****LOTR FOUND!****

Wanted Pinball Machines only Please / Seulement machines à boules recherchées
Atomicboy
MAACA Mega Contributor

Re: WTB: LOTR

Post by Atomicboy »

Mine is an LE, chestnutted to the nines with new trim and lollipop siderails, plantir mod, custom POTD with 4 figures, tapped into the rear lights, and over switches, so you can watch those, gold mirrors, the one shooter (I think the best), additional figures, footies and no ties for figures (LE has no drill holes for slings and a few other plastics), all kinds of protectors and decals (sword tip, shire, etc), full LED, LED buttons, eye flasher LED with flashlight reflector (lookout!)

And my fav, my avatar on pinside, the balrog votive topped, lit with GI and a flasher out the mouth (again, with a flashlight reflector) that makes it look, no shit, like it's spitting fire when it goes off. Best mod I have ever seen, and no one has done it quite like I have.

I'm sure I'm forgetting other stuff.
WTB: nadda

John Jones
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 2 times

Post by John Jones »

Post pics and video of that mod Aaron....
Wanna see the topper....my LOTR will be envious.
8-)
Stern Star Trek LE HUO
Stern The Walking Dead Premium
Stern LOTR !
Stern Simpsons Pinball Party
Williams STTNG
Williams FishTales
Sega Starship Troopers
Data east Star Wars 1.04
Data east Back to the Future
Sega Baywatch
Black Knight 2000
PGA Tour Golf Team Challenge

Vids: Dragons Lair
Aliens Extermination arcade

Atomicboy
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Atomicboy »

quarter grabber
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by quarter grabber »

Atomicboy wrote:Mine is an LE, chestnutted to the nines with new trim and lollipop siderails, plantir mod, custom POTD with 4 figures, tapped into the rear lights, and over switches, so you can watch those, gold mirrors, the one shooter (I think the best), additional figures, footies and no ties for figures (LE has no drill holes for slings and a few other plastics), all kinds of protectors and decals (sword tip, shire, etc), full LED, LED buttons, eye flasher LED with flashlight reflector (lookout!)

And my fav, my avatar on pinside, the balrog votive topped, lit with GI and a flasher out the mouth (again, with a flashlight reflector) that makes it look, no shit, like it's spitting fire when it goes off. Best mod I have ever seen, and no one has done it quite like I have.

I'm sure I'm forgetting other stuff.
Holy crap :shock:

John Jones
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 2 times

Post by John Jones »

Awesome....
Would look better on mine though :twisted:

thanks for the link.
Stern Star Trek LE HUO
Stern The Walking Dead Premium
Stern LOTR !
Stern Simpsons Pinball Party
Williams STTNG
Williams FishTales
Sega Starship Troopers
Data east Star Wars 1.04
Data east Back to the Future
Sega Baywatch
Black Knight 2000
PGA Tour Golf Team Challenge

Vids: Dragons Lair
Aliens Extermination arcade

cdnpinballer
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 3 times

Post by cdnpinballer »

Atomicboy wrote:I do believe I have the nicest lotr out there.
So how about if someone laid down two hundred $100 brown bills? Would that be enough for you?

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

And this is how prices gets inflated for everyone... hey, look at that MAACA thread, LOTR is now worth over 15K so i want 16K for mine...

Kinda sad in a WTB thread too, not helping the buyer much i would say :FP: :roll:

Just my 2 cents, of course..
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

cdnpinballer
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cdnpinballer »

Hey party pooper ;) , I'm just trying to hammer out a deal for QG to get his LOTR LE!

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

cdnpinballer wrote:Hey party pooper ;) , I'm just trying to hammer out a deal for QG to get his LOTR LE!
LOL

I hope he has 20K to spend cause it is starting to look like you are dealing him UP instead of down ;-)

It's friday and things are slowing down here so i thought i would start giving my 2 cents again :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

quarter grabber
MAACA Super Contributor

Azatotht wrote:
cdnpinballer wrote:Hey party pooper ;) , I'm just trying to hammer out a deal for QG to get his LOTR LE!
LOL

I hope he has 20K to spend cause it is starting to look like you are dealing him UP instead of down ;-)

It's friday and things are slowing down here so i thought i would start giving my 2 cents again :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hahahahaha, I might have to throw a ridiculous amount at someone just to pick one up. It's a title everyone seems to think is a keeper and I can't pry one out of anyone's hands :( . I should have just bought Lee's a couple years ago when he graciously offered it to me for $4500 :shock: but I was in my "everything has to be perfect" stage and I turned it down, so dumb :oops: oh well live and learn.

TwilightZone
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by TwilightZone »

Azatotht wrote:
LOL

I'll help bring the price down :lol: I cann't stand the backglass. The black outlines look horrible. I don't know what they were thinking. If I had an LE, I'd pack the backglass safely and get the regular translite. The translite looks must better than that backglass.

I love my regular HUO LOTR. If I wanted the bling, I'd rather get the rails, etc. done by Chestnut. LOTR LE lock down bar is known to wear to metal. LE is missing figures. Backglass is horrible. Yes, this can all be fixed, but might as well get reg. LOTR and add to it.

My .02 :-)
Looking for web/graphic design, hosting, application Development, or CMS design/hosting?

MarketAccess Communications Inc.
Providing exceptional services for Small Business, Associations and Government
http://www.marketaccess.ca

Just Accessibility - Accessible Document Consulting and Remediation
https://www.justaccessibility.com/

Hosted in Canada Surveys
http://www.hostedincanadasurveys.ca/

quarter grabber
MAACA Super Contributor

TwilightZone wrote:
Azatotht wrote:
LOL

I'll help bring the price down :lol: I cann't stand the backglass. The black outlines look horrible. I don't know what they were thinking. If I had an LE, I'd pack the backglass safely and get the regular translite. The translite looks must better than that backglass.

I love my regular HUO LOTR. If I wanted the bling, I'd rather get the rails, etc. done by Chestnut. LOTR LE lock down bar is known to wear to metal. LE is missing figures. Backglass is horrible. Yes, this can all be fixed, but might as well get reg. LOTR and add to it.

Yeah I thought about getting a pro and brassing everything and the only thing I would miss from the LE is the double clear coat on the playfield. Really at this point I will take whatever pops up. :)

cdnpinballer
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cdnpinballer »

quarter grabber wrote: I should have just bought Lee's a couple years ago when he graciously offered it to me for $4500
Thank goodness you didn't or else I would have made a big mistake! ;)
TwilightZone wrote:might as well get reg. LOTR and add to it.
Agree 100%!
quarter grabber wrote: only thing I would miss from the LE is the double clear coat on the playfield.
I have a NOS LOTR Pro PF that I could possibly be enticed to sell if you felt the absolute need to have your balls rolling on two coats of CC. ;)

Atomicboy
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Atomicboy »

cdnpinballer wrote:So how about if someone laid down two hundred $100 brown bills? Would that be enough for you?
Nope. No one would, of course, and even somewhat above ridiculous offers won't persuade me from selling machines when I'm not ready, and I have had this tried before. I know some people are under the belief that the right amount will get them to sell, or everything is for sale, etc - not me. After I tear a machine down and do my thing, I get very sentimental and attached, and I rarely move anything. I don't care about money, but I LOVE my pinball machines, so even more of something I don't care about isn't taking something I adore.
TwilightZone wrote: I'll help bring the price down :lol: I cann't stand the backglass. The black outlines look horrible. I don't know what they were thinking. If I had an LE, I'd pack the backglass safely and get the regular translite. The translite looks must better than that backglass.
It's gold outline, not black. I thought that too initially, and bought a normal one. Somehow took away from the LE look, I don't know how to explain. The gold BG in the end looked better, and had a more special feeling to it, so I left it.
TwilightZone wrote: I love my regular HUO LOTR. If I wanted the bling, I'd rather get the rails, etc. done by Chestnut. LOTR LE lock down bar is known to wear to metal. LE is missing figures. Backglass is horrible. Yes, this can all be fixed, but might as well get reg. LOTR and add to it.

The figures can be added of course, and they look nicer without the holes drilled in some of the plastics and plastic ties used, as that has to be the cheapest looking aspect of anything between the two. The extra clear on the PF is major as well. The gold trim was a nice idea, but it's Stern, and surprise, they didn't clear it, so you need to deal with that eventually. Also, the LE is commanding a lot more in recent years. When I bought it, it was still the same as the normal, but they are going for a lot more now.

I wasn't searching for an LE, and just turned down Gwen's HUO LOTR a month prior, as I just bought I believe my attack, but the LE came up, and I thought meh - I'll go that route. I'm glad I did, but in the end, you can't go wrong with either, LOTR is awesome all around. I'd like to say I'm kicking myself for not grabbing one of the 3 HUO's I was offered before mine, but I'm glad where I landed. Mine's been to Valinor twice now, and will again many times!

quarter grabber
MAACA Super Contributor

Atomicboy wrote:
cdnpinballer wrote:So how about if someone laid down two hundred $100 brown bills? Would that be enough for you?
Nope. No one would, of course, and even somewhat above ridiculous offers won't persuade me from selling machines when I'm not ready, and I have had this tried before. I know some people are under the belief that the right amount will get them to sell, or everything is for sale, etc - not me. After I tear a machine down and do my thing, I get very sentimental and attached, and I rarely move anything. I don't care about money, but I LOVE my pinball machines, so even more of something I don't care about isn't taking something I adore.
TwilightZone wrote: I'll help bring the price down :lol: I cann't stand the backglass. The black outlines look horrible. I don't know what they were thinking. If I had an LE, I'd pack the backglass safely and get the regular translite. The translite looks must better than that backglass.
It's gold outline, not black. I thought that too initially, and bought a normal one. Somehow took away from the LE look, I don't know how to explain. The gold BG in the end looked better, and had a more special feeling to it, so I left it.
TwilightZone wrote: I love my regular HUO LOTR. If I wanted the bling, I'd rather get the rails, etc. done by Chestnut. LOTR LE lock down bar is known to wear to metal. LE is missing figures. Backglass is horrible. Yes, this can all be fixed, but might as well get reg. LOTR and add to it.

The figures can be added of course, and they look nicer without the holes drilled in some of the plastics and plastic ties used, as that has to be the cheapest looking aspect of anything between the two. The extra clear on the PF is major as well. The gold trim was a nice idea, but it's Stern, and surprise, they didn't clear it, so you need to deal with that eventually. Also, the LE is commanding a lot more in recent years. When I bought it, it was still the same as the normal, but they are going for a lot more now.

I wasn't searching for an LE, and just turned down Gwen's HUO LOTR a month prior, as I just bought I believe my attack, but the LE came up, and I thought meh - I'll go that route. I'm glad I did, but in the end, you can't go wrong with either, LOTR is awesome all around. I'd like to say I'm kicking myself for not grabbing one of the 3 HUO's I was offered before mine, but I'm glad where I landed. Mine's been to Valinor twice now, and will again many times!
So do you know of one for sale? I would appreciate a lead if you have one. :D

Atomicboy
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Atomicboy »

I'll let you know if I do, but I'm not aware of any. I know of a lot of people looking for one though :D

pharoah007

Post by pharoah007 »

Azatotht wrote:And this is how prices gets inflated for everyone... hey, look at that MAACA thread, LOTR is now worth over 15K so i want 16K for mine...

Kinda sad in a WTB thread too, not helping the buyer much i would say :FP: :roll:

Just my 2 cents, of course..

I am fine with this....prices are already stupid...why not go full retard :)

pharoah007

Post by pharoah007 »

TwilightZone wrote:
I cann't stand the backglass. The black outlines look horrible. Regular translite. The translite looks must better than that backglass.

might as well get reg. LOTR and add to it.

Make that .04

LE is gross

quarter grabber
MAACA Super Contributor

Re: ****LOTR FOUND!****

LOTR FOUND!

libtech
MAACA Valued Contributor

Re: ****LOTR FOUND!****

Post by libtech »

I wouldnt do the le anyways, why to have a crappy plate job that the brass wears off? No figures? Interesting back glass? And youll pay 2k more?

Buy a regular and mod it up, great game!