Arcade/Vid Test Equipment

Talk about video games (vids) and consoles from your past and present!!
Battlezoneman
MAACA Valued Contributor

Arcade/Vid Test Equipment

Post by Battlezoneman »

Decided to visit my storage unit today while I was nearby and get out my arcade test equipment.

Had to put it into storage several years ago when I was moving around a bit. I had intended to get it back out once I was properly setup, but that never seemed to happen.

Pics of some of the equipment. This is just one box of it.

CRT Tester and Rejuvenator

Atari CAT Box w/ accessories

Custom built arcade test box and controller. Can test 90-95% of arcade boards. As well as test/power monitors. Also has some built in test equipment like a logic probe, voltage testers, etc.

Wico X-Y Pattern Generator with an EPROM eraser to the right of it

Couple of pieces here. Top left: Monitor Color Generator, Top RIght: Arcade Analyzer (tests all aspects of a monitor)
Bottom: Monitor pattern generator tester

Standard Oscilloscope

Piles of technical books on arcade machines (lots not in the picture)

Also got some other test equipment in my other boxes which I forgot to take out.

All of it works (last time I had it setup).

Was pretty fun bringing games back from the dead. Might have to get it all setup again soon ;)
Roadblasters Cockpit
Monaco GP Cockpit
Centipede Upright
Defender Upright
Missle Command Cabaret
Tons of game PCB's

shovelhed
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Arcade/Vid Test Equipment

Post by shovelhed »

Oh man, that's super fun! What a great collection of stuff. How long has it been away?

Battlezoneman
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by Battlezoneman »

Been about 5-6 years since I completely dropped off the map. You know, life happens.

But been slowly getting back into it as of ~8 months ago when I got into my storage unit and saw my Missile Command Cabaret smiling at me from under some boxes. Dragged her out, plugged her in to see how she was doing. The start up sounds instantly drew me back in. Then 2 hours later I emerged from the storage unit (after playing about 20+ rounds of missile command and looking through other arcade boxes). Ended up putting the cabaret into my truck and bringing her home.

The upright Centipede (only other machine I ended up keeping) was smiling at me from under some plastic in the back of the storage unit today, hoping she would be the next to come home. But she will stay there for a while longer I figure. She works great, but I just don't have the room at the moment (plus the back of the pickup truck is full of snow). Maybe in the spring.

The good old days:

Roadblasters Cockpit
Monaco GP Cockpit
Centipede Upright
Defender Upright
Missle Command Cabaret
Tons of game PCB's

Dave W.
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Dave W. »

What kind of tube rejuvenator do you own?
Been looking to get my hands on a B&K (467 or 469)... curious if you've used one of these