The Internet Pinball Serial Number Database!

Pinball and arcade links
Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

The Internet Pinball Serial Number Database!

Postby Sparky » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:57 am

Greetings to all,

In an effort to document as much as possible in the hobby, I started a while back to note and record every serial number of pinball machines that have come up to my place. I STRONGLY encourage others to do as well! It is a quick thing to do and can be done here:

http://www.ipsnd.net/

The database is a great reference as to how many machines are out there. Sure, sites like Pinball Owners are great, but none really have any system in order to document serial numbers. They are mostly "collector-inventory" oriented. IPSND is more about a global surviving inventory. It is a snapshop of what machines are still out there! And it is kinda cool to see that where they are all located!

So please take a pic of your serial number and register it! Don't feel like doing it? Then send me a pic of your serial number and a brief description of the machine's condition (working, a parts machine or just an empty cab) and I will do it!

Let's see how many are out there!
Now playing in Sparky's Power Station: Way too much shit...

Drano
MAACA Priest

Re: The Internet Pinball Serial Number Database!

Postby Drano » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:46 pm

Interesting site.
I recently went on there to see how many Cactus Canyon were registered and how I could determine if my build # was also matched to the serial #.

I had a faint hope of, one day, finding my missing #192 commemorative plaque.
It's probably sitting in some European landfill :(

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:01 pm

What all places on a pin can the serial numbers be found?
Pins: Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania
Vids: Double Dragon 619-1
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip
WTB: Punk!, Black Knight, Spirit, Cosmic Gunfight, Barracora, Medusa
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

Drano
MAACA Priest

Postby Drano » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:22 pm

Chris Silver wrote:What all places on a pin can the serial numbers be found?

For modern pins... back of cabinet, inside cabinet wall. On WMS there were little stickers everywhere. Under the coin coor, on every single board, etc...

Gottlieb wedgheads had them stamped into the front of the cabinet and also sometimes on a sticker on the top arch.

Not too sure about other manufacturers.

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:24 pm

The best number I can find on my Solar fire is 540936. This number is ink stamped on the bottom of my playfield and on stickers most of my boards.

It had a production run according to the IPDB of a maximum 782 units. I can't see a pattern.
Pins: Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania
Vids: Double Dragon 619-1
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip
WTB: Punk!, Black Knight, Spirit, Cosmic Gunfight, Barracora, Medusa
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:56 pm

Chris Silver wrote:The best number I can find on my Solar fire is 540936. This number is ink stamped on the bottom of my playfield and on stickers most of my boards.

It had a production run according to the IPDB of a maximum 782 units. I can't see a pattern.

Williams always had 6-digit serial numbers.
Now playing in Sparky's Power Station: Way too much shit...

Drano
MAACA Priest

Postby Drano » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:06 am

Chris Silver wrote:The best number I can find on my Solar fire is 540936. This number is ink stamped on the bottom of my playfield and on stickers most of my boards.

The serial numbers don't always match up with production numbers.
For example, They wouldn't necessarily start at 540001 and there wasn't consistency from one game to another. I'm sure there were reasons for this, but I don't know what they were.

Return to “LINKS...”