VFVL - Game 13 - Crush Roller - May 13 to May 27

A virtual league of videogaming! Challenge your friends on classic dedicated games or emulators!
The Evener
MAACA Mage

VFVL - Game 13 - Crush Roller - May 13 to May 27

Postby The Evener » Sun May 14, 2017 9:22 pm

The VFVL Season will be wrapping up at the Canada Pin-Con with the final game (to be announced). So this week serves as the last game before "the big finale" ;)

Après deux semaines dans le ciel, il est temps de commencer à peindre.

Make Trax, connu au Japon comme Crush Roller est un jeu d'arcade 1981 développé par Alpha Denshi et publié par Kural Samno au Japon. Il a plus tard été autorisé à la sortie de l'Amérique du Nord à Williams, et en Europe à Karateco et à Exidy.
Make Trax est un jeu de labyrinthe dans lequel le joueur contrôle un pinceau et doit peindre toute la disposition pour passer à l'étape suivante.

Crush Roller est un jeu de labyrinthe dans lequel le joueur contrôle un pinceau et doit peindre toutes les routes afin de passer à l'étape suivante. Deux poissons - jaune et bleu - émergent d'un aquarium pour poursuivre le pinceau autour de l'écran. Le joueur peut utiliser deux "rouleaux" pour attaquer le poisson. Le fait de tuer des poissons de cette façon donne des points bonus.

SETTINGS
Life: 3 (DIP 3, 4 - ON)
Difficulty Play at First Pattern: Easy (DIP 5 - OFF)

As before, pick your preferred ROM (Crush roller or Make Trax) as I can't confirm what ROM is found on the 60-in-1.

After two weeks of shooting UFOs, it's time to start painting.

Make Trax, known in Japan as Crush Roller is a 1981 arcade game developed by Alpha Denshi and published by Kural Samno in Japan. It was later licensed for North American release to Williams, and in Europe to Karateco and Exidy.
Make Trax is a maze game in which the player controls a paintbrush and must paint the entire layout to advance to the next stage.

Make Trax is a maze game in which the player controls a paintbrush and must paint the entire layout in order to advance to the next stage. Two fish — one yellow, the other light blue — emerge from separate aquariums to pursue the paintbrush around the board.
The player may use two "rollers" to attack the fish. Killing fish in this manner scores bonus points.

maxresdefault.jpg
Last edited by The Evener on Mon May 15, 2017 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

OTTOgd
MAACA Grand Wizard

Re: VFVL - Game 13 - Crush Roller/Make Trax - May 13 to May 27

Postby OTTOgd » Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 pm

Pretty sure it's Crush Roller on the 60-in-1. Crush Roller on my 412-in-1.

When I read Make Trax I got excited thinking I'd be playing New Rally X, darnit. Haven't played Crush Roller much. Seemed like challenging fun though.

Game on!

OTTOgd
MAACA Grand Wizard

Re: VFVL - Game 13 - Crush Roller - May 13 to May 27

Postby OTTOgd » Sat May 20, 2017 7:46 pm

Grrrrr ... I'm not playing that well, darnit. Hate that friggin' messy mouse. Then cat. Then bird!

Attachments
20170520_201817.jpg

OTTOgd
MAACA Grand Wizard

Postby OTTOgd » Sun May 21, 2017 9:33 am

Better!

I didn't know you could wipe out the bad sprites with the brush things!? You can really score some extra points in the first level. Earned 3600 for 'painting' one , after several successful brushings!

Attachments
20170521_001759.jpg

The Evener
MAACA Mage

Postby The Evener » Sun May 21, 2017 8:47 pm

Yes the rollers are your friend and I think theyre pretty key to grabbing points. That said Ive lost a few lives going that approach so now Im wondering if I should go back to trying to move through the levels?

I really liked this game in the arcade but apparently my memory was faulty as its a lot harder than I remembered. :FP:

Need

more

practice

practice.jpg

HPR Pinball
MAACA Grand Wizard

Postby HPR Pinball » Fri May 26, 2017 9:45 pm

I played a little back in the arcade days and didn't know much about it.
It's a really fun game and addictive !! :-) Game time is short !!
Attachments
IMG_6301.JPG
Inventory
Pins: http://www.pinballowners.com/hal-9ooo
Vids: http://www.arcade-museum.com/members/me ... _id=454505
Les arcades, j'suis tombé d'dans quand j'tait pti !! :-)

Newfie

Postby Newfie » Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 pm

Wow, suck at this game, but it's a fun game.

ImageImage

Shawn

The Evener
MAACA Mage

Postby The Evener » Sat May 27, 2017 10:09 pm

Dropped by delroy666's place - some great pinball and Double Dragon action. Also took a turn at Crush Roller to get my final score

IMG_3892.jpg

The Evener
MAACA Mage

Postby The Evener » Sun May 28, 2017 8:03 pm

After another game cycle in pursuit of high score glory I think everyone is painted out. That was a lot of ground to cover especially when the animals got out and started getting tracks on everyone. I really liked using the rollers but the fish soon became wise so they were less useful in the end.

The paint is dry and here is how it broke down for this week

The Evener - 19020
HPR Pinball - 14560
Newfie - 9060
OTTOgd - 8320

I still have to tabulate overall scores but theres a bunch of VFVLers at the top - will the last game of the season decide everything?

Return to “Vidz Freaks Virtual League”