Final Results: Craig's Covid Slap Fest

Pinball and arcade related events and tournaments
tom_454
MAACA Millennial
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Pinballers Presents: “Craig's Covid Slap Fest" - August 25th to 30th

Post by tom_454 »

Looks like a fun event. I was camping in Algonquin park for almost a week and just got back. No pinball (no cell service so no screens of any kind) but I had a real fire without the fire department. Gonna smell wood smoke for weeks.

Thanks for keeping the scene alive everyone!
Pinball Rocks!
277 old posts - member since August 2007.

semicolin
MAACA Half-ling
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by semicolin »

I'm putting up a 40' antenna tower in the next few days in my Kanata back yard. Fully legal and below the permit requirement, but I'm sure I'll have a visit from the bylaw squad anyway.

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 14 times

Post by mrmikeman »

So what’s going on?
Playoff or not?

Final ranking if not?

My first tournament. Just curious to see how things work!
Current Lineup:

PINS:
Medieval Madness Royal Edition - Mods: Merlin, Troll lighting
Stern Jurassic Park LE - Pinstadiums, Stern topper, stern amber shooter, mods: signs, watch tower, raptor pen, T-rex fence, pteranodon, and a few more
Wizard of Oz ECLE - Mods: Pinstadiums, witch, tornado, castle, crystal ball, emerald city, flaming pots, hot air balloon lighting
Star Trek the Next Generation - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board & speakers, full LED, LED&GI OCD, custom topper, ColorDMD
Doctor Who - Alt Translite, moving Dalek(real one - not the cheap servo mod), new decals, new ramps, pinblades, full LED, Pinsound & shaker, LED&GI OCD, ColorDMD
Revenge from Mars(+SWEP1 pf) - Running RFM custom code v2.23 on Nucore, Mods: saucer LEDs, 6-ball trough, knocker, shaker. SWEP1 is original

Looking for:
Willy Wonka
Stern SW Prem/LE
LOTR

JUKES
Rock-Ola 446 - Up and running. Listed on Kijiji/FB.
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel.

Gone but not forgotten
So many... Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

Craig
MAACA Buck
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Craig »

Hi all!

One more small group coming over Monday night to compete.

No playoffs, we will use qualifying results to award prizes for Main Division, Woman’s Division and B Division (IFPA 2000+)

We will post final standings Monday night.

Craig
Bally: Paragon, Harlem Globetrotters, Skateball, Fathom, Eight Ball Deluxe,
Classic Stern: Dracula, Big Game, Nine Ball, Seawitch, Flight 2000, Freefall
Williams: Space Shuttle, 1/2 F-14 Tomcat
Gottlieb: Volley, Count Down
Stern: Metallica Premium, Iron Maiden Premium, Stranger Things Pro

Wanted: larger basement

Craig
MAACA Buck
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Craig »

Final results can be found here:

https://matchplay.live/slapfest20
Attachments
Craig's Covid Slapfest Final Results.jpeg
Bally: Paragon, Harlem Globetrotters, Skateball, Fathom, Eight Ball Deluxe,
Classic Stern: Dracula, Big Game, Nine Ball, Seawitch, Flight 2000, Freefall
Williams: Space Shuttle, 1/2 F-14 Tomcat
Gottlieb: Volley, Count Down
Stern: Metallica Premium, Iron Maiden Premium, Stranger Things Pro

Wanted: larger basement

World_of_Warships
MAACA QuarterPounder
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Final Results: Craig's Covid Slap Fest

Post by World_of_Warships »

Many, many thanks for a great time! We were actually very happy just driving there (we haven't had many activities outside, because of you know what!), it was fun to meet you and play those games in such a relaxed, safe, setting. Thanks Craig for having us, and Brett for being a kind and attentive referee, lol!

(P.s. Seawitch, man, she is a witch! Who knew you could have three balls hit the middle, one after another! Tough game! And that Countdown.. wow.. even harder!! :D )

Sparky
MAACA OG
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Sparky »

Awesome time!!! And I really enjoyed F14!!
Patron saint of lost pinball causes.

Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

World_of_Warships
MAACA QuarterPounder

Sparky wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:53 pm
Very fun game and sounds, but that left lane kept shooting back fireballs!! Lol
20200901_081542.jpg

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko

Post by mrmikeman »

Sparky wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:53 pm
And for me F-14 is the one I truly disliked lol. Couldn't do anything right on that game. Played maybe 6-8 games on it (practise & tournament) and never even managed to start the damn multiball once. My dad had that game for about 10 years and I used to kick ass on it. Frustrating to get my ass handed to me by a system 11.. lol.
Current Lineup:

PINS:
Stern Jurassic Park LE - Pinstadiums, Stern topper, stern amber shooter, mods: signs, watch tower, raptor pen, T-rex fence, pteranodon, and a few more
Wizard of Oz ECLE - Mods: Pinstadiums, witch, tornado, castle, crystal ball, emerald city, flaming pots, hot air balloon lighting
Star Trek the Next Generation - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board & speakers, full LED, LED&GI OCD, custom topper, ColorDMD
Doctor Who - Alt Translite, moving Dalek(real one - not the cheap servo mod), new decals, new ramps, pinblades, full LED, Pinsound & shaker, LED&GI OCD, ColorDMD
Revenge from Mars(+SWEP1 pf) - Running RFM custom code v2.23 on Nucore, Mods: saucer LEDs, 6-ball trough, knocker, shaker. SWEP1 is original

Looking for:
Willy Wonka
Stern SW Prem/LE
LOTR

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel.

Gone but not forgotten
So many... Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

cait001
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by cait001 »

that was the best F14-Tomcat I've ever played, out of maybe 8 different ones I've tried.
Count-Down was fun and also hilarious and frustrating. There's a pop bumper in the center AND a post between the flippers, and somehow everyone was still managing to plunge SDTM house balls!

I heard lots of people not that into the new TMNT but it seemed like a dynamite machine! I love the training shot under the upper left flipper. Seems very similar otherwise to Jurassic Park.

Stranger Things was a pleasure. I love center drops like that, and any complaints seem to have been squelched by the code updates. Great theme integration for ST and TMNT.
WANTED: 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko

Post by mrmikeman »

cait001 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:42 am
that was the best F14-Tomcat I've ever played, out of maybe 8 different ones I've tried.
Count-Down was fun and also hilarious and frustrating. There's a pop bumper in the center AND a post between the flippers, and somehow everyone was still managing to plunge SDTM house balls!

I heard lots of people not that into the new TMNT but it seemed like a dynamite machine! I love the training shot under the upper left flipper. Seems very similar otherwise to Jurassic Park.

Stranger Things was a pleasure. I love center drops like that, and any complaints seem to have been squelched by the code updates. Great theme integration for ST and TMNT.
I found TMNT to be.... meh.. Too cluttered for my taste. However I find those under flipper shots interesting. There's one on WOZ too and it's really hard to get - super tight shot.

I found ST to be awesome. Theme integration and creepiness was so good. I am looking for a prem now. Still not on full code yet anyway.

Playing Seawitch and Countdown (which I have owned previously) confirmed that I'm no longer into the older SS games. There has to be a story line, something to do. A mission, a task, whatever. Just running the score for no reason doesn't resonate with me. They are fun but after a few games I'm done and want MORE fun. lol. The visuals I don't care as much since I rarely look up at the screen but the sound is super important for me. It's the hook. I guess that's why the beep-boop-beep of the older SS is a letdown for me. All my games are cranked way up and hooked up to external 12" subs. I have to feel it in my soul damn it. lol

I really like games that are so deep I may never get to the end. Keeps me coming back. I'm afraid to play my MM now that I made it to BFTK twice in a week. I haven't finished it successfully but once I do... What else is there... Try to finish twice in a game?? woop-dee-do.. lol I make it to Final Frontier somewhat regularly on STTNG and 've made it to Final Frontier twice in one game on a few occasions. It gets very little play now. Nothing new to see...
Current Lineup:

PINS:

Looking for:
Willy Wonka
Stern SW Prem/LE
LOTR

JUKES

Gone but not forgotten

cait001
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by cait001 »

mrmikeman wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:12 am
I really like games that are so deep I may never get to the end. Keeps me coming back. I'm afraid to play my MM now that I made it to BFTK twice in a week. I haven't finished it successfully but once I do... What else is there... Try to finish twice in a game?? woop-dee-do.. lol I make it to Final Frontier somewhat regularly on STTNG and 've made it to Final Frontier twice in one game on a few occasions. It gets very little play now. Nothing new to see...
These are all great points. The 90s games are amazing fun, but are we ever going to see their popularity drop as we all get used to the modern era of machines?
Monster Bast, Medieval Madness, Attack From Mars, Star Trek The Next Generation: All undisputed classics. But a modern game with that level of gameplay would get panned.

You see some collectors that have moved past 20th century machines entirely.
I one day want to own one of the MM / AFM / MB remakes, but who knows how long they'll last in lineups. If Chicago Coin could eventually 2.0 rulesets for those games, they would sell for an even longer time.
The editions with the extra large screens are just incredible.
WANTED: 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

World_of_Warships
MAACA QuarterPounder

Stranger Things Premium with those projections is a beautiful game! You were right! I'm glad I got to play all of the pins, even the 'classics' (is it ok if I call them that way? Lol) Seawitch and the others were actually fun, you just play it, no missions, etc.
Instant satisfaction or get burned instantly! But, yeah, I need something a bit deeper I can get involved with, including the theme, music, etc. All the games were in great shape btw, beautiful objects! I never got to see F14 fully lighted up, other than Stanger Things and TMNT, it was my favorite.

Oh, I also got to play Skateball - that was a sweet, fun game. Way less difficult than the others, so quite fun to play! Hey, so I did play 6 new games! Fantastic!!!

World_of_Warships
MAACA QuarterPounder

And, yes, my gf kicked my butt! As expected, she gets more playtime with Hulky and Alec (Shadow)!

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko

Post by mrmikeman »

mrmikeman wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:12 am
Well I played ONE game today on MM. Almost got to the end (BFTK) TWICE in the same game lol. But when I got it the first time I did I failed at defeating the king.. yet again.. There is still one last accomplishment that eludes me..
Current Lineup:

PINS:

Looking for:
Willy Wonka
Stern SW Prem/LE
LOTR

JUKES

Gone but not forgotten

Return to “Events”