The thread that should not be..

numero 6
MAACA Super Contributor

The thread that should not be..

Post by numero 6 »

I receive my NIB METALLICA MOP L.E soon. Before opening it, I take advantage to offer it in straight trade for MM huo, high end restaured or mint condition. My pinball is not to sell and i'm not interest by other title.
I'm not here for a competition. I'm here to share and a passion of hobby.

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 425 times
Been liked: 258 times

Re: FT: NIB Metallica MOP L.E.

Post by Mrhide »

LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

Movingpictures
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Movingpictures »

Thanks for another great post MrHide.
You are an asset to the hobby and Maaca.
Merci!
:FP: :FP:

mrxsiv
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by mrxsiv »

I didn't know that HUO MM is only going for $8500 these days. Where do I get one?
Have: TZ (HUO), FG (HUO), SS, ACDC(premium HUO), IM (HUO), STLE (HUO), TAF, T2, CFTBL, MM(LE), Night Rider, SM, Gorgar, Elektra, EBD, DILE, DPLE
Looking for:Captain Fantastic, Evel Knievel, GOTLE
Coming soon: ?

For Sale: Dialed In LE- open to offers.

Vids:Asteroids, Millipede
Gone and missed: TSPP, Getaway HS2, Space Station, Monopoly, TAF, Flintstones, Tommy, GE007, RBION, FT, STTNG, TOTAN, TOM, IJ, Super Mario Brothers, Jackbot, TFTC, RS, WH20, RFM, BSD, WWF Royal Rumble, NF, BDK, AFM, SM, MM, LOTR LE, MB, FH, TRON, CV, HULK LE, WOZ, MET, Sopranos, Frankenstein,

cdnpinballer
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 3 times

Post by cdnpinballer »

Attachments
charge!.png
charge!.png (60.64 KiB) Viewed 3966 times

numero 6
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by numero 6 »

It seems my comment is very clear. Thus, if you have nothing to suggest or to say interesting, I make call up to your good judgment and i would ask you to pass in the next post. I shall apply the same politics on your post. Thank you for your understanding.
I'm not here for a competition. I'm here to share and a passion of hobby.

cdnpinballer
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cdnpinballer »

Steve,

Does that mean you didn't like my cartoon?

I'll give you some credit because you've got balls to come on here and suggest that trade. For that I commend you but you have to expect people not to take this seriously.

Or, were you actually being serious in this trade offer?

Steph
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 49 times

Post by Steph »

ALJO wrote:I think that he meant that he would trade plus cash for a mint MM, but he must of forgot to mention it in his post.
um,
numero 6 wrote: I take advantage to offer it in straight trade for MM huo, high end restaured or mint condition.
----

I usually never comment on other people's sales thread,
but I have to admit that this one seemed a little "out there" when I saw it ...

An HUO MM can easily go for $12k-$15K (easy) .... if you can find one for sale...

But then, there is no point in passing judgement on this ad
because anyone with an MM knows exactly what it's worth.

That is all.

Steph
2084 : Last Hope for Humanity

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

ALJO wrote:I know Steve well and think that he meant that he would trade plus cash
I don't know Steve (although I like his taste in spy characters) but Also, how can you speak for Steve? He said "straight trade" in English. LOL!

I'm having a joke at both your expense, but really, more power to numero 6.

If he manages to attract and pull off the trade, then so it will be a miracle, he'll be the Master of Puppets - and we'll all be jealous. ;)

juztbecause
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by juztbecause »

The man offered a trade, either you are interested or you are not no ?

After all I have seen crazier things, but I won't price police that's what KLOV is for.
Fun Fact: Why even eat Corn? It comes out just the same. We might as well eat pennies or little watch batteries. It would serve the same function.

viperboy
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by viperboy »

I don't know Steve (although I like his taste in spy characters) but Also, how can you speak for Steve? He said "straight trade" in English. LOL!

Sure you do, it's RSSS from the old site remember ?

ballyhoo
MAACA Valued Contributor
Been liked: 4 times

Post by ballyhoo »

juztbecause wrote:The man offered a trade, either you are interested or you are not no ?

After all I have seen crazier things, but I won't price police that's what KLOV is for.
+1
That's perfectly resumed!!!
Cyclone - Black Knight Sword of Rage - Heavy Metal Meltdown - Nitro Ground Shaker - Pinbot - Venom - Pinball Pool - Bride of Pinbot - TAXI - NARC(mame) - Sega Mini Turbo - Sega Mini Monaco GP - Robotron - Warlords (cocktail)

"L'ennui en ce monde est que les imbéciles sont sûr d'eux et les gens sensés pleins de doutes"

cdnpinballer
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cdnpinballer »

ballyhoo wrote:
juztbecause wrote:The man offered a trade, either you are interested or you are not no ?

+1

I completely disagree.

If he did not want comments on this thread he should have kept posting it for sale or trade on Kijiji where no one can comment. This is a discussion forum meant for discussion.

juztbecause
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by juztbecause »

cdnpinballer wrote:
ballyhoo wrote:

+1

I completely disagree.

If he did not want comments on this thread he should have kept posting it for sale or trade on Kijiji where no one can comment. This is a discussion forum meant for discussion.

Please point out to me the location of where on this site it states a seller must be subject to such in the for sale section. I also believe that it states interested parties should communicate by PM to keep the posting clean. I see no indication of where he asked for feedback, comment or opinions.

Was there not some talk about this such matter previously as it almost always turns into a pissing match.

I would be more concerned that his posting states that he is soon to receive and that he currently does not possess the item he offers for trade however since the trade does not interest me I have not PM'd him about it therefore it becomes irrelevant.
Fun Fact: Why even eat Corn? It comes out just the same. We might as well eat pennies or little watch batteries. It would serve the same function.

Pinball.Customs
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Pinball.Customs »

ballyhoo wrote:

+1
+1billion.
http://www.pinballcustoms.com

CHECK OUT MY BLOG! PB Customs' Whacky Mod Hacktorium!

Maker of hand-made pinball mods since 2008!

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

A "pissing match" is where people try to out-compete each other for a dubious honour, right?

I see that traditionally:

Classified that are good deals attract supportive comments and also get scooped up quickly.

Fishing expeditions in a private collector's forum attract criticisms from people who don't like someone making a better profit than they are and tend to linger on and create unwarranted tension. ;)

The OP is getting lots of Bumps on his thread regardless. If he makes the trade he is looking for, who will have the last laugh?

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

I think we can all rest assured that if someone has a HUO MM, they know what it is worth and won't be naively suckered in to an uneven trade, unknowingly.
Last edited by cait001 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

ballyhoo
MAACA Valued Contributor
Been liked: 4 times

Post by ballyhoo »

cdnpinballer wrote:
ballyhoo wrote:

+1

I completely disagree.

I disagree with your disagreement.

I think that there is two concepts that are often mix on MAACA. A discussion is an exchange of points of view between peoples. This is exactly what this forum is for and other forums are about. Usually, when it's done properly with respect of the other one, positive things can emerge of this. But here what we see is not discussion... it’s called criticism or even worse, intimidation. Criticism is always use for one purpose; Raise yourself above others by either bashing on others to make you think that you are far superior or make believe that you know more stuff than anybody else. For me, criticism if not follow by something constructive, is use by people that have affective problems often tie to their childhood. I will stop here or I will charge you for this consultation. But please don't take peoples for idiots, if you were piss by Steve's offer the best way to react was to let it go and ignore it. Mr. Hide exactly knows what he was doing in using this picture. Certain sites kick peoples out when they do such a thing that is known to be trolling!
Cyclone - Black Knight Sword of Rage - Heavy Metal Meltdown - Nitro Ground Shaker - Pinbot - Venom - Pinball Pool - Bride of Pinbot - TAXI - NARC(mame) - Sega Mini Turbo - Sega Mini Monaco GP - Robotron - Warlords (cocktail)

"L'ennui en ce monde est que les imbéciles sont sûr d'eux et les gens sensés pleins de doutes"

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

ballyhoo wrote: I disagree with your disagreement.
I see your disagreement, and raise a disagreement.

Because I can play both sides here and this has become an engaging discussion. (There is no truth to the rumour that all MAACA For Sale Threads get transformed into heated discussions. Just some of them!) :lol:

I think there's a difference between "intimidating" someone to lower their asking price in order to gain the advantage of a purchase, and pointing out the disparity - for the edification of both the OP and potentially any trader - that there is generally considered to be somewhere around a $4000+ spread between the the current NIB asking price of a Metallica MOP LE and a HUO MM.

Given that most of us already know that, perhaps you are right that it need not be said, but wasn't numero 6 being somewhat insulting then to propose such in a collector's environment such as this?

And I think Mrxsiv pretty much made the best point eloquently and without intimidating malice.
Mr. Hide exactly knows what he was doing in using this picture.
If I understand Mr. Hide's post (and I don't normally), I think he called a MOP, a mop - right? Wasn't it meant to be ironic humour as opposed to intimidation? Wearing a mop = crazy = straight trading your HUO MM for a NIB MMOP?

I've met Mr. Hide, though, and in saying that he may have affective problems tied to his childhood - you may be on to something... or were you purposely trying to insult just about everyone associated with the hobby in order to make your point = intimidation!? :FP:

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 425 times
Been liked: 258 times

Post by Mrhide »

ballyhoo wrote: Mr. Hide exactly knows what he was doing in using this picture. Certain sites kick peoples out when they do such a thing that is known to be trolling!
Mrhide ya posté ca en voyant le titre du thread qui disait "metallica MOP(PE!) EDITION" !! c'est pour ca qu'il y a une MOPPE sur la tête du gars dans la photo!

Il a rien dit d'autre pis si t'appelle ca troller, j'pense que la mope devrait changé de tête!!
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

cdnpinballer
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cdnpinballer »

What Wayne said.

And, IMO all bets were off with respect to the general forum rules when the OP posted such an outlandish trade offer.

When you post that kind of nonsense you should be willing and ready to take any discussion, criticism and or intimidation.

cdnpinballer
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cdnpinballer »

I would still like to find out if the op is serious and on what basis he believes a NIB MOPLE to equate to an HUO MM. There is a discussion to be had there!

the loafer
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by the loafer »

Stie Phil, té un calique de troublemaker! ;)

Sometimes some responses are harsh and other times they are supportive of our brothers and sisters pinheads. I know many believe in "buyer beware" but I can guarantee you some owners of a HUO who aren't in the know of the pinball community do NOT know the worth of a HUO great shape MM. I know because I met one, his face was kind of freakish when he found out the worth of his pin (and that was in the 8K days...). So who looks out for those people? Or is it "I don't know you so too bad"? I guess its a fine line...

Anyway, I've seen worse "attacks" eheh

Movingpictures
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Movingpictures »

ballyhoo wrote:Mr. Hide exactly knows what he was doing in using this picture.
At least MrHide has graduated from posting racist pictures of downtrodden African Americans smoking crack cocaine in for sale threads.

ballyhoo wrote:Certain sites kick peoples out when they do such a thing that is known to be trolling!
That won't happen here, MrHide is 'protected' by the powers that be.
After all, he does have a long history of being a serious ass-hat.
This history is most likely the reason why many refer to him as the maaca village idiot.

Last edited by Movingpictures on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foonleclown
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by foonleclown »

Mrhide wrote:Image

Moi j'en veux pas, j'en ai deja en route une MOPPE LE :lol
Mame (Francis)