2019 Ottawa Pinball Show

Pinball and arcade related events and tournaments
Dave W.
MAACA QuarterPounder

Re: 2019 Ottawa Pinball Show

Postby Dave W. » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:28 pm

Just loaded my game in the truck and heading home soon.
Fun show! Thanks to everyone that brought games.... without you the show wouldn't be the same. Special shout out to the owners of Rollergames and Indiana Jones... great machines that played amazing!

76brian
MAACA Silent Type

Postby 76brian » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:17 pm

Fantastic event! My first one and it was much bigger than I expected. I can't imagine the massive effort it took to organize and set up. Played some great machines I've never played before and the historical exhibit was amazing.

Great job by everyone, thank you!

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko

Postby mrmikeman » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:10 pm

Really enjoyed it also. Next year I will try to bring something too. Thanks to everyone who helped organize this.

Cheers,
Current Lineup:

PINS
STTNG - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board & speakers, full LED, custom topper, ColorDMD.
Road Show - full LED.
Stern JP LE#449(HUO) - Pinstadiums, custom topper, bunch of mods (Mezelmod).
NIB MMrRE coming Q1 2020 :shock:

WANTED:
LOTR
SW Prem

JUKES
Rock-Ola 446 - Up and running and soon to be on Kijiji :D
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Project. I have it working mechanically but no sound yet. :?

Gone but not forgotten
So many... Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:56 pm

Guard wrote:If anyone knows the whereabouts of my 2 old Craftmans socket wrenches I would appreciate it.
They were my Father's. .....I'm kinda attached to them.

Saw them in the pinhistory section, if those were yours. When I got there this morning someone had put them in my toolbox but I pulled them out right away at 9AM.
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), pajatso/payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1935 Cannon Fire, 1934 Fleet, 1935 Impact, 1935 Spot-Lite, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines, 1951 Universal 5 Star
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight, Star-Jet
marquees wanted: Varkon, Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Tutankham
collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

sylvain
MAACA Wacko

Postby sylvain » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:51 pm

Sincere thanks again to the show organisers, numerous volunteers, parts sellers, and all who brought games again this year!
A lot of heart, thought/planning and efforts were put into this show to make it happen and make it so great.

It was fun to meet, see & talk with many people, including some whom I never had a chance to meet in person before (Dave Astill, poolman, etc.).
Even though I did not participate in the tourney, it appeared very well run too, great job everyone!

The historical booth was a great idea and very well executed. Kudos to cait001 and all who helped for this.

Thanks again everyone!
I already have to start planning which machine(s) I will fix and bring to the 2020 OPGS :)

Sincerely,
-Sylvain.
Looking for Bally Star-Jet, Capersville or The Wiggler, Williams Magic City, Grand Lizard, Swords of Fury, 1986 Pinstar Gamatron, and a few others.
Collecting & repairing electro-mechanical and solid state pinball machines with quality and care for over 35 years.
Serious and fun hobby, powerful nostalgia !

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:03 pm

sylvain wrote:I already have to start planning which machine(s) I will fix and bring to the 2020 OPGS :)

I've already started a list of all of the repairs I hope to make before 2020 OPGS ;)
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), pajatso/payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1935 Cannon Fire, 1934 Fleet, 1935 Impact, 1935 Spot-Lite, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines, 1951 Universal 5 Star
marquees wanted: Varkon, Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Tutankham
collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:16 pm

A 15-year dream fulfilled.

Quality time with my kids.

Time to reconnect with longtime friends and people I haven't spoken to in MUCH too long... Aims (and OMG his daughter that I haven't seen since she was in diapers LOL)... Mikeman... Dos Reboot (Gwen)... Jesus Murphy, I would have needed a week. I wanted to speak to everyone but was short on time... I feel guilty for it. The deal with my wife was to spend time with the family (of course, and she is 100% right). I travel so much for work, that BOTH my families don't see me much.

The pins were secondary to me. I was just soaking in the great vibes. We NEED events like these to recharge, reconnect, realign... and just have a fucking good time.

Josh and the gang are gods. Pure and simple.

And Robert... yes... I am smiling. And it's a great feeling. ;)

But, on the machine side? My top 5 (apart what I bought LOL)

- Excitebike... OMG... I was 13 in my cousin's basement playing until 2am again. LOL. My son loved it too... and played it on his NES.
- That mechanical arcade game at the back with jets... Sky Raiders? Regardless... I had a blast on it!!
- Ali... fuck Lee... I am tempted to trade something now. LOL ding ding ding
- Cloverleaf and Jolly Joker in the historical area. My girls fell in love with Cloverleaf and want one now. LOL. And I happily lost money betting against DaveW on Jolly Joker. What a BLAST!!!

Man... too many good times, so little time to type (still working... LOL).

See you all at the next shindig!!
Patron saint of lost pinball causes.

Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

Xylog
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Xylog » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:20 pm

A big BIG Thank You to Josh and everyone who supported the show. T'was the best show EVAR in my humble opinion. So many smiling faces... :-D

Can't wait for the next one!
Flash Gordon,Vector,Pinbot,Kick Off, Mr. & Mrs. Pacman
RollerGames,Black Knight,Black Knight 2000,Atlantis (Bally)
Civic Center,Jungle Lord,Granny & The Gators, Expressway
Derby Day, Flash Baseball
LF: Bigger House

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Guard » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:01 am

Home now....good night.
And thanks Cait, I found my tools.
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Buccaneer/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Flip Flop/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/ Pat Hand /Strange Science/Card Whiz/ Genesis/Jolly Roger / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/Bronco/ Stern POTC
Projects- Jacks Open /Stratoflite/ Tri Zone/ Hang Glider
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

poolman
MAACA Buck

Postby poolman » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:28 am

Big thanks to Josh for a well-done showI hope I can do more to help him out and bring more people next time and maybe some games. Great to see and talk to people that I met before and people that I talk to you online but never had a chance to meet. I appreciate it all the help and talking to everybody about restoring games I hope everybody got a good deal on some parts and I also made some kids Happy by giving away some stuff. Looking forward to coming down again and maybe doing a little more partying next time.
I am no longer trapped in an auto plant and can get back to visiting some more pinball shows and having a good time and talking to people, thanks to everybody who showed up
IJ
AFM
CC
MM
NGG
STARPOOL
and a collection of crap that get bigger by the day

cdnpinballer
MAACA Wacko

Postby cdnpinballer » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:49 am

Awesome show! Had a great time playing games and tailgating.

May have even sold my lawn tractor! :FP:

Thanks for the fun weekend!

Ian, you know where to find me!!! ;)

TwilightZone
MAACA Wacko

Postby TwilightZone » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:05 am

Awesome show. I could only make Saturday this year and it was a blast. Well done Josh and everyone involved! Looking forward to next year.
Looking for web/graphic design, hosting, application Development, or CMS design/hosting?

MarketAccess Communications Inc.
Providing exceptional services for Small Business, Associations and Government
http://www.marketaccess.ca

Just Accessibility - Accessible Document Consulting and Remediation
https://www.justaccessibility.com/

Hosted in Canada Surveys
http://www.hostedincanadasurveys.ca/

shane
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby shane » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:27 am

Should be a "pin" tailgating area?
Just a thought......
Shane. "Just because I love pinball doesn't mean I'm any good".

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Guard » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:04 am

Hard to find a parking spot for a car....don't think we could justify us setting up lawn chairs across them.

Next year with the bigger slab, maybe make a discreet "bring a pin" lounge area for those who do.
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Buccaneer/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Flip Flop/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/ Pat Hand /Strange Science/Card Whiz/ Genesis/Jolly Roger / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/Bronco/ Stern POTC
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

shane
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby shane » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:09 am

A few pylons and asbestos :shock: warning signs, some caution tape. Lmao. :FP:
I'll rope off a" pin tailgate" area friday night next year.... :shock:

MadTitan
MAACA Millennial

Postby MadTitan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:11 am

Well that was a busy weekend to say the least.

I will post a "real" comment later on when the dust settles a bit, but I just want to thank everyone for a job well done. Seeing everyone having a good time, walking around with christmas morning smiles is really the only evidence I need to know the show was a success. Thank you thank you thank you.

sleepy times now.

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Postby OTTOgd » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:06 pm

Big thanks for another great show, Josh. And everyone that helped!

Big thanks to Cait for the growing Pinhistory section. Awesome. Finally got to play Humpty Dumpty and it was more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Gosh, I still owe JF for beating me at Jolly Joker! Williams Regatta was good fun. Really enjoyed Miracle Super and Rialto, despite losing most of my money. :oops: But now I want a Chicago Coin Mini-Basball, darnit. I'm too good at sports! Sorry I didn't bring back my '75 Satomi Football Pachinko this year; no enough room in the vehicle (but big thanks to Sparky!).

And big thanks to everyone that brought games. Really enjoyed playing a bunch of new-to-me games. Like Blue Note; nifty challenge. Magic Circle didn't score well but nifty ball flow. Capersville was tough. Fireball 2 was fun. I could keep going.

Good times. Looking forward to OPGS 2020.

20190922_140820.jpg
20190922_135321.jpg
20190922_122223.jpg
20190921_190833b.jpg

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Guard » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:25 pm

MadTitan wrote:Well that was a busy weekend to say the least.

I will post a "real" comment later on when the dust settles a bit, but I just want to thank everyone for a job well done. Seeing everyone having a good time, walking around with christmas morning smiles is really the only evidence I need to know the show was a success. Thank you thank you thank you.

sleepy times now.

Unless you're a greedy moron like myself. ...10 hours overtime today and tomorrow. Sigh...
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:54 pm

Guard wrote:Unless you're a greedy moron like myself. ...10 hours overtime today and tomorrow. Sigh...

My overtime in the last year helped pay for most of my pinhistory contributions ;)

I still have stuff in my garage to haul into the basement, but I'm so sore that I have to wait a few more days before I dare attempt it.

shane
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby shane » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:09 pm

I still have stuff in my garage to haul into the basement, but I'm so sore that I have to wait a few more days before I dare attempt it.[/quote]

Agreed, played a few games at home last night and realized my arms are sore from playing pinball! :FP:
( newb!)
Once home I was able to setup new pin and start a shopping list of goodies.......
So. Much. Fun.
Attachments
20190922_191118.jpg

cdnpinballer
MAACA Wacko

Postby cdnpinballer » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:15 pm

shane wrote:Should be a "pin" tailgating area?
Just a thought......

There was one directly in the middle of the parking lot!

If the trunk was open, so was the bar!! :lol:

pinhead
MAACA Motormouth

Postby pinhead » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:29 pm

The show was the best! Thanks Josh and everyone else that volunteered their time to make this happen.

After moving all those games I am very tired, I didn't do much today.

We managed to squeeze all 29 pins in my garage, that is impressive LOL.

Sadly 4 of the pins I brought didn't work and a couple of others were not playing well but I did my best to contribute as many games as I could, I spent a lot of long hours getting them ready and I was lucky enough to have some volunteers to help clean the games.

I took some pics for the people that couldn't make it out.
20190922_085434.jpg
20190922_085445.jpg
20190922_085454.jpg
20190922_085516.jpg
20190922_085637.jpg
20190922_085659.jpg
20190922_085404.jpg
20190922_085411.jpg
hment]
Attachments
20190922_085711.jpg
20190922_085424.jpg
Ottawa pinball operator and game technician.
For sale video games, manuals, boards, ask what you need and I might be able to get it for you.

Ottawa pinball repair service is limited.

http://www.pinhead.ca/

pinhead
MAACA Motormouth

Postby pinhead » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:31 pm

Here is my garage now, not much room to move now.
20190923_010702.jpg
Ottawa pinball operator and game technician.
For sale video games, manuals, boards, ask what you need and I might be able to get it for you.

Ottawa pinball repair service is limited.

http://www.pinhead.ca/

uncleboo
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby uncleboo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:52 pm

Awesome Time !

Pins
STERN SPIDER-MAN , FISH TALES, EBD 1st Edition , VOLLEY -(looking for a nice BG)

http://www.pinballowners.com/uncleboo

The Evener
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby The Evener » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:17 pm

I hope it's okay to say "ditto" to echo all of the previous comments. We live in a pretty special place with awesome people who make Canada's longest running pinball and gameroom show happen year after year. Kudos everyone!

Josh, among everything else, thanks for a great VIP package! In addition to the Dirty Donny's amazing artwork emblazoned on the T-shirt, I was surprised to find TARG beer (brewed by Big Rig) and Ottawa Pinball and Gameroom Show "Flippin' Hot" hotsauce (created by Meow! That's Hot) in my "loot" bag -- f**kin eh! We'll be completely primed for a tailgate party next year. 8-)

Return to “Events”