Still looking: TRON

Wanted Pinball Machines only Please / Seulement machines à boules recherchées
World_of_Warships
MAACA Buck

Still looking: TRON

Post by World_of_Warships »

Still looking for a Tron PRO, something modded or not, or a Tron LE.

PM me if you are looking to sell, tks!

One of my favourite theme and movies, both the original and remake. I just read Disney may consider doing a sequel to Tron: Legacy. That would be fantastic!

And, yup, I am still thinking of doing a Tron themed game room in my basement. I can almost imagine the neon like effects and Daft Punk music! Gotta make use of all that free time at home!
Last edited by World_of_Warships on Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Already made it to Stage 2, I don't know if I should be looking forward to Stage 3! More information on pinball 'stages'
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

Btw, I also drive a Tier X Yamato in World of Warships (online gaming)

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko

Re: TRON LEGACY

Post by mrmikeman »

There are 2 versions IIRC. Regular (called Pro), and Limited edition (LE).

In the US average price for a Pro is around 10,000 CAD. LE is around 15,000 CAD.

They don’t come up for sale often so you have to be patient and be ready to pay lots. BTW your chances of finding one locally are slim to none. You have to be prepared to travel or deal with shipping.
Current Lineup:

PINS:
Medieval Madness Royal Edition - Mods: Merlin, Troll lighting
Stern Jurassic Park LE - Pinstadiums, Stern topper, mods: signs, watch tower, raptor pen, T-rex fence, pteranodon, and a few more
Wizard of Oz ECLE - Mods: witch, tornado, castle, crystal ball, emerald city, flaming pots, hot air balloon lighting
Star Trek the Next Generation - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board & speakers, full LED, LED&GI OCD, custom topper, ColorDMD
Doctor Who - Alt Translite, moving Dalek, full LED, Pinsound & shaker, LED&GI OCD, ColorDMD
Revenge from Mars - Running custom v2.21 on original hardware, Mods: saucer LEDs, 6-ball trough, knocker, shaker

Looking for:
Stern SW Prem/LE
Willy Wonka
LOTR

JUKES
Rock-Ola 446 - Up and running. Listed on Kijiji/FB.
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel.

Gone but not forgotten
So many... Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

best bet is to petition Stern for a Vault re-release, or you'll be paying out the nose.
Such a great little game.

I wouldn't bother for the LE, as you can get mods to make the Pro look like an LE.
Also you can get audio mods that insert the Daft Punk soundtrack into.
Definitely requires a subwoofer
WANTED: Stern Jurassic Park Pro, 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

World_of_Warships
MAACA Buck

mrmikeman wrote:There are 2 versions IIRC. Regular (called Pro), and Limited edition (LE).
In the US average price for a Pro is around 10,000 CAD. LE is around 15,000 CAD.
They don’t come up for sale often so you have to be patient and be ready to pay lots. BTW your chances of finding one locally are slim to none. You have to be prepared to travel or deal with shipping.
Many thanks for providing the info, I was wondering about typical pricing point for each model. I saw the PRO at 5,000 US + about 500 US shipping + 13% duties. Pricey! I guess it will be a while before we get to travel to the US anyway...
qwe.jpg
Already made it to Stage 2, I don't know if I should be looking forward to Stage 3! More information on pinball 'stages'

World_of_Warships
MAACA Buck

cait001 wrote:best bet is to petition Stern for a Vault re-release, or you'll be paying out the nose.
Such a great little game.
I wouldn't bother for the LE, as you can get mods to make the Pro look like an LE.
Agree with you and mrmikerman, looks like it should be the TRON PRO at any rate.
Daft Punk Derezzed Remix? Count me in, and, yes, definitaly requires that base sound!

dr.nybble
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by dr.nybble »

Did you check the classified archives? I think $5000 is too low.
White Water ~ Black Rose ~ Monopoly ~ DE Star Wars ~ Top Score ~ Heat Wave ~ Gay '90s ~ Dungeons & Dragons ~ Spitfire

World_of_Warships
MAACA Buck

dr.nybble wrote:Did you check the classified archives? I think $5000 is too low.
No I didn't, however I did email about the price. So, it would come to about 7,000 CAD... maybe it seems too low, but with current market conditions, could be.

World_of_Warships
MAACA Buck

Re: WANTED: TRON PRO

Caution: pinballshore.com
See following post about this website being a scam:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic ... llshorecom

:no :no :no

Just in case someone reads this post, I mentioned pinballshore.com, as a possible US website where to buy pinballs. Turns out it's a scam.

I guess I thought they were either trying to sell off some machines (many retails or wholesales in the US have done so recently). When I emailed, I enquired about the sale price not worth it due to import fees, taxes, shipping and mostly the exchange rate. However, that person indicated I could make an offer...well, that was certainly too good to be true, so I googled it...Beware!

World_of_Warships
MAACA Buck

Re: WTB: TRON PRO or LE

Bump

Hammerhead
MAACA Half-ling

Post by Hammerhead »

cait001 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:52 pm
Cosmetically this is true, but only the LE comes with the Daft Punk Multiball. Is it worth the premium pricetag?
I am François du Grimm, and I will get medieval on your derriere!

World_of_Warships
MAACA Buck

Hammerhead wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:40 am
cait001 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:52 pm
Cosmetically this is true, but only the LE comes with the Daft Punk Multiball. Is it worth the premium pricetag?
I read advice going both ways.. a lot of LE players saying they were happy going from PRO to LE. Other than Daft Punk Multiball, there are the drop targets and the moving recognizer. Does that mean no Multiball at all with the Pro?

Also, I think we can all agree the market went crazy for that pin at one point, hopefully I can now get a fair price on one.. hopefully! Lol

Hammerhead
MAACA Half-ling

Post by Hammerhead »

You still have Quorra, Light Cycle, Disc and Portal multiballs, just not Daft Punk.
I am François du Grimm, and I will get medieval on your derriere!

World_of_Warships
MAACA Buck

Hammerhead wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:29 pm
You still have Quorra, Light Cycle, Disc and Portal multiballs, just not Daft Punk.
Cool, didn't know all those were in. Agreed then that it may not justify the difference, especially if you can mod it the way you want.

World_of_Warships
MAACA Buck

Re: Still looking: TRON

Bump darnit!! I thought I had found one, but noooo

Return to “Pinball Machines WANTED / Machines à Boules Recherchées”