O-Town Throwdown Pinball Tournament @ OPGS 2019 - September 21/22

Pinball and arcade related events and tournaments
MCS
MAACA Buck

O-Town Throwdown Pinball Tournament @ OPGS 2019 - September 21/22

Postby MCS » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:05 pm

Once again I will be running the O-Town Throwdown, which will take place during the Ottawa Pinball & Gameroom Show at the Nepean Sportsplex, September 21-22.

The tournament is going to be an IFPA-sanctioned unlimited, best game qualifying format on Saturday with PAPA-style match play format playoffs on Sunday.

Details can be found on the Facebook event page.

Rules for the tournament are available here: O-Town Throwdown 2019 Tournament Rules

The volunteer schedule is here: O-Town Throwdown 2019 Volunteer Schedule

If you would like to volunteer, please sign up for open time slots or let me know your preference and I can add you to the schedule. We also need reliable machines to use for the tournament! Thanks in advance to everyone willing to help out.

Items of note:
  • All volunteers will earn 4 free entries for every hour they volunteer.
  • There will be an hour at the end of qualifying exclusively for people who volunteer two hours of their time or who donate a machine to the tournament.
  • Anyone who donates a machine will get a free weekend pass in addition to eligibility for the volunteer hour.
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments! Hope to see you there. :)

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Re: O-Town Throwdown Pinball Tournament @ OPGS 2019 - September 21/22

Postby Guard » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:11 am

In for some set up.
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Buccaneer/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Flip Flop/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/ Pat Hand /Strange Science/Card Whiz/ Genesis/Jolly Roger / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/Bronco
Projects- Jacks Open /Stratoflite/ Tri Zone
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Murphelman
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Murphelman » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:57 am

Will provide a game for this if needed. Future Spa or Eight Ball Champ.
Own
Stern: Black Knight: SoR, Iron Maiden, Deadpool, ACDC, Walking Dead, Jurassic Park
Bally/Williams: Shadow (out on trade), Twilight Zone, HS2: Getaway
Data East: Nothing
Gottlieb: Genie
Bally: Future Spa
Williams: Laser Ball, Fire!

Wishlist
Baywatch, Transformers, X-Men, Stern Star Trek, Paragon, Metallica, GnR, GoT
:mrgreen:

MCS
MAACA Buck

Postby MCS » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:30 pm

Thanks Bruce and Mike!

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:08 am

if you're on pinside please go bump this thread for the show! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic ... -sep-21-22
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), pajatso/payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Cannon Fire, 1934 Fleet, 1935 Impact, 1935 Spot-Lite, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines, 1951 Universal 5 Star
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight, Star-Jet
marquees wanted: Cosmic Avenger, Varkon, Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum
collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

Honey Badger
MAACA Wacko

Postby Honey Badger » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:44 am

Godzilla
Hoops
Ice Fever

All are for the tournament
WTB: Cyclopes, Split Second, Flight 2000, Warlok, BMX, Alien Star, Stern Iron Maiden SS, Vampire, Superman

MCS
MAACA Buck

Postby MCS » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:28 am

Thanks, Jason!

Still in need of games for the tournament (preferrably an EM at this point) and volunteers for scorekeeping. Please sign up here: O-Town Throwdown 2019 Volunteer Schedule or send me a message

Volunteers who donate two hours of their time not only get 8 free entries (4 per hour), but also access to the exclusive volunteer qualifying hour from 8-9pm!

WARLOCK
MAACA Wacko

Postby WARLOCK » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:49 am

My Disco will be there. It can go in the tournament if Sparky and Chris Silver say it is solid enough. Currently at Chris Silver's and I will pick it up and bring it to the show.

If not, I can bring another EM that will be tournament worthy.

WARLOCK
MAACA Wacko

Postby WARLOCK » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:53 am

Added my Name to volunteer list. I will help setup and serve as tech assistant for the first hour of the tournament.

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:42 am

WARLOCK wrote:My Disco will be there. It can go in the tournament if Sparky and Chris Silver say it is solid enough. Currently at Chris Silver's and I will pick it up and bring it to the show.

Meh. It is a 2-player and it has it's quirks.

If a solid EM is needed, I can bring maybe Centigrade 37 instead of Rolling Stones and put it in the tournament.
Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:50 am

Sparky wrote:
WARLOCK wrote:My Disco will be there. It can go in the tournament if Sparky and Chris Silver say it is solid enough. Currently at Chris Silver's and I will pick it up and bring it to the show.

If a solid EM is needed, I can bring maybe Centigrade 37 instead of Rolling Stones and put it in the tournament.

Do it up! I love to see C37 gobble up entries. ;)
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), pajatso/payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Cannon Fire, 1934 Fleet, 1935 Impact, 1935 Spot-Lite, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines, 1951 Universal 5 Star
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight, Star-Jet
marquees wanted: Cosmic Avenger, Varkon, Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum
collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:25 pm

cait001 wrote:
Sparky wrote:

OK, done.
Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

WARLOCK
MAACA Wacko

Postby WARLOCK » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:03 pm

Sparky wrote:
cait001 wrote:
Sparky wrote:

OK, done.

Thanks bro. You are the very best of the best...

MCS
MAACA Buck

Postby MCS » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:37 pm

Thanks, Scott and Sparky! You guys rock. :)

MCS
MAACA Buck

Postby MCS » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:49 pm

If anyone wants to save some time by pre-registering, here's the link: https://www.neverdrains.com/otown2019/p ... isp=preReg

(Pre-registration will be open until Friday night. After that you need to sign up at the desk on site!)

MCS
MAACA Buck

Postby MCS » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:56 pm

Before I melt into a puddle of exhaustion, I want to give a shout out to everyone who helped make the O-Town Throwdown a success. If anyone saw how many people were playing during the dedicated volunteer hour, you'd know the number of contributors there were.

First off, those who donated games (in alphabetical order): Honey Badger, Murphelman, P1AG Montréal - ventes/sales, pinballmafia, pinhead, Sparky, and Xylog. Your machines were rock solid and there wouldn't have been a tournament without them!

Those who helped with set-up, scorekeeping, and working the registration desk (again, alphabetical): Adam, Alisa, Brad, Bruce, Carter, Danielle, Gabi, Gwlayne, Heather, Josh, Julien, Phil, Scott, Sean, Steve M., Steve T., and Tom. You were critical to everything running smoothly! Games were ready to go on time, scores were entered efficiently, and I think I'm the only one who credited entries to the wrong person by mistake. :)

And last but not least, Murphelman and tinyrodent. Thank you for agreeing to help out from the beginning! I knew things were in good hands whenever I needed to step away for a break, and I appreciated the support throughout.

If I have forgotten to name anyone, I apologize! Countless people offered assistance, made sure I was taking care of myself, and just generally helped out in so many ways that didn't go unnoticed. Weekends like this remind me of what a great community we have!

Thanks to everyone who played, as well. I hope you enjoyed yourselves! I know the balanced playoff banks were not popular with some (or maybe all?) but it kept things on schedule.

Congratulations to everyone who made the cut-off! (The full qualifying and playoff results are available here: https://www.neverdrains.com/otown2019/)

The top 4 were all out-of-towners:

1st - Jack Tadman
Tied for 2nd - Brad Hopkins and Pete Nicholls
4th - Jason Hamel

The Women's Champion was Vicki Mavraganis, finishing 8th overall!

If there are any questions, please let me know. I'm also always open to feedback for the next time. Until then!

tombiosis
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby tombiosis » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:44 pm

Great job Meagan!
Congratulations on a very wrll run tournament. Well done everyone!
Pins: 8BDlx, Frontier, Big Buck Hunter, Firepower, Fish Tales, Sure Shot, Iron Maiden Pro.
Gone but not forgotten: 6M$M, Sorcerer, WPT, Elvis, Centaur II.

WTB: Fathom, TSPP, BSD, GOT.

Quit talking and start chalking!

tombiosis
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby tombiosis » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:44 pm

:beerchug :beerchug

Return to “Events”