2019 Ottawa Pinball Show

Pinball and arcade related events and tournaments
Honey Badger
MAACA Wacko

Re: 2019 Ottawa Pinball Show

Postby Honey Badger » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:32 am

MadTitan wrote:that way people dont roast me about black shirts all the time.

What kind of ass would do that? :o
WTB: Cyclopes, Split Second, Flight 2000, Warlok, BMX, Alien Star, Stern Iron Maiden SS, Vampire, Superman

Fifty
MAACA Chatterbox

Postby Fifty » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:38 pm

MadTitan wrote:This year we will have a live T-shirt booth so you can pick the design, shirt style, colour and size and itll be made on the spot. that way people dont roast me about black shirts all the time.

so ya, whatever you want!

Very cool! I should have thought of this! I could have put you in touch with an old buddy of mine at JD Sportsline. Looking forward to this!

Xylog
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Xylog » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:09 am

News of this event pleases me. :)
Flash Gordon,Vector,Pinbot,Kick Off, Mr. & Mrs. Pacman
RollerGames,Black Knight,Black Knight 2000,Atlantis (Bally)
Civic Center,Jungle Lord,Granny & The Gators, Expressway
Derby Day, Flash Baseball
LF: Bigger House

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Postby OTTOgd » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:32 am

MadTitan wrote:This year we will have a live T-shirt booth so you can pick the design, shirt style, colour and size and itll be made on the spot. that way people dont roast me about black shirts all the time.

so ya, whatever you want!

Awesome!

frolic
MAACA Silent Type

Postby frolic » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:54 pm

Congrats on picking up the pieces of last year and carrying on. I unfortunately have a conference that same weekend and will be unable to attend but wish you the best and look forward to the reports and pics.

Murphelman
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Murphelman » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:37 am

Is there going to be a tournament again this year?

Happy to lend a game for the tournament if there is one. If not I can bring one for free play.

Looking forward to it.
Own
Stern: Black Knight: SoR, Iron Maiden, Deadpool, ACDC, Walking Dead, Jurassic Park
Bally/Williams: Shadow (out on trade), Twilight Zone, HS2: Getaway
Data East: Nothing
Gottlieb: Genie
Bally: Future Spa
Williams: Laser Ball, Fire!

Wishlist
Baywatch, Transformers, X-Men, Stern Star Trek, Paragon, Metallica, GnR, GoT
:mrgreen:

tombiosis
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby tombiosis » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:12 pm

Murphelman wrote:Is there going to be a tournament again this year?

Happy to lend a game for the tournament if there is one. If not I can bring one for free play.

Looking forward to it.

Ya! Let’s get a game list going here...
Who’s bringing what? What’s for sale?
Tourney details etc
Pins: 8BDlx, Frontier, Big Buck Hunter, Firepower, Fish Tales, Sure Shot, Iron Maiden Pro.
Gone but not forgotten: 6M$M, Sorcerer, WPT, Elvis, Centaur II.

WTB: Fathom, TSPP, BSD, GOT.

Quit talking and start chalking!

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Guard » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:54 pm

Probably too early for a game list.....having said that I'll be bringing Hit The Deck for sure.
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Buccaneer/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Flip Flop/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/ Pat Hand /Strange Science/Card Whiz/ Genesis/Jolly Roger / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/Bronco
Projects- Jacks Open /Stratoflite/ Tri Zone
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Guard » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:57 am

Jason, a guy from Montreal, Robert Surprenant, is trying to FB message you about renting a table.
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Buccaneer/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Flip Flop/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/ Pat Hand /Strange Science/Card Whiz/ Genesis/Jolly Roger / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/Bronco
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

icanswim70
MAACA Silent Type

Postby icanswim70 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:49 pm

CANT WAIT!!!

Murphelman
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Murphelman » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:34 am

Bringing Future Spa and/or Eightball Champ if it is not gone before the show.
Own
Stern: Black Knight: SoR, Iron Maiden, Deadpool, ACDC, Walking Dead, Jurassic Park
Bally/Williams: Shadow (out on trade), Twilight Zone, HS2: Getaway
Data East: Nothing
Gottlieb: Genie
Bally: Future Spa
Williams: Laser Ball, Fire!

Wishlist
Baywatch, Transformers, X-Men, Stern Star Trek, Paragon, Metallica, GnR, GoT
:mrgreen:

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:17 am

if any of y'all are on pinside be sure to give some hyper to this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic ... -sep-21-22
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), pajatso/payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Cannon Fire, 1934 Fleet, 1935 Impact, 1935 Spot-Lite, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines, 1951 Universal 5 Star
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight, Star-Jet
marquees wanted: Cosmic Avenger, Varkon, Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum
collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

poolman
MAACA Buck

Postby poolman » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:35 am

I am going to be downsizing in about another eight months. I have a lot of Nos and used parts that I need to get rid of like coin doors cabinet parts ramps translates etc
Should I post them in batches in the use pinball Parts category or should I come to Ottawa as a vendor. Some people know me for restoring games for the last 12 years and I always have a lot of interesting things collectibles. Who would I get ahold of to be a vendor at that Ottawa show?
IJ
AFM
CC
MM
NGG
STARPOOL
and a collection of crap that get bigger by the day

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:03 pm

poolman wrote:I am going to be downsizing in about another eight months. I have a lot of Nos and used parts that I need to get rid of like coin doors cabinet parts ramps translates etc
Should I post them in batches in the use pinball Parts category or should I come to Ottawa as a vendor. Some people know me for restoring games for the last 12 years and I always have a lot of interesting things collectibles. Who would I get ahold of to be a vendor at that Ottawa show?

Definitely bring it all to the show! There is not a faster way to free yourself of unneeded parts than setting up a vendor table. I remember at the last big Hawkesbury show the stock in the vendor area shrunk by 50% in the first few hours.
Get in touch with Josh, MadTitan on here.
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), pajatso/payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Cannon Fire, 1934 Fleet, 1935 Impact, 1935 Spot-Lite, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines, 1951 Universal 5 Star
marquees wanted: Cosmic Avenger, Varkon, Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum
collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:23 pm

alright.jpg
alright.jpg (11.46 KiB) Viewed 518 times

I convinced my wife to have a mini-vacation for the weekend of the show. So, I booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn near the airport for Friday night and Saturday night.

Soooooo.... that means that I can rent a trailer and bring more games, since I will not be doing multiple round trips.

Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Guard » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:19 am

Hey folks, just like Cait did on Pinside, if you have other forums you belong to spread the word. Ottawa is full of civil servants, hopefully I'll get a few military folks.
https://army.ca/forums/index.php/topic, ... msg1581957
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:00 am

Guard wrote:Hey folks, just like Cait did on Pinside, if you have other forums you belong to spread the word. Ottawa is full of civil servants, hopefully I'll get a few military folks.
https://army.ca/forums/index.php/topic, ... msg1581957

semicolin also posted it to r/ottawa on reddit. But yeah given the demographics of Ottawa, you just know it's filled with tonnes of people that wish they knew about this event.

pharoah007
MAACA Wacko

Postby pharoah007 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:05 pm

poolman wrote:I am going to be downsizing in about another eight months. I have a lot of Nos and used parts that I need to get rid of like coin doors cabinet parts ramps translates etc

He lives!!

Any chance you got a LAH translate for me?
"I am content sitting on my lawnchair, watching the trainwrecks happen right in front of me. I can't save the world anymore."
-Sparky

"I don't give a Fvck"
- Honey Badger

"Bag of bananas for a buck"
- Allentown produce Nazi

" The Honey Badger wants some bananas"
- Woody

"Balsamic please"
- Best thing I ever heard at Steak n' Shakes

I am with us.

tombiosis
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby tombiosis » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:40 pm

Get ahold of Mad Titan...(Josh) the OP of this thread.
Pins: 8BDlx, Frontier, Big Buck Hunter, Firepower, Fish Tales, Sure Shot, Iron Maiden Pro.
Gone but not forgotten: 6M$M, Sorcerer, WPT, Elvis, Centaur II.

WTB: Fathom, TSPP, BSD, GOT.

Quit talking and start chalking!

PizzaDude
MAACA Silent Type

Postby PizzaDude » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:17 pm

If anyone is interested.. I should be bringing my Virtual Pinball to the show.. ( if I can figure out how to get the header off !! )

Unlike most Virtual Pinball tables, there is little to no flipper lag and Full force feedback ( full Sound feedback, contactors, solenoids and shaker motor.... It feels like your playing a real pin..

Below is a preview of some of the tables...

Preview of Tales of the Arabian Knight
https://youtu.be/DUtZvnbPOvs

Preview of Ghostbusters LE VPx with Green Colour DMD
https://youtu.be/H_VsuGNusmE

Preview of High Speed II The Getaway VPx With Colour DMD
https://youtu.be/iBV8OSvGcF0

Preview of Medieval Madness VPx with Colour DMD
https://youtu.be/WpgdXHEFlOM

Preview of Family Guy VPx With Colour DMD
https://youtu.be/4ZpYz9BC3ec

MadTitan
MAACA Millennial

Postby MadTitan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:00 am

PizzaDude wrote:If anyone is interested.. I should be bringing my Virtual Pinball to the show.. ( if I can figure out how to get the header off !! )

If Pizzadude is who I think it is (chris?) the Vpin is decked out and is a great example of the potential of Virtual pinball!

MadTitan
MAACA Millennial

Postby MadTitan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:41 am

*UPDATE*

Here is the official vendor list for OPGS'19

Player 1 Amusements Group: Not sure what they're bringing, but it's safe to say it's going to be awesome and will sell!https://www.winwithp1ag.com

Poolman OCD Pinball: He's back. Known for high end pinball restorations, Poolman has confirmed he will be setting up shop at the show. Get there early because I'm sure his stuff will go fast!

Alouette Amusements: The Man, The Myth, The Legend R.A.B. with be representing Alouette Amusements / The North Star / Montreal Pinball / You name it, brother. Get in touch with Mr. Barake for pre-orders and likely a great and informative chat. https://www.alouetteamusement.com/

Glitch Artwork: T-Bone and Jillian Forest are not only competitive pinballers, they also make some of the greatest retro gaming artwork I have ever seen! Glitch Artwork have made most of the trophies for every tournament in recent years, the Bar display at Tilt Toronto, and are super rad people. I have many of their shadow boxes on my walls at home and someday will have them all! (muahahahahaha) https://glitchartwork.com/

Skoser Clothing: I grew up in South Porcupine Ontario, and 2 houses down was a dude named Paul. I've been close friends with this guy for 30 years, and anytime I need merch, I go with Skoser. Every OPGS since 2011 has had merch from Skoser Clothing. Billed as "Shirts for a cure" Paul has donated a sizable chunk of the proceeds for all orders to the Canadian Cancer Society. Having received a boatload of help from the cancer society over the past decade, I am 100% on board with this cause. Paul will be making shirts to order LIVE at this years show. You get a little bit of live theater, and you leave looking like a boss!

Colony VR: A local business that provides Vr space to rent, running the latest and greatest VR set-ups. They will be running VR experiences for all to enjoy, including VR Pinball. Pretty Rad! https://www.colonyvr.com/

Church of the Silver Ball: Mike and Co. will be bringing a whack of games and parts for sale. As always, their booth is worth a good looooong look!

Dirty Donny: Pinball artist extraordinaire, DD will be signing pinball artwork and will have all his books and blacklight posters available. He'll be there Saturday the 21st from 11am to 6pm. Don't forget your Metallica and Aerosmith translites!!!

Anyone looking to bring projects or parts for fleamarket sale, We are packed to the brim inside, but the parking lot is massive! anyone is welcome to set up shop outside if the weather is nice...... #notornadoes

PizzaDude
MAACA Silent Type

Postby PizzaDude » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:48 am

MadTitan wrote:
PizzaDude wrote:If anyone is interested.. I should be bringing my Virtual Pinball to the show.. ( if I can figure out how to get the header off !! )

If Pizzadude is who I think it is (chris?) the Vpin is decked out and is a great example of the potential of Virtual pinball!

Yeah, thats me. I forgot to call about the knocker though. It would have been nice to put one..

MadTitan
MAACA Millennial

Postby MadTitan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:53 am

PizzaDude wrote:
MadTitan wrote:

Yeah, thats me. I forgot to call about the knocker though. It would have been nice to put one..

If the wiring harness is there, we can install it on the spot, good sir.

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:22 am

A high-end VPin AND Colony VR with their VR Pinball? Hell yes!
That vendor list looks amazing. You best believe everyone is going to have all eyes on Poolman, Alouette and CotSB tables for parts scavenging.
And then Glitch, Skoser, and Dirty Donny rounding out the gameroom decorations and apparel is a nice touch.

Who knows what they'll bring, but if P1AG brings the new Jurassic Park or Willy Wonka I'm going to be so damn happy.

going to add this list to the pinside announcement post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic ... -sep-21-22

Return to “Events”