MAME special config games

Talk about video games (vids) and consoles from your past and present!!
HPR Pinball
MAACA OG
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 114 times

MAME special config games

Post by HPR Pinball »

Most mame cabs for sale use the usual 2 joysticks + 2x 6 buttons configuration control panel with 10,000+ games.
If you're lucky there's a spinner or trackball, and if you're very lucky you get both.
I think most people don't realize how much very good games they cannot play with this basic config.
Also lot of games are hardly playable with this usual config. Robotron, the 2 very far microswitch joysticks won't give the player
full control of the game. Joust also need the small 2 way joystick to be 100% playable, this small joystick is much faster than a usual 8 way microswitch.

This place is to list all those very good games, you're welcome to add games to complete this list.
Each time i play mame i find more games. Here's few games to start this list.

All games with a car (steering + pedals) i won't list all of them, you can imagine how much games.
All gun games, samething, there's tons of fun games.
Q*bert (45 degree 4 way joystick)
2 players Total Carnage (4 joysticks)
2 players Smash Tv (4 joysticks)
Food Fight (analog joystick)
Mad Planets (spinner + flightstick)
Tron (spinner + flightstick)
Defender/Stargate (up/down joystick + 6 buttons ergonomics)
Sinistar (49 ways joysticks)
Star Wars (yoke)
Return of the Jedi (yoke)
720 (Special rotary joystick)
Ikari Warrior (8 way rotary joystick)
2 players arkanoid return ( 2 spinners)
2 players Blasteroids (2 spinners)
2 players Marble Madness (2 trackballs)
Assault (2 flightstick)
2 players Karate Champ (4 joysticks)

More to come ...
The video game i want to play is always the one i don't have :FP:
Les arcades, j'suis tombé d'dans quand j'tait pti !! :-)

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 425 times
Been liked: 258 times

Re: MAME special config games

Post by Mrhide »

LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

While we all gawk at the MAME setups that have a sprawling control panel with a myriad of inputs, I was thinking it'd be great to see one of those MAME control panels but with all semi-translucent buttons, or at least rings around the controls, so that when you start a game the controls that are active light up
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

mrmikeman
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by mrmikeman »

cait001 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:40 pm While we all gawk at the MAME setups that have a sprawling control panel with a myriad of inputs, I was thinking it'd be great to see one of those MAME control panels but with all semi-translucent buttons, or at least rings around the controls, so that when you start a game the controls that are active light up
Already implemented with LEDBlinky. The active controls light up (RGB buttons). White for system buttons(pause, coins, ESC, etc) and red for game buttons. The non-active ones just blink random colors (or can be just off). I like the blinking.

I'll try to get a quick clip of it in action once I have a bit of spare time. I have to unfuck mine. My button RGBs are offset by 2. Button 1 is active but button 3 lights up. Button 2 is active but button 4 lights up, etc.
PINS:
Labyrinth (#21)
Jurassic Park LE (#449)
JAWS Premium
Scooby Doo CE (#141)
MultiMorphic P3 with all 7 current modules + all mini-games currently available
Star Wars Prem
Star Trek the Next Generation
Lady Luck (Recel) (in winter storage)
Gtb Pro Football (in winter storage)

Incoming: Looney Tunes, Princess Bride (P3 module)

VIDS:
Vewlix S 2-player: Running Emu PC *SOLD PP

MISC:
Aristocrat Shuffle Alley (in winter storage)
Custom built mini Virtual Pinball

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel. *FOR SALE - $500 (in winter storage)
NSM Emerald Ice CD(100) wall hanger juke. *FOR SALE - $1400

Gone but not forgotten
So many... CCrLE, WOZ ECLE, Stern POTC, Star Trek Pro, MMrRE, Stranger Things LE, Dr Who, RFM, SWEP1, Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.