The Internet Pinball Serial Number Database!

Pinball and arcade links
Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 5 times

Re: The Internet Pinball Serial Number Database!

Post by Drano »

Interesting site.
I recently went on there to see how many Cactus Canyon were registered and how I could determine if my build # was also matched to the serial #.

I had a faint hope of, one day, finding my missing #192 commemorative plaque.
It's probably sitting in some European landfill :(

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

What all places on a pin can the serial numbers be found?
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Drano »

Chris Silver wrote:What all places on a pin can the serial numbers be found?
For modern pins... back of cabinet, inside cabinet wall. On WMS there were little stickers everywhere. Under the coin coor, on every single board, etc...

Gottlieb wedgheads had them stamped into the front of the cabinet and also sometimes on a sticker on the top arch.

Not too sure about other manufacturers.

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

The best number I can find on my Solar fire is 540936. This number is ink stamped on the bottom of my playfield and on stickers most of my boards.

It had a production run according to the IPDB of a maximum 782 units. I can't see a pattern.
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Drano »

Chris Silver wrote:The best number I can find on my Solar fire is 540936. This number is ink stamped on the bottom of my playfield and on stickers most of my boards.

It had a production run according to the IPDB of a maximum 782 units. I can't see a pattern.

The serial numbers don't always match up with production numbers.
For example, They wouldn't necessarily start at 540001 and there wasn't consistency from one game to another. I'm sure there were reasons for this, but I don't know what they were.