-1, it's just a SINGLE game!"
yeeesh
If it's actually minty and original probably looking more to the higher end. Hit The Ice is a GREAT game for any game/party room and won't be too hard to sell. Probably.
WANTED: Stern Jurassic Park Pro, 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)

macnwigs
MAACA Silent Type

Post by macnwigs »

Ok, on second look, maybe not minty, but definitely a good machine! Gotta be worth more than $250...

World_of_Warships
MAACA Buck

cait001 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:41 pm
World_of_Warships wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:32 pm
Ebay is a terrible way to price things though. Most robust market is probably KLOV people.
Agreed, eBay can be a jungle - let alone Kijiji. But this is where a lot, a LOT of things get sold..

World_of_Warships
MAACA Buck

macnwigs wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:01 pm
Ok, on second look, maybe not minty, but definitely a good machine! Gotta be worth more than $250...

Cool looking game, just the same! Not as spectacular as those colored uprights with the big blue and red sidings (maybe those were only with the 4-players models?). Anyway, definitely more than $250! I'll defer to our other MAACA friend with his valuation at $800-1000, thou I'm thinking closer to the lower range (so, closer to $800 based on similar games you see here and there)

GLWS!

World_of_Warships
MAACA Buck

Also, doesn't matter if it's a single game only, actually does what it does and probably plays the way it should! Nothing wrong with that - it's fun having a game that has a specific purpose: for example, our Pac-Man plays...Pac-Man, the joystick is incredible, and after 40 years it keeps on playing the same way. And that game isn't going anywhere! It has a 'presence' in the house, somehow.

Weird to explain, but a single playing arcade occupies that spot and brings instant fun whenever people walk in front of it.

And I feel that this game being offered will do exactly that! Decorate with a framed hockey stick over it, a hockey jersey on a hook nearby and crack open a beer.. game on! (I wanted to say go Habs go, however the heart is no longer there..! Lol)

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

ah ok I thought it would be one of those glorious 4-player red cabinets.
I'm guessing this is NOT an original dedicated unit. $800 seems higher end then.

Dave W.
MAACA Half-ling

Post by Dave W. »

Ok, I originally thought it was in a dedicated cabinet with 25" monitor. Based on the pics, this is a smaller cab with 19" monitor. So maybe 750$... but yeah, don't fall for someone telling you it's worth 250$. That same person will re-list it the next day on kijiji for 1000$

Mrhide
MAACA OG

Post by Mrhide »

this is a conversion kit, sorry but not 800$.
not 250$ either but 400 perhaps.
LF: GrooveCoaster + Shoot 'em up PCB. Let me know what you have!

darkdog1
MAACA Half-ling

Post by darkdog1 »

I agree with mrhide. Even if it look original ,it is not.never saw a 2 players stand up either.i had a 4 player original cab here before ,sold it around 800$.Personaly,arcade games that sells aroud 1000$ is dedicated cab with original pcb and in realy good shape.
Rien ne sert d'argumenter avec un stupide,car pour le faire tu dois descendre a son niveau et la..il te battra par expérience!

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by Guard »

Its on FB Marketplace for 800..
PINS- Hit The Deck/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/Spirit of 76/Card Whiz/ Genesis / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/ Stern POTC/Genie/ Victory/Countdown/Shaq Attaq
Projects- Jacks Open /Stratoflite/ Jolly Roger/ Hang Glider
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

World_of_Warships
MAACA Buck

Game now posted on Kijiji, GLWS!

Return to “Video games and consoles”