Hawkesbury Flea Fair June 1-2, 2019 - Official Thread

Pinball and arcade related events and tournaments
Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Re: Hawkesbury Flea Fair 2019 - Official Thread

Postby Chris Silver » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:29 pm

R.A.B. wrote:
geester wrote:Centaur will probably join in, once you give it your seal of approval Chris ;)

Yes !!

I would like to check out the swap and the sap soon as well Geester.

If it turned out half as nice as the Medusa Dan and yourself did it will be a beauty. 8-)
Pins: Punk!, Centaur II, Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania
Vids: Double Dragon 619-1
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco
WTB: Black Knight, Spirit, Fathom, Split Second, Nine Ball, Medusa
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

Bob
MAACA Newb

Postby Bob » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:21 pm

Bob 1pin

nostalgiaqc
MAACA Half-ling

Postby nostalgiaqc » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:35 pm

+1 pin
+1 bar top street fighter 2

NavyGirl71
MAACA Silent Type

Postby NavyGirl71 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:50 am

I am hoping to make a trip this way from Halifax. I am still waiting to see if there will be a CNPO. I am willing to help if I make the trip.
I'll continue to watch this thread to see updates. :D

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:09 pm

So my Sure Shot is gone. Any requests on what to bring from the COUNTERTOP portion of my signature?
PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
COUNTERTOP: 1933 Exhibit Supply Select-Em, 2004 Apollo 1 Arepachi (CRアレパチ アポロ1号), 2016 Thunder Dragon Z (CRサンダードラゴンZ), 1932 Gottlieb Cloverleaf, 1964 Wulff Rialto (out for repair), 2015 Ranma 1/2 (CRA羽根らんま1/2R), Sammy Miracle Hustler Arrangeball, Glory Ball Deluxe (out for repair), スマートボール (Smart Ball) (lent), 1934 PAMCO Contact Master, 1936 Bally Challenger (lent), 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series (out for restoration), 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Cannon Fire, 1934 Fleet, 1935 Impact, 1935 Spot-Lite
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Cosmic Avenger, Varkon, Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship)
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

Dave W.
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Dave W. » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:43 pm

cait001 wrote:So my Sure Shot is gone. Any requests on what to bring from the COUNTERTOP portion of my signature?

WMS No Good Gofers.... I know, it's not in your countertop section... but it would be awesome! :D

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Postby Chris Silver » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:07 pm

Dave W. wrote:
cait001 wrote:So my Sure Shot is gone. Any requests on what to bring from the COUNTERTOP portion of my signature?

WMS No Good Gofers.... I know, it's not in your countertop section... but it would be awesome! :D

Understandably her stairway is insane. It would take a few beers to get it out.

I’ll be making an update post in the morning.
Pins: Punk!, Centaur II, Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:11 pm

yeah NGG is only leaving when it's finally time to say goodbye, and there's not a long list of things I'd trade it for. :)
It's one of those games I remove the backbox, remove the playfield, get the parts up, reassemble it upstairs... it's a production.
PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
COUNTERTOP: 1933 Exhibit Supply Select-Em, 2004 Apollo 1 Arepachi (CRアレパチ アポロ1号), 2016 Thunder Dragon Z (CRサンダードラゴンZ), 1932 Gottlieb Cloverleaf, 1964 Wulff Rialto (out for repair), 2015 Ranma 1/2 (CRA羽根らんま1/2R), Sammy Miracle Hustler Arrangeball, Glory Ball Deluxe (out for repair), スマートボール (Smart Ball) (lent), 1934 PAMCO Contact Master, 1936 Bally Challenger (lent), 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series (out for restoration), 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Cannon Fire, 1934 Fleet, 1935 Impact, 1935 Spot-Lite
marquees wanted: Cosmic Avenger, Varkon, Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship)

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Postby Chris Silver » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:07 am

Good morning everyone and as promised I am officially launching this thread Easter weekend as always. I am super stoked with all of the enthusiasm pouring in on and offsite from so many friends and energized newbies.

From back during the conception of the Hawkesbury Flea Fair, I have always been nervous and stressed knowing people would be travelling to this event. I’ve worried that their efforts would leave them wanting, but every year you guys pull through and make your event a rocking success. As always, we’re seeing the pilgrimage from Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto and all points in between. We’ve seen people from Vermont and Woodstock Ontario. Navygirl71 is looking for a good excuse to fly in from Halifax again and I’m sure you will provide.

I’d like to get the gears turning and start seeing some more names and games committed to the event. The Church of the Silver Ball confirmed and knowing that guarantees a truckload of pinball candy and good conversation.

A quick reminder – The Hawkesbury Flea Fair has been and will always remain a free event by the collectors for the collectors. Everyone and every arcade related business is welcome to sell any arcade related items free of charge and promote their business to their full extent. This is my gift to you so lets rev this up, get the motivation flowing and start writing things in stone. We have a party to plan.

Heisenberg
MAACA Buck

Postby Heisenberg » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:28 pm

+1 pin
"I am the one who knocks"

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:15 pm

what about having a "giveaway" table where we can all bring our old parts and tools we don't want/need any more and just want them to go to someone who might use them?
We could all just empty out the surplus in our workshops that we don't want to even bother selling, but just want it to have a new home.

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Postby Chris Silver » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:52 pm

cait001 wrote:what about having a "giveaway" table where we can all bring our old parts and tools we don't want/need any more and just want them to go to someone who might use them?
We could all just empty out the surplus in our workshops that we don't want to even bother selling, but just want it to have a new home.

Great idea! Consider it done. 8-)

I just gave a belly shooter ride away tonight to a bike store in town that has a Bow and Arrow. Somebody somehow stole the head.

Edit: Bally shooter rod. :lol:
Last edited by Chris Silver on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

nostalgiaqc
MAACA Half-ling

Postby nostalgiaqc » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:48 am

Cayt thats an awesome idea.about the Give away table !
By the way my mobile street fighter tournement project is moving along.
Cheerz
Yan
Attachments
20190420_095947.jpg

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Postby R.A.B. » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:30 am

Chris Silver wrote:
cait001 wrote:what about having a "giveaway" table where we can all bring our old parts and tools we don't want/need any more and just want them to go to someone who might use them?

I just gave a belly shooter ride away tonight to a bike store in town that has a Bow and Arrow. Somebody somehow stole the head.

I really want to know what a "belly shooter ride " looks like, maybe a part number or a picture on this Easter morning would make my day Chris. Please edify my parts soul.

Hugs,
Rob
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

Dave W.
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Dave W. » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:57 am

nostalgiaqc wrote:Cayt thats an awesome idea.about the Give away table !
Cheerz
Yan

Very cool Yan!
Are you going to put a genuine SF PCB or use emulated software as the brains?

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Postby Chris Silver » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:07 am

R.A.B. wrote:
Chris Silver wrote:

I really want to know what a "belly shooter ride " looks like, maybe a part number or a picture on this Easter morning would make my day Chris. Please edify my parts soul.

Hugs,
Rob

LOL. That’s a classic example of auto correct gone wrong. Bally shooter rod.

I wrote that at a very odd hour and should’ve checked. :lol:

Dave W.
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Dave W. » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:06 am

Good idea... I'll bring a box of stuff, for sure.
I've got push buttons, joystick bases and a lot of other junk that someone might find useful.

Will fill it by the time the flea fair comes around
20190421_122057.jpg

nostalgiaqc
MAACA Half-ling

Postby nostalgiaqc » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:25 pm

Dave W. wrote:
nostalgiaqc wrote:Cayt thats an awesome idea.about the Give away table !
Cheerz
Yan

Very cool Yan!
Are you going to put a genuine SF PCB or use emulated software as the brains?

Yep i have an original cps1 street fighter 2 champion edition board and eventually might put a jamma switcher to have other games...
The Cab is getting clearcoated this week.
To be continued...

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:40 am

Dave W. wrote:

Good idea... I'll bring a box of stuff, for sure.
I've got push buttons, joystick bases and a lot of other junk that someone might find useful.

Will fill it by the time the flea fair comes around 20190421_122057.jpg

So far my pile is a bunch of extra large circuit board bags, melamine sponges, random transistors, springs, flipper parts, switches, etc etc etc
Going to go through my tool boxes and see what kind of doubles or triples I don't need anymore...

going to grab that red clicky button for my daughter. :)

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:08 pm

BTW I will be bringing copies of Coin Op Carnival to Hawkesbury. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=25180
They are $20 each and I only have 7 copies remaining.
Dr. Nybble and semicolin each have an issue reserved.

EDIT: only 4 copies remaining

NavyGirl71
MAACA Silent Type

Postby NavyGirl71 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:14 pm

Has anyone decided to plan a tournament? That is my motivator to drive from Halifax!

WARLOCK
MAACA Wacko

Postby WARLOCK » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:03 pm

Yes. Bluffs Pinball crew and in particular (Blufferella - women's league @ Bluffs) would like to organize and run a tournament at Hawkesbury Flea Fair 2019.
We will be discussing it tomorrow night at League (Bluffs is every Thursday forever) and I will be texting Chris Silver with what the plan will be over the weekend.

Others on the forum here have offered assistance to run the tournament by volunteering to help with scoring etc., and providing games and all help will be appreciated and will be welcome and necessary as a team to make it all possible.
Will post updates early next week with details so people can have a month notice to plan their travel. IFPA request will be submitted prior to May 1st as well as that process requires 30 days notice for IFPA points for a June 1st tournament.

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:23 pm

My presence is now unsure. Scheduling is always difficult for me. I may be heading for Amqui to give a class and havevto prepare for it.

Worst case, I will drop off pins and pick them up after the show.
Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

WARLOCK
MAACA Wacko

Postby WARLOCK » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:43 pm

I will transport in your stead bro.
I can't ever replace you my brother.
But I can move things around in your absence.
Bluffs (Blufferella) crew is all over this tournament endeavor.

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Postby R.A.B. » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:41 am

Looks like ChrisSilver's Hawksbury bowling alley pow wow is coming together nicely. I am looking forward to staying the weekend, having fun and seeing the gang.

I will only be doing pre-orders for parts from the Alouette desk this year, so you can call me 514-342-9111 Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays for what you may need as far as new parts and/or oddities are concerned and I will bring the orders with me saving you the transport. If you decide to take advantage of this, please have a part number and/or a damn good description of what it is you are looking for, makes for happy times.

Ex: For leg bolts, you don't need a part number, just say "leg bolts" and I will answer 4322-01125-40 and we will get along just fine. Just tell me how many you need, it usually takes 8 per machine. :lol:

And if you say A-5141 I will say flipper coil for lots of em Gottliebs, and do you want the sleeve that goes with it ? Then you will have to come up with the part number. Just kidding, but you see, this is a fun game. :lol:

Rob
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

Return to “Events”