Found: Catacomb

Wanted Pinball Machines only Please / Seulement machines à boules recherchées
DrDude
MAACA Half-ling

Found: Catacomb

Postby DrDude » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:47 am

As some of you are aware, I'm a huge Classic Stern fan, and I've been looking for a Catacomb for a while now as the "last" game to complete my lineup. If you have one that you might consider selling or are aware of one somewhere out there in the wild, please let me know.

As potential trade-bait, I do have my 2nd Fathom, but a deal involving that game would have to be negotiated: It's a restoration project, complete including a new playfield, but I had hoped to restore both Fathoms in parallel for ease of performing the playfield-swaps, so I'm not that keen on letting it go!
Last edited by DrDude on Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grant Goodes
Stern: Meteor, Lightning, Nineball, Cheetah, Seawitch, Catacomb
Bally: Fathom x 2, Centaur
Gottlieb: Black Hole
Wanted: Balls-a-Poppin, Catacomb slingshot plastics
Lust-worthy: Dragonfist, Solar Fire, Funhouse, Skateball, Capersville

Craig
MAACA Silent Type

Re: WTB: Catacomb

Postby Craig » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:04 pm

Hi Grant;

Not sure if I am selling mine yet but welcome to stop by for a few (several) games and see what I have!

Just complete the toast 15 minutes ago with a new high score of 1.9M!

I do not think we live too far apart and we have mutual friends I have not seen in a while, think about it.....

I too enjoy classic Sterns and would love to hear about your Fathom projects.

Craig
Bally: 1979 Paragon, 1979 Harlem Globe Trotters, 1984 Eight Ball Deluxe,
Classic Stern: 1980 Flight 2000, 1981 Freefall
Williams: Laser Ball
Jersey Jack: Dailed-in LE
Stern: Iron Maiden Premium, Metallica Premium
Gottlieb: 1976 Volley, 1979 Count Down

Wanted: larger basement

DrDude
MAACA Half-ling

Postby DrDude » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:42 am

Craig wrote:Hi Grant;

Not sure if I am selling mine yet but welcome to stop by for a few (several) games and see what I have!

I do not think we live too far apart and we have mutual friends I have not seen in a while, think about it.....

Hey Craig,

Yes, you are right, we should get together at some point. I have played enough Catacomb to know that I like it, and with the sale of my F2K, I'm looking to add another talker to the lineup which prompted the search.

As for the Fathom Twins, as soon as Robi finishes his garage, the plan is to move the pair of carcasses to that location and start the restoration: I have all the parts needed to make for two amazing games!
Grant Goodes

DrDude
MAACA Half-ling

Postby DrDude » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:39 pm

DrDude wrote:
Craig wrote:Hi Grant;

Hey Craig,

Yes, you are right, we should get together at some point. I have played enough Catacomb to know that I like it, and with the sale of my F2K, I'm looking to add another talker to the lineup which prompted the search.

As for the Fathom Twins, as soon as Robi finishes his garage, the plan is to move the pair of carcasses to that location and start the restoration: I have all the parts needed to make for two amazing games!

Well, just an update on this: I have my Catacomb now, which was in fact purchased from Craig. It plays very well, and enjoying it quite a bit. I _do_ need a set of replacement (lower) slingshot plastics, as both are broken, and it is missing the (seemingly always missing) backglass bagatelle gate, but otherwise a fine addition to the lineup. So, if anyone is restoring their Catacomb and ends up buying the repro plastics set, I'd be interested in buying your spare slingshot plastics.

The Fathom (carcass) twins are indeed now moved to Robi's garage, and we'll shortly have at least one of them up and alive. Alas, it seems that one cabinet is missing not only the coin-door, but the entire frame/hinge assembly as well, so if anyone has that part of an early 80's Bally, I'm in the market. Thanks to Robi for helping me dig them both out of the basement!
Grant Goodes

Return to “Pinball Machines WANTED / Machines à Boules Recherchées”