Allentown Transport to and from available

Need something shipped? Are you going somewhere and can transport a game for someone? Post it here!!
cdnpinballer
MAACA Death Knight

Allentown Transport to and from available

Postby cdnpinballer » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:07 pm

Room in the trailer for games going to and from Allentown for a fee.

PM for more info if interested. Thanks

Splitskull
Admins

Re: Allentown Transport to and from available

Postby Splitskull » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:32 pm

good to know... for the return... maybe

cdnpinballer
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cdnpinballer » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:44 am

First come first served we usually leave the show for home on Saturday afternoon. Thanks

cooke
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cooke » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:40 am

Be careful going through the border on the way down with other people's machines that are not returning to Canada. You may find yourself heading home much earlier than you expected.

Forgive me if you are already aware of the potential dangers.

ethous
MAACA Warrior

Postby ethous » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:46 am

When you go to Allentown say your going to pinball show. Do not say I sold machine or traded it. I'm just bringing it to the show for people to play on.
Never ever tell USA boarder guard that your selling or trading. They normally will wave you through.
Ottawa Arcade and amusement Operator.
Working and Collecting and restoring since 1996.
Ottawa Arcade and Pinball Technician!!
I also repair computers and hard drive Images.
Source of mame roms if ever needed in Ottawa.

cap
MAACA Barbarian

Postby cap » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:03 am

ethous wrote:When you go to Allentown say your going to pinball show. Do not say I sold machine or traded it. I'm just bringing it to the show for people to play on.
Never ever tell USA boarder guard that your selling or trading. They normally will wave you through.

Let's say you do bring it back, what's the paper work you need to do to avoid paying taxes on your way back?
Could the USA border guard tell you are bluffing if you don't have that with you?
Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

cdnpinballer
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cdnpinballer » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:50 am

Anyone interested in transport can PM to make arrangements. All questions regarding logistics can be answered via PM.

Thanks

Edit: spelling.

cooke
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cooke » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:12 am

cap wrote:
ethous wrote:When you go to Allentown say your going to pinball show. Do not say I sold machine or traded it. I'm just bringing it to the show for people to play on.

Let's say you do bring it back, what's the paper work you need to do to avoid paying taxes on your way back?
Could the USA border guard tell you are bluffing if you don't have that with you?

When heading you the USA with a machine that is going to a show and returning to Canada, you stop at Canadian customs before crossing to the USA to get what is called a green card. This is a document that shows the item originated in Canada and will be allowed entry back into Canada tax-free. This can also be used to show the USA border guard that the machine is coming back into Canada and not residing in the USA permanently.

There is no cross-communication between Canadian and US customs in this regard. Nobody checks to see if the machine actually returned to Canada or not. The green card is simply there to allow the holder to avoid paying taxes on that item when *returning* to Canada. Therefore, the US border guard can disregard it entirely, if they so choose (it's issued by Canadian customs, after all, and not US customs), and force you to complete the proper import paperwork (which may require a customs broker - which may take several days), or deny you entry completely. If you tell a US border guard that you're intending to sell a game in the US, they will DEFINITELY require proper import paperwork and you will not be entering the US with the game (at least, not without a major hassle and possibly several days of delay). If you are an American citizen, you can import whatever you want into the USA without too much trouble. The same goes for the other way around. Canadian citizens entering Canada with goods from the USA is not a problem... pay the taxes on the value of the receipts you have and off you go.

If you get a green card for a game and enter the US and then sell the game anyway and throw away the green card, nobody will be the wiser. But if that is your intention and you are found to be lying to a US border guard, the consequences may be unpleasant.

Additionally, if you take a machine to the US and the value of that game (or whatever item you're taking with you) is greater than $2500, you have to complete import paperwork (and include a customs broker) regardless or whether the machine is staying in the USA or not and regardless of whether or not you have a green card. Trust me on all of this... I speak from lots of experience.

In summary, if you're taking a machine to the USA, get a green card and make sure the value of that machine is less than $2500 (USD). If you lie to a border guard, be prepared for what may happen to you.
Last edited by cooke on Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cdnpinballer
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cdnpinballer » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:50 pm

Cooke definitely knows what he's talking about on the subject.

As mentioned, any questions or concerns can be dealt with via PM. Thanks.

cooke
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cooke » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:59 pm

Sorry... Didn't mean to hijack. See you next week!

cdnpinballer
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cdnpinballer » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:06 pm

No reason to apologize!

Great information provided for all pinballers heading south.

See you there!

Return to “Shipping Offers / Requests”