Shipping from Australia

Need something shipped? Are you going somewhere and can transport a game for someone? Post it here!!
Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Shipping from Australia

Postby Chris Silver » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:20 am

Please guys, I need information on shipping from Australia to either Ottawa or Montreal.

If anyone seriously knows some good information, has any experience and can help me out I would greatly appreciate it I would like to bring one or two very rare pins to Canada. A friend of mine in a collector group down there hooked me up.

It's very important to me and I'm dumb as a rock when it comes to shipping shit. Thanks
Pins: Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania
Vids: Double Dragon 619-1
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip
WTB: Punk!, Black Knight, Spirit, Cosmic Gunfight, Barracora, Medusa
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

novaguy
MAACA Barbarian

Re: Shipping from Australia

Postby novaguy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:21 am

I shipped a head with no bg for a Gottlieb Roto Pool to Australia a couple of years ago for a collector and he had an account set up with DHL.maybe give them a call.

Azatotht
Admins

Postby Azatotht » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:30 am

I have the feeling that shipping a game from Australia will cost a fortune (just look at planes tickets).

Hopefully I'm wrong and we get to see these rarities :mrgreen:
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

ALJO
MAACA Goliath

Postby ALJO » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:46 am

Azatotht wrote:I have the feeling that shipping a game from Australia will cost a fortune (just look at planes tickets).

Hopefully I'm wrong and we get to see these rarities :mrgreen:

I don't think so, the price of plane tickets is not a good comparison, I got a Williams Joust shipped from Colorado to Montreal by forward Air many years ago for 200$ and I'm pretty sure it would'nt of cost me only 200$ about 10 years ago to go to Colorado, or come back.
I'm sure it won't be too expensive if you use the cargo boats to get it here, it'll be long but inexpensive.

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:01 am

I'm going to look into DHL. I remember TNT once mentioned they would be able to ship any machine from port to port in the world for $600 US. That is a good comparison start and puts this probability into perspective.

It can come the slow boat from China as far as I care as long as it's in this price range it's feasible.

Is it practical to put two machines onto one larger skid?

I really appreciate solid advice. Thank you guys.
Pins: Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip

nostalgiaqc
MAACA Mage

Postby nostalgiaqc » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:05 am

Hi chris,
I looked into that as well not too long ago
Il pm you
Yan

Azatotht
Admins

Postby Azatotht » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:05 am

nostalgiaqc wrote:Hi chris,
I looked into that as well not too long ago
Il pm you
Yan

Please update this thread with any non-private infos that could help future members. :mrgreen:
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Honey Badger
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Honey Badger » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:06 am

Yes please do, there are a handful of pins from Brazil I need shipped!
WTB: Cyclopes, Split Second, Flight 2000, Warlok, BMX, Alien Star, Stern Iron Maiden SS, Vampire, Superman

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:52 pm

I'll update the thread in the near future.

nostalgiaqc
MAACA Mage

Postby nostalgiaqc » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:03 pm

Honey Badger wrote:Yes please do, there are a handful of pins from Brazil I need shipped!

You need to get in contact with a brazilian international shipping company and arrange with them.
You Will never get a company from north america to do what ever thats the problem!

Drano
MAACA Priest

Postby Drano » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:38 am

Australia! Ouch.
I hope you're bringing in a Cosmic Princess

My only international experience has been via Europe and that ran me roughly $800-$900 terminal to terminal. I did it twice. Once from France and anither from Croatia.

In both cases a local company arranged pickup and then got it onto a plane for me. Luckily the price on both machines made it worthwhile and the sellers were known to the community.

Good luck!

Coitusmysterioso
MAACA Collaborator

Postby Coitusmysterioso » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:58 am

WOW you usually see pins going the other way to Australia since they are so much more expensive there. Best of luck!

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:35 pm

I'm walking away from the deal. 2 Gottlieb Punks. One for $1200 the other $1600. The bodies looked rough but ok backglasses had slight peeling. Playfield were very nice. Targets to be replaced. The killer was the boards needed to be reworked.

Shipping was $1000 which wasn't so bad from Melbourne to Montreal. The pin was in Brisbane which was an extra $300.

After hearing about the boards my heart sunk. Minimum $4100 before boardwork and general parts. Playfield glass required as well.

Very nice and trustworthy seller. If anybody wants the info I can pass it on. Too bummed to talk about it anymore tonight.

nostalgiaqc
MAACA Mage

Postby nostalgiaqc » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:12 pm

Its too bad that those machines were badly stored and that they were a 18h drive from melbourne port wich was adding alot of trouble.
By slow boat was 50 days (1k)and plane 7 days (8k)
Would of been nice ,but i like to think that good things come to patient fellows.
Cheers

Return to “Shipping Offers / Requests”