FS: Strange but True - TAF shipping box and internals

soltic
MAACA New Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

FS: Strange but True - TAF shipping box and internals

Post by soltic »

Yup, everyone ends up w/ some strange stuff eventually. :FP:

Original (non-gold) TAF factory box - always assumed everything inside was original too.

Warehouse dust and factory smell inside of box is free, but do assume it's worth something to someone....

Pickup on this one is in Richmond Hill.

Rod
IMG_8285.JPG
IMG_8286.JPG
IMG_8287.JPG
IMG_8288.JPG

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: FS: Strange but True - TAF shipping box and internals

Post by necro_nemesis »

Is there a story behind someone hanging onto a large empty box for a quarter century?
Pins: Scared Stiff - Getaway - Funhouse - Twilightzone - No Fear - Attack from Mars - Indiana Jones - Cirqus Voltaire (prototype) - Medieval Madness - Tales of Arabian Nights. Arcades: Robotron (cocktail) - Stargate - Midway Haunted House. Jukes: Seeburg 100c - Seeburg 222.
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

GILV
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by GILV »

When I bought a HUO RFM a few years ago, the guy still had the boxes for it, I asked if I could have them and I kept them until I sold the game a few years after.
The box, in a certain way, proves, that the game was bought by the guy you bought it from. I consider it as paperwork (cardboardwork) :)

soltic
MAACA New Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by soltic »

necro_nemesis wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:15 am Is there a story behind someone hanging onto a large empty box for a quarter century?
Gosh it's been so long I can't remember your name but remember you had that spa in Aurora....

Kept a few boxes over the years in case I was shipping out.

Speak of people keeping stuff, when I picked up my NGG yrs ago from Nasty Nick'y in Michigan I was surprised it had been unboxed yrs after production but floored when he showed me a NIB TZ. Stupid is as stupid does - I should have not left there without the TZ. Of course that's when good machines were still approx $3500....

And then there was John Robertson on the W Coast having inventory of Black Knight's and Robotron cocktails all NIB only a few yrs ago (by a few I mean 10?).... Should have picked up one of each then too regardless of the acid damage repairs...

I am never surprised by what people "collect", there's a difference between that and hoarding I think...

Rod

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by necro_nemesis »

Small world. I bought my TZ from Nasty Nick many years ago. Might have been the one you looked at. Story was he routed it pretty much across the road from his shop and it didn't get much play. I don't know about the across the road part but it didn't get much play.
Pins: Scared Stiff - Getaway - Funhouse - Twilightzone - No Fear - Attack from Mars - Indiana Jones - Cirqus Voltaire (prototype) - Medieval Madness - Tales of Arabian Nights. Arcades: Robotron (cocktail) - Stargate - Midway Haunted House. Jukes: Seeburg 100c - Seeburg 222.
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.