Pinball and arcade related events and tournaments
PizzaDude
MAACA Silent Type

Re: 2019 Ottawa Pinball Show

Postby PizzaDude » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:49 am

MadTitan wrote:
PizzaDude wrote:
MadTitan wrote:
PizzaDude wrote:If anyone is interested.. I should be bringing my Virtual Pinball to the show.. ( if I can figure out how to get the header off !! )

If Pizzadude is who I think it is (chris?) the Vpin is decked out and is a great example of the potential of Virtual pinball!

Yeah, thats me. I forgot to call about the knocker though. It would have been nice to put one..

If the wiring harness is there, we can install it on the spot, good sir.

It’s not a harness really. I need no control board. Basically just need the knocker assembly, wire it to the 12v, run a ground from a existing board and change a setting.

I did order the Knocker from Robert, it will be here friday :) will take a couple minutes to install

TheChurchofTheSilverBall
MAACA Buck

Postby TheChurchofTheSilverBall » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:37 am

The Church will be there again!
I'm bringing:
Pamco Contact. The actual one photographed for dick Bueschel's book.

Gottlieb Bankaball

Williams Love Bug

1962 Skeeball

Flash baseball

Bally showtime bingo

Parts, parts, parts

semicolin
MAACA Half-ling

Postby semicolin » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:36 pm

Anyone that brings a machine, if you spot me, grab me and we'll install plastic protector washers together into your game. Free! I have lots! The earlier the better.
Sharing my space with: Stern Meteor, Gottlieb Tag Team, Interflip Dragon, Bally Centaur II, Street Fighter cab w/Premium 8
Wanted: Widebody cocktail cabinet, ≥ 36", Bally Elektra, Williams Rollergames

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Guard » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:45 pm

semicolin wrote:Anyone that brings a machine, if you spot me, grab me and we'll install plastic protector washers together into your game. Free! I have lots! The earlier the better.

Would love those on my Bluenote and Hit The Deck. The plan is I'm there all day Friday for setup.....
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Buccaneer/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Flip Flop/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/ Pat Hand /Strange Science/Card Whiz/ Genesis/Jolly Roger / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/Bronco
Projects- Jacks Open /Stratoflite/ Tri Zone
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

shane
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby shane » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:56 pm

semicolin wrote:Anyone that brings a machine, if you spot me, grab me and we'll install plastic protector washers together into your game. Free! I have lots! The earlier the better.

Very cool, thanks.

I would be interested in purchasing a bunch more for my games as well as few friend's collections.

Getting close!

Edit: only bringing joker poker now as road kings has gone to a really cool couple as their first pin.
( planting the pinball seeds ).
Shane. "Just because I love pinball doesn't mean I'm any good".

WARLOCK
MAACA Wacko

Postby WARLOCK » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:55 pm

shane wrote:

Very cool, thanks.

I would be interested in purchasing a bunch more for my games as well as few friend's collections.

Getting close!

Edit: only bringing joker poker now as road kings has gone to a really cool couple as their first pin.
( planting the pinball seeds ).

Nicely done Shane. Move it forward.
Will bring you an almost rare Williams...
And take that Joker Poker home in return.
Fun times ahead and Sparky and RAB will oversee...

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Postby R.A.B. » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:57 am

Lots of work ahead preparing for the OPGS, but you know what, that's OK. Been a pretty wild and busy August and September so far. Historical hands on Pinball seminar at North Star, MPL 10th anniversary party at Alouette and a weekend with the WARLOCK in Toronto fixing pinballs and other games at the Pint and the Bluffs, that was alot of fun, especially trying to keep up with Scott. :D I think I did OK.

And it occurs to me that I have never been a vendor for Alouette at OPGS. Last year was close, but no cigar. All set up and no power. I still managed to sell some parts in the semi darkness, but this year there will be light. The year before that (2017) I was with Player One at the OPGS and pretty unenthused.

So now in 2019 I can push this gig to the hilt. Lots of parts, new and old and a machine or two. One for the historical booth and one for the free play area would be the goal. The prioroiuty remains parts and parts and parts because that is what I like dealing with more than anything else.

So send me your pre-orders and save on shipping, I am ordering from Pinball Resource, Suzo-Happ and Marco this Friday, so get your special parts requests in via PMs or text or e-mail, hell, may as well go crazy and phone me instead at Alouette 514-342-9111 by friday.

Let it roll,

Rob
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

mrmikeman
MAACA Motormouth

Postby mrmikeman » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:22 am

R.A.B. wrote:So send me your pre-orders and save on shipping, I am ordering from Pinball Resource, Suzo-Happ and Marco this Friday, so get your special parts requests in via PMs or text or e-mail, hell, may as well go crazy and phone me instead at Alouette 514-342-9111 by friday.

Let it roll,

Rob

You have been PM'd sir!

:D

Cheers,
Lineup:

PINS
STTNG - The Captain is back in da houuuuuse
NIB MMr coming 10/2019 (shhhh... It's a secret!) :shock:

JUKES
Rock-Ola 446 - Up and running :D
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Project. I have it working mechanically but no sound yet. :?

Gone but not forgotten
So many... But there were memorable ones such as MB, TZ, LOTR, TSPP, DM, T2, FH, RS, TFTC, HS, and many more...

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:38 am

Between the preorders to R.A.B. and all the parts that will be there to sift through, the OPGS show is my time to stock up on everything I need for all of my winter projects.

Oh and if anyone has any longer wood clamps (like 1-3 feet long) I'm looking to buy some used.
PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers
COUNTERTOP: 1907 Mills Little Dream Baseball, 1933 Poolette, Bradmatic Ballwin De Luxe, 1937 Genco Junior, 1934 Gottlieb Merry-Go-Round, 1933 Exhibit Supply Select-Em, 2004 Apollo 1 Arepachi (CRアレパチ アポロ1号), 2016 Thunder Dragon Z (CRサンダードラゴンZ), 1932 Gottlieb Cloverleaf, 1964 Wulff Rialto, 2015 Ranma 1/2 (CRA羽根らんま1/2R), Sammy Miracle Hustler Arrangeball, Glory Ball Deluxe (out for repair), スマートボール (Smart Ball) (lent), 1934 PAMCO Contact Master, 1936 Bally Challenger (lent), 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series (out for restoration), 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Cannon Fire, 1934 Fleet, 1935 Impact, 1935 Spot-Lite
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Cosmic Avenger, Varkon, Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship)
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Postby R.A.B. » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:51 am

cait001 wrote:Between the preorders to R.A.B. and all the parts that will be there to sift through, the OPGS show is my time to stock up on everything I need for all of my winter projects.

Oh and if anyone has any longer wood clamps (like 1-3 feet long) I'm looking to buy some used.

I think that this year's show will be an overall amazing experience. I admit that this is a lot of work, and back and forth coordination when it comes to getting the correct parts people want, and more difficult still is admitting to the impossibility of getting everything absolutely right. The more you do, the more the chances of something going sideways is, but I am trying to keep it all together on my end. I can only imagine what it is like for MadTitan and all those who are contributing (in a big or small way) to making this year's show a success. Keep on truckin' folks.

I think that there will be alot of cool games to play and look at, lots of parts and vendors doing some good business in Ottawa this year.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

shane
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby shane » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:24 pm

Saw a fellow pinhead at Timmy's on my break downtown Ottawa today,smiled, said hello. Talked about the show quickly. Got me excited for next weekend.

Then I gets me a text from another pinhead after work confirming some pinshow related stuff.
Got me stoked!!

There are only 2 weekends a year when I tells the wife and family they're on their own, THIS is one of them .
"Yippee kai ai mofo"!!!! ( B. Willis. )

Living in rural Ontario I've only one other local collector/hoarder/pinhead who understands what pinball is, really is, to some.

When I get to a pin show twice a year, almost everyone understands ...........

And that makes me feel very good" ( S. Kordek).

9 sleeps...........

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:47 pm

shane wrote:
9 sleeps...........

Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

shane
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby shane » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:01 am

Sparky wrote:
shane wrote:
9 sleeps...........

8 SLEEPS NOW! :mrgreen:
MY TINNITUS IS SOOO BAD I SLEEP WITH SABBATH OR MOTORHEAD IN THE BACKGROUND! :FP:

WHAT!!?
( Said the dude who refuses to get hearing aids at 45 years old)

If no one told you today that they love ya Sparky,,,,,
Well I love ya! :P
See you next weekend.

megadeth1977
MAACA Buck

Postby megadeth1977 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:23 pm

Not certain if this is the right place to ask but will prices be CLEARLY posted on the pins that are for sale this year? I personally find it a pain in the butt trying to find the owner to ask and secondly question why prices are not posted for all to see? Just my 2 cents.
Pins:Freddy's Nightmare On Elm Street, Waterworld, Metallica Pro LED NIB,

Arcades:Neo Geo 1-slot, Playchoice -10 dual monitor with gun, Multi-cade cocktail, Mega-touch,

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Guard » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:31 pm

I agree....but not just the ones for sale, the ones that AREN'T for sale also. I remember some had MAACA cards on them that told you exactly what the owner was doing.
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Buccaneer/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Flip Flop/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/ Pat Hand /Strange Science/Card Whiz/ Genesis/Jolly Roger / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/Bronco
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

MadTitan
MAACA Millennial

Postby MadTitan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:37 pm

megadeth1977 wrote:Not certain if this is the right place to ask but will prices be CLEARLY posted on the pins that are for sale this year? I personally find it a pain in the butt trying to find the owner to ask and secondly question why prices are not posted for all to see? Just my 2 cents.

Each year I provide registration cards and even go as far as leaving one on every game at the end of the set up day. Typically, if there isnt a sign on it, it isnt for sale.....

I will once again be leaving registration cards on all of the games and hope for the best. Another thing we will try is to leave a list of everything for sale and the owners contact info with Vero at the box office. Beyond that I dunno....

poolman
MAACA Buck

Postby poolman » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:52 am

I have pinball shirts dating back 10 years and I will be wearing some retro ones at my booth when I come down. I even have a glow-in-the-dark Big Bang Bar shirt still. I got to get me one of those shirts
IJ
AFM
CC
MM
NGG
STARPOOL
and a collection of crap that get bigger by the day

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:40 am

Well, the usual inevitable shit is happening again. My wife has gotten second thoughts about going to Ottawa and not so pleased that I would be playing all weekend, so I had to cancel the hotel room. Second, my work booked me a training class (a class I have to teach and prepare for) for Monday the 23rd. So, I will merely be dropping off games on Friday and picking them up on Sunday. No show for me again this year due to my life being a natural disaster. lol

Centigrade 37 will be there for the tournament. I will see for Genesis but it is not looking good for that one now. And I will have Cait's parts, as well as the Major Havoc there for pick up (thanks to Heisenberg).

Sorry guys. My life is a shit show with little free time anymore.

tom_454
MAACA Half-ling

Postby tom_454 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:58 am

Hey Josh & organizers & vendors,

if you are in need of additional help to set-up this Friday evening I can be available after 5pm until midnight. Let me know (by responding here or by sending me a PM), otherwise I guess I will see everyone Saturday morning.

Looking forward to the show.

Cheers,
Tom.
Pinball Rocks!
277 old posts - member since August 2007.

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:48 am

Oy vay.

Ok, all fixed with my wife. And I will bust ass this week and get the training done. Jesus what a pain. Lol

I will bring C37. Genesis may be left out.

Azatotht
Admins

Postby Azatotht » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:56 am

Sparky wrote:Oy vay.

Ok, all fixed with my wife. And I will bust ass this week and get the training done. Jesus what a pain. Lol

I will bring C37. Genesis may be left out.

:sm
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:03 pm

ain't no ethic like a Sparky work ethic because a Sparky work ethic don't quit
PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers
COUNTERTOP: 1907 Mills Little Dream Baseball, 1933 Poolette, Bradmatic Ballwin De Luxe, 1937 Genco Junior, 1934 Gottlieb Merry-Go-Round, 1933 Exhibit Supply Select-Em, 2004 Apollo 1 Arepachi (CRアレパチ アポロ1号), 2016 Thunder Dragon Z (CRサンダードラゴンZ), 1932 Gottlieb Cloverleaf, 1964 Wulff Rialto, 2015 Ranma 1/2 (CRA羽根らんま1/2R), Sammy Miracle Hustler Arrangeball, Glory Ball Deluxe (out for repair), スマートボール (Smart Ball) (lent), 1934 PAMCO Contact Master, 1936 Bally Challenger (lent), 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series (out for restoration), 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Cannon Fire, 1934 Fleet, 1935 Impact, 1935 Spot-Lite
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Cosmic Avenger, Varkon, Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship)
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

MadTitan
MAACA Millennial

Postby MadTitan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:39 am

tom_454 wrote:Hey Josh & organizers & vendors,

if you are in need of additional help to set-up this Friday evening I can be available after 5pm until midnight. Let me know (by responding here or by sending me a PM), otherwise I guess I will see everyone Saturday morning.

Looking forward to the show.

Cheers,
Tom.

Hey tom,

If you're willing to come by we could always use some extra help.

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Guard » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:17 pm

Bluenote and Hit The Deck are all packed up and ready for tomorrows 04:30 get through Toronto early departure.
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Return to “Events”