:FOUND: Where are all the Sega GODZILLA at?

Wanted Pinball Machines only Please / Seulement machines à boules recherchées
Drano
MAACA Priest

:FOUND: Where are all the Sega GODZILLA at?

Postby Drano » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:24 am

This is really NOT a WTB thread.... well, it sort of is, but not an immediate or pressing one.

I've slowly and steadily made my way through a lot of machines. I've certainly ticked off most games on my wish list over the years. Just in the last couple of months I think I've 'killed' another 5 or so. If I had to guess, I'd say at least 80 titles have passed through my hands. I admit... I've been a bit crazy and relentless at times. Other times it's just been fate or blind luck or karma.

I'm now at a point where I have more games than I want or need, so I am slowly working through them, playing them more and starting to slowly decide which ones to keep and what to let go. However, even n the middle of all this there is one last game on that list that has eluded me. And, while other machines will surely still come and go as opportunities and tastes fluctuate, I would still really love to find that big green Sega GODZILLA that has been sitting on my WTB list for so long.

I was first turned onto it by Adam years ago and have played it sporadically at shows... but I would really love to find one to play at home and get a better feel for the game. Don't know if it'll be a keeper, but gotta find out.

They are notoriously hard to find up here, but they always seem to pop up at shows in the US. I always seem to be just a few minutes too late or a few bucks too short when those have popped up... but I am always keeping an open eye.

So, just curious where all the GODZILLA are at? I know there's one in Keswick and at least a couple more in the Ottawa area... but who else is holding one of these babies (and how can I become your new best friend)? :D
Last edited by Drano on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Honey Badger
MAACA Death Knight

Re: Where are all the Sega GODZILLA at?

Postby Honey Badger » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:09 pm

There are 4 here in Ottawa Drano. Be patient you got dibs on mine. I can pull it out this summer if you want to borrow it.
WTB: Cyclopes, Split Second, Flight 2000, Warlok, BMX, Alien Star, Iron Maiden, Vampire, Superman

"You're either with us or against us"

"Guilty by association"

"This is Pinburgh...that's how we roll!"

Drano
MAACA Priest

Postby Drano » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:21 pm

Wow... Four!
Well, as you know, yours is the last one I missed out on :(

No worries, I am patient.
Thank you

Honey Badger
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Honey Badger » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:58 pm

Yes and 3 of the 4 came from Allentown and the other one came from the Ohio pinball show. I was present when all the buyers made the purchases.
WTB: Cyclopes, Split Second, Flight 2000, Warlok, BMX, Alien Star, Iron Maiden, Vampire, Superman

"Guilty by association"

monty
MAACA Barbarian

Postby monty » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:19 pm

Honey Badger wrote:Yes and 3 of the 4 came from Allentown and the other one came from the Ohio pinball show. I was present when all the buyers made the purchases.

you should really start a pinball brokerage business. delivery and setup available for a nominal fee! :mrgreen:

Pinball Junkie
MAACA Mage

Postby Pinball Junkie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:24 pm

Guilty as charged. :P
Collection: SM(Stn),T2,HS2,CFTBL,GZ,WW,EB,8BD,MM

pinhead
MAACA Goliath

Postby pinhead » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:05 pm

I think Dr Who is harder to find (for sale) and they made tons of those. But if you want to buy one, I know a guy that might have one for sale.

What was the production run of Godzilla anyway?
Ottawa pinball operator and game technician.
For sale video games, manuals, boards, ask what you need and I might be able to get it for you.

Ottawa pinball repair service is limited.

http://www.pinhead.ca/

Honey Badger
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Honey Badger » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:27 pm

Doctor Who - 7744 units made
Godzilla - 510 units made

"Guilty by association"

pinhead
MAACA Goliath

Postby pinhead » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:21 pm

Honey Badger wrote:Doctor Who - 7744 units made
Godzilla - 510 units made

Dr Who seems low for the time. I must have had half of them LOL.

Godzilla on the other hand, if they only made 510, it is impressive that there are that many in Ottawa alone!
Ottawa pinball operator and game technician.
For sale video games, manuals, boards, ask what you need and I might be able to get it for you.

Ottawa pinball repair service is limited.

http://www.pinhead.ca/

Drano
MAACA Priest

Postby Drano » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:31 pm

pinhead wrote:I think Dr Who is harder to find (for sale) and they made tons of those. But if you want to buy one, I know a guy that might have one for sale.

What was the production run of Godzilla anyway?

Never hurts to ask...
If you know of one for sale, I'd love to look at it.

I think rarity of machines is greatly affected by geography. Dr. WHO may seem hard to find in one area while I know of about 4 within spitting distance.

And, while 500 or so unit of Godzilla seems real low, I don't think those numbers are confirmed and they pop up in the US fairly often.

Drano
MAACA Priest

Postby Drano » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:35 am

So, I'm definitely converting this to a WTB thread.
I got to play the game at a recent event and I now know enough to know I want to spend more time on this machine.

I currently have some interesting trade possibilities or I can convert those into cash if a sale is preferred.

Any/all leads are appreciated

Coitusmysterioso
MAACA Collaborator

Re: :WTB: Where are all the Sega GODZILLA at?

Postby Coitusmysterioso » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:35 pm

Wow that looks like a cool game and appears to be unobtanium! I hope you find a nice one Drano!

Drano
MAACA Priest

Postby Drano » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:13 pm

Coitusmysterioso wrote:Wow that looks like a cool game and appears to be unobtanium! I hope you find a nice one Drano!

Nah... they are not impossible to find. Seems that they just seem to be more concentrated in certain regions vs. others.
I don't know if I buy into the 510 units listed on Pinside. IPDB refuses to state production units; likely because they are unconfirmed. It's common for some manufacturers not to disclose their production numbers.

There are machines I've hunted that are WAY more difficult to locate. It's generally not a stupid expensive machine either... probably due to it being a Sega ;)

Anyway, thank you. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

DrDude
MAACA Mage

Postby DrDude » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:18 pm

Drano wrote:I don't know if I buy into the 510 units listed on Pinside. IPDB refuses to state production units; likely because they are unconfirmed. It's common for some manufacturers not to disclose their production numbers.

Yeah, IPDB is very conservative on production numbers, unless they can confirm the accuracy of the source (typically direct from manufacturer's paper-work). Pinside, on the other hand, will quote a number that someone found stuck under a seat in a movie-theatre.
Grant Goodes
Stern: Meteor, Nineball, Seawitch, Lightning, Cheetah
Bally: Fathom x 2, Centaur
Gottlieb: Black Hole
Wanted: Catacomb, Solar Fire, Balls-a-Poppin Seawitch backglass
Lust-worthy: Funhouse, Skateball, Capersville

Drano
MAACA Priest

Postby Drano » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:49 pm

I know it's an older thread... but I guess i can finally put it to rest.

This arrived a couple of days ago!
One of the last few titles on my short list.

20171116_131726.jpg

Return to “Pinball Machines WANTED / Machines à Boules Recherchées”