FS: TZ (SOLD) and ToM

Pinball machines for sale only please, seulement machines à boules à vendre.
teknix1
MAACA Silent Type

FS: TZ (SOLD) and ToM

Post by teknix1 »

Well, I've finally decided it's time to let my machines go, I simply can't find the time to play or maintain them, someone else should enjoy them. I'm not going to rate the machines as that's very subjective, however I'm going to say they do need some work to get them back to their very best but they are very playable as is (I would suggest to install a couple of rubbers that are missing). I have made a few upgrades over the years and bought replacement parts to fix various things, you will see in the pictures what each machine will come included with. I'm going to do my best to describe everything about these machines but I can't guarantee I've got everything. These are 30 year old machines, even if the were under light use for the past decade, things are bound to be finicky. They come ASIS and depending on how far you have to drive these back, understand things might happen in transport, they are complex machines. I'm not trying to scare anyone with my long lists, I'm just trying to paint the most accurate picture possible, I did my best but I'm human, so please understand there might be some errors or omissions.

As for transport, it will be the buyers responsibility to lift those out of my basement and bring them home. I have a somewhat bad back so I won't be able to help much. For the same reason I will not ship or crate them, pick-up only. I live in the Gatineau area, I also speak French, I figured writing this ad in English might cater to a wider audience. Last thing before we get into the goodies; with COVID-19, things are rather unique. I do have relatives which don't live with me but that are at high risk and I'm taking that very seriously, so I can't invite people just to have a look unfortunately, serious customers only please. It will be my pleasure to add photos or pictures if they are requested in order to avoid contact as much as possible. I apologize in advance if I'm a little slow at responding, I've got a lot going on at home these days.

Twilight Zone (SOLD):
- Owned since 1999, was in a mall prior to that
- Home ROM
- New clock board with LEDs
- Gumballs added to the machine
- Home made remote battery pack
- Pinwest cover
- NOS rubber ring kit (not installed)
- Comes with brand new still in the bag door panel flasher kit (Pinbits)
- Playfield has a few mylar pieces installed
- Home made rubber leg protectors
- Wrong colored paddles are installed (correct yellow ones are included)
- A few problem plastics, I made decent but not perfect replacement myself: slot machine, piano. Still has one or two broken plastics.
- The slot machine has been rewelded a long time ago (common issue), not the greatest job was done, but it really doesn't show that much
- Bubble level functional but broken, replacement included
- Cabinet has a few rough edges. Still has lots of red, see bubble gum machine art
- Intenal leg brackets are worn (new nuts and bolts included)
- Powerball doesn't seem to get detected in the slot machine, probably just needs adjusting, never looked into it (ceramic powerball is included)
- Replaced one of the ramps years ago and now balls sometimes flies off the right ramp (most likely I installed some part in the wrong order when I put it back)
- Fixed a lock bar hole that was in the front with putty and a bit of paint, could have been done better
- Two sets of new leg levelers included, one with nylon bottom
- Comes with schematics, other paper work and a bunch of other new and used parts

Photos:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av-cc-rj2_Ui0VRdSf3 ... z?e=FFhKK8

Boot Sequence:
https://youtu.be/hOC2IMiJMIA

Short Game Play:
https://youtu.be/CaLIV0YX1m4

Theatre of Magic ($7500):
- Owned since 2008, house owned by the previous owner, came from Quebec city before that
- Home ROM
- Rotating tiger saw mod installed (I can't imagine this machine without this mod!)
- Pinbits auto eddy boards installed (all 3 of them)
- Service Bulletin SB82 installed (ball getting stuck behind trunk: https://www.ipdb.org/files/2845/Bally_1 ... tin_82.pdf)
- There's a residual hole from the previous attempt at fixing the issue SB82 fixes (done by one of the previous owners), please have a look at the photos
- Home made remote battery pack
- Pinwest cover
- NOS rubber ring kit (not installed)
- Slingshot plastic protectors
- I replaced the trap door that was broken, that decal now has mylar on it which increases the thickness and makes the ball jump, that's always annoyed me. I do have a replacement sticker (included)
- Trunk is a little worn, could probably use a new one to be really nice otherwise working
- There is rust on a metal bracket underneath the trunk, see photos
- I've seen a few DMD glitches over the years, nothing that ever stayed, I think it's just a bad ground connection somewhere
- Same thing with one of the (not sure what to call them) lines in the matrix of general illumination lights, it's intermittent, never figured that one out, seen in the video (hard to spot, look for the A in MAGIC letters, doesn't always work)
- Gold ramps are a little used
- Trunk gets stuck occasionally, I hear the motor needs to be re-greased once in a while. never did that. Optos pass the tests so I figure that's all that's needed.
- Electric problem with the service buttons, they work, but not super well, can't seem to always turn the volume down (replacement part included, not exact part however, will need a bit of DIY)
- Leg plate threads (inside the cabinet) are not doing well, had to use new bolts with nuts to have everything hold, I hear it is a common problem (new nuts and bolts included)
- Plumb bob assembly incomplete (see photos)
- Replacement spring (potentially not the correct part) for a diverter in the very back of the machine that's stretched (see photos with the #2 written on the cross section of a wood piece)
- Few cracked plastics
- One of the coin mechanisms is broken/missing, I never noticed it until I took the pictures for this post, doesn't affect game play
- Legs are rusted (recommend replacement)
- Home made rubber leg protectors
- Comes with a bunch of other new and used parts

Photos:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av-cc-rj2_Ui0U-DKcf ... R?e=djwD0r

Short Game Play:
https://youtu.be/U4CmrLCo0k8

Extras (Make me an offer):
- These are parts that either came with one of the machines or I bought to fix something but I can't remember what they're for.
- The power supply I have no idea if it even works, never plugged it in, it was inside TZ when I got it.
- That wooden contraption is a pinball lift, I've been using for over 15 years, very useful. I can't give warranties on it, use at your own risk, I know the caster wheels alone are worth something.
- If anybody buys both machines, I might just thrown all of these in as a bonus. I won't have a need for them.

Photos:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av-cc-rj2_Ui0XEAY8_ ... l?e=RFk7fO

Thanks for looking at my post!
Nic
Last edited by teknix1 on Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

luch
MAACA Buck
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Re: FS: TZ and ToM

Post by luch »

i love the wooden battery's lol

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth
Has liked: 18 times

Post by Fifty »

Very nice. If I only had the cash. BTW, that power supply is just a voltage regulator that was mandated by Ontario hydro companies. It was basically a cash grab/scam. It's pretty much worthless, except for it's weight in metal. I remove them and bring them in for scrap. Lightens the pin by about 20lbs.

GLWS. ToM is one of my favourites.

cait001
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by cait001 »

Fifty wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:51 am
Very nice. If I only had the cash. BTW, that power supply is just a voltage regulator that was mandated by Ontario hydro companies. It was basically a cash grab/scam. It's pretty much worthless, except for it's weight in metal. I remove them and bring them in for scrap. Lightens the pin by about 20lbs.

isolation transformers absolutely serve a purpose, and I bet a handful of people could use them. They are mostly just worth their weight in scrap, but ask around before scrapping it.
WANTED: 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth
Has liked: 18 times

Post by Fifty »

I actually offered this one to you back in 2015. Since then it has been a useful doorstop, but the corners can be sharp. There was someone interested in writing an article about it (can't remember who) so I did up some photos but I don't think anything ever came of it. I only recently chucked it into the reclaim bin at work as I was tired of lugging it around. viewtopic.php?p=164170#p164170

Sorry to hijack this FS thread. GLWS!

teknix1
MAACA Silent Type

Post by teknix1 »

luch wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:33 pm
i love the wooden battery's lol
:) I think they fit right in with everything else made out of wood! I find it odd they're using wood for pinball cabinets, isn't there any other material that would be more practical, or lighter?

Nic

teknix1
MAACA Silent Type

Post by teknix1 »

Fifty wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:51 am

Thanks for the info, I never really had a good look at this thing until I took the pictures for this sale, I though it was a replacement power supply they had just left in there. Looking at the output that wouldn't make sense.

Nic

Return to “Pinball Machines for Sale / Machines à Boules à Vendre”