***SOLD *** FS: No Fear

tom_454
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 25 times

***SOLD *** FS: No Fear

Post by tom_454 »

Hi gang,

My other purchase worked out so my No Fear is now officially for sale. I am asking $2300 firm. I have already received quite a few PMs so I will start going through them in order (bare with me).

Here is the link for pictures:
https://plus.google.com/photos/11065248 ... 9550927105

Overall it is in very nice shape:
- doesn't have the original spinner. It has a LOTR spinner (which is the replacement for the unubtanium original). Still has LOTR stickers.
- a little wear under the spinner (looks like at some point in it's life someone played it with the spinner broken an it wore the playfield). WTF
- other than that the playfield is fantastic
- has a brand new (repro from James) jump ramp.
- has been completely shopped out (posts, rings, flippers & coils). Cleaned & waxed completely.
- has a brand new upper flipper and bushing.
- has some LEDs in the backglass and playfield.
- has a little fade on one side of the cabinet.
- a few dings from moving over the years.
- the skull is white
- the DMD will have 3 vertical lines missing. Currently I have my new spare DMD in there but I won't be selling that with the game. I have included a picture of the DMD with the 3 lines out which is currently in my Shadow as this is the DMD I am selling with the game (or perhaps an extra $100 and I will throw it in).

I love this game but it has fallen to the bottom of the current lineup list and with my new purchase I am almost out of room (you always need 1 empty spot in case a 4k MM comes your way). ;-)

Tom.
Last edited by tom_454 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pinball Rocks!
277 old posts - member since August 2007.

tom_454
MAACA Mega Contributor

Re: FS Interest Check: No Fear

Post by tom_454 »

Here is a link to the pictures. It is now officially for sale.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11065248 ... 9550927105

In the event of full disclosure, I will mention that I hosted OPL this weekend and No Fear had the following minor incident during the heated competition:

It turns out that the targets under the mountain are held in place by a bracket that weakens over time (well known issue) and one of the switches was bent back enough that the wires made contact with the metal scoop causing a short which quickly blew the fuse. I fixed the bracket and added some heavy foam to make sure it doesn't happen again. Whoever ends up with it should probably buy the $10.00 cliffy reinforced brace (see http://www.passionforpinball.com/nofear.htm). Played quite a few games on Sunday and everything is working great.

Quite a few Ottawa area OPL members had a chance to play it so please feel free to ask them their opinion?

Tom.
Pinball Rocks!

tom_454
MAACA Mega Contributor

Re: FS: No Fear

Post by tom_454 »

Based upon a few of the PMs. I will clarify - the DMD that is currently in the game is NOT "BRAND NEW". It is a newer (much better) display that I pulled from my STTNG. Sorry for any confusion.

I would like to keep that display and put in the old one (3 lines missing) but I am somewhat open to discussing this.

Cheers,
Tom.
Pinball Rocks!

tom_454
MAACA Mega Contributor

Re: ***SOLD *** FS: No Fear

Post by tom_454 »

Deposit received. Sold pending pickup.

Thanks for the interest everyone.
Pinball Rocks!

tom_454
MAACA Mega Contributor

Re: ***SOLD *** FS: No Fear

Post by tom_454 »

Gone to a new home.

I am missing this one already. Wish I didn't have to sell - stupid "space" issue! $#%&^%$
Pinball Rocks!