Re: 2019 Ottawa Pinball Show

Post by 76brian »

Aw you got hot sauce? I didn't get hot sauce :( lol

I did get a ton of pinball fun though!

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth

Post by Fifty »

I kept everything from my loot bag. I didn't even use the raffle tickets. t-shirt was a thing of beauty this year! I forgot to get a poster so if you could hold onto one for me I'll grab it from you later.

I couldn't make it back on Sunday as I caught a nasty cold which is still kicking my ass. My daughter was practically begging me to go too but I just couldn't. I felt like a neglectful parent.

Great job everyone. Standing ovation to you all. Special thanks to everyone that went out of their way to say hi to me. Chris, (and all) wish we could've talked a bit more.

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by Guard »

For those who asked, here is the Ebay link to my friend Mike Pages stuff that I had there. But get a hold of him personally on the Ontario Arcade And Pinball Collectors And Beyond Facebook page......you'll get much better deals.

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_s ... md=1&rt=nc
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Buccaneer/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Flip Flop/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/ Pat Hand /Strange Science/Card Whiz/ Genesis/Jolly Roger / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/Bronco/ Stern POTC
Projects- Jacks Open /Stratoflite/ Tri Zone/ Hang Glider
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

WANTED: 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1984 Taito Zeke's Peak, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by Guard »

Had one there....it went quick.

EDIT: sorry, I had the fridge magnet
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Buccaneer/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Flip Flop/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/ Pat Hand /Strange Science/Card Whiz/ Genesis/Jolly Roger / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/Bronco/ Stern POTC
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Jays
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by Jays »

We and the Friends Got an awesome time, we've talk more than we played, but I think that was the point for us coming at the show! My only downside was that the beer was too hot, I should have bring a better cooler. Josh and Geoff I will wait for the bills for taking advantage of Donny presence at the show, I can't thank enough for bringing such an artist back again in his hometown, I was like a groupie! Didn't have enough time to talk to everyone but we had a really great time.

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Post by R.A.B. »

Just Pictures for now, yet I do have so much to say. Still tired and recovering. Will not be at work tomorrow (wednesday). Back in the saddle on Friday for sure.

So for now I just want to say thank you to Josh and Geoff and ofcourse all who contributed in making this what it was, - simply the best show in Canada so far.

Let's keep it going.
OPGS2019-6.jpg
OPGS2019-17.jpg
OPGS2019-12.jpg
OPGS2019-2.jpg
OPGS2019-21.jpg
OPGS2019-18.jpg
OPGS2019-3.jpg
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

semicolin
MAACA Half-ling

Post by semicolin »

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

A+ videos, thank you!
WANTED: 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1984 Taito Zeke's Peak, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Post by OTTOgd »

Yeah, awesome videos!

shane
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by shane »

Great vids, thanks for posting.
Makes me miss it already.
Shane. "Just because I love pinball doesn't mean I'm any good".

pinhead
MAACA Wacko

Post by pinhead »

Great vids! Nice work Colin!
Ottawa pinball operator and game technician.
For sale video games, manuals, boards, ask what you need and I might be able to get it for you.

Ottawa pinball repair service is limited.

http://www.pinhead.ca/

Xylog
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by Xylog »

shane wrote:Awesome day!
Great weather.
Lots of smiling faces :D ,mine included.
Thank you to all who helped make it a great day.
That last picture is of my 80 year old Mom rockin' it out on Rollergames. Thank you so much for capturing it.

Geez, they're *still* trying to pull me out of the arcade after all these years... at least they can't ground me anymore! :)
Flash Gordon,Pinbot,Mr. & Mrs. Pacman,RollerGames,
Black Knight,Black Knight 2000,Atlantis(Bally),Civic Center,
Jungle Lord,Granny & The Gators, Expressway,Flash Baseball
Mousin' Around,Badcats
LF: Bigger House

dos-reboot
MAACA Silent Type

Post by dos-reboot »

I had a blast. Got to catch up with a lot of pinheads that I hadn't seen for a long time. Thanks to all who took the time to make it a success! I'll be back next year.

(For some reason my old account dos.reboot is no longer active)

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

has everyone marked their calendars for September 12th & 13th 2020 yet??? OPGS 2020 !!

Mad Titan announced dates when he did the VIP draw

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by Guard »

With more space!!!!
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Azatotht
Admins

Post by Azatotht »

dos-reboot wrote:(For some reason my old account dos.reboot is no longer active)
Hi, let me know what's wrong and I'll help you recover it.

Account is still active, what error are you getting ?

Send me a PM and I will fix it for you.
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko

Post by R.A.B. »

***IMPORTANT REQUEST***

My friend Chris Silver is a great guy, a little goofy on the sides, but I think most of us are. It is a good thing overall that we are that way, makes for colourful exchanges.

Chris lend me a populated playfield from a Gottlieb 1947 "Miss America" for a hands on historical seminar I did at North Star last month and he said I could have all the parts and mechanisms from its underside and he would take the board back and do some wall art.

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1610&picno=27812

I brought the thing to the Ottawa Pinball Show and Pindude152 stripped it of its parts while I worked the parts booth. But in my haste of packing everything up after the show, I stupidly left the board behind. Chris had already left the show before I did and someone must have picked it up as junk left behind.

Please contact me by PM if you have any knowledge of where Chris' playfield is, I feel pretty bad about it.

I checked with Josh, Cait and PIndude, and they do not have it. It was left near the tables to the left wall when you walk through the entrance, just behind the Alouette parts booth.

Please lmk.

Thanks,

Rob

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

shane
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by shane »

Xylog wrote:
shane wrote:Awesome day!
Great weather.
Lots of smiling faces :D ,mine included.
Thank you to all who helped make it a great day.
That last picture is of my 80 year old Mom rockin' it out on Rollergames. Thank you so much for capturing it.

Geez, they're *still* trying to pull me out of the arcade after all these years... at least they can't ground me anymore! :)
I figured it was your folks, I just happened to be playing jungle lord right beside you guys.
The thought occurred to me to snap that pic as she was playing. Looked like she was having a bunch of fun.
Shane. "Just because I love pinball doesn't mean I'm any good".

dos-reboot
MAACA Silent Type

Post by dos-reboot »

Azatotht wrote:
dos-reboot wrote:(For some reason my old account dos.reboot is no longer active)
Hi, let me know what's wrong and I'll help you recover it.

Account is still active, what error are you getting ?

Send me a PM and I will fix it for you.
PM sent

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko

Post by R.A.B. »

R.A.B. wrote:***IMPORTANT REQUEST***ONE MORE BUMP

My friend Chris Silver is a great guy, a little goofy on the sides, but I think most of us are. It is a good thing overall that we are that way, makes for colourful exchanges.

Chris lend me a populated playfield from a Gottlieb 1947 "Miss America" for a hands on historical seminar I did at North Star last month and he said I could have all the parts and mechanisms from its underside and he would take the board back and do some wall art.

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1610&picno=27812

I brought the thing to the Ottawa Pinball Show and Pindude152 stripped it of its parts while I worked the parts booth. But in my haste of packing everything up after the show, I stupidly left the board behind. Chris had already left the show before I did and someone must have picked it up as junk left behind.

Please contact me by PM if you have any knowledge of where Chris' playfield is, I feel pretty bad about it.

I checked with Josh, Cait and PIndude, and they do not have it. It was left near the tables to the left wall when you walk through the entrance, just behind the Alouette parts booth.

Please lmk.

Thanks,

Rob
If this bump doesn't lead to this old & lost piece of wood, then I will have to find a way to compensate Chris for my own negligence, and that is going to be tough. :FP:

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

was the hall maintennance staff asked? Maybe it got lost amongst the tables.

MadTitan
MAACA Millennial

Post by MadTitan »

cait001 wrote:was the hall maintennance staff asked? Maybe it got lost amongst the tables.

yes they were asked. I was out of there at 4am with all the tables put away etc. The staff turned up a few legs and a bagatelle stand but thats it. Someone would have had to grab it or it would have been there.

Return to “Events”