The THANKS-giving thread

Talk about anything that you would like.
novaguy
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 2 times

Re: The THANKS-giving thread

Post by novaguy »

Which woody did you get?
Ted

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by WARLOCK »

Ted,
Golden Gloves - The Williams woodrail addition I was missing so far.
Bumper, Cinderella, Marathon, and Golden Gloves are all on deck to 100% restore.
Maybe one or two more if the correct titles become available. Hunting pre-1960 items only.
Thanks.
Cheers.
Scott

A 1930's, 1940's, 1950's and 1960's woodrail for each decade for those watching. Woo hoo!

monty
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by monty »

as year end is rapidly approaching i'd like to send out the following thank-yous. i pretty much dove head first into this hobby in 2014 and in the short time i've been collecting i've met a TON of great people! i look forward to meeting more.

owners/admins of MAACA - this is a great resource loaded with years of knowledge and experience and i appreciate the community. without it, i probably wouldn't even own a pin.
pinhead who has provided countless amount of assitance to me in this hobby as well as passing on a ton of general pinball and tech knowledge. have spent a fair bit of time drinking beers and shooting the shit with him at Targ in 2014! great dude who has helped a LOT of Ottawa people.
MadTitan and everyone who assists with the OPGS year after year. this is a fuckin huge undertaking and one which is commendable!
the operators (pinhead/MadTitan) and staff/owners/patrons at House of Targ.
WilliamsFan who has helped me find, procure, and move more than a few pins in my collection! this guy has gone out of his way for me on more than a few occasions.
hippochrome who sold me my first pin and helped me move another (he warned me they would multiply).
ShootAgain who sold me my 2nd pin, which was one of the very first pins i ever saw/played as a kid.
movingpictures and the Montreal Punk Pinball League crew.

finally i'd like to thank anyone who came out to my tournament/meets at House of Targ! it was great to meet more than a few MAACA users who came out to support. i appreciate it and i look forward to growing the local tournament pinball scene in 2015.

thanks!

-Monty

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Drano »

Well, it's 2015 and I can't sleep after a huge family gathering and New Years party. It could be all the drinking ;)

It's been a couple of days now but I wanted to make sure one final good deed of 2014 was recognized.
I big thank you to Sparky for, first, collecting my Bally Eight Ball from ottawa... and then, earlier this week, delivering it the GTA for me.
It's always great to see you Ian. Your enthusiasm is contagious and I greatly appreciate all of your efforts on my (and others') behalf.

Happy new year everyone; and I will endeavour to earn at least as many thanks this year as I give out.
Now that seems like a good resolution!

Adriano

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

There is so much to be thankful for in the last 3 years, I just can't even begin...
Thank you my friends. This will be another amazing, fantastic and awesome year.

All the very best everyone.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

WARLOCK wrote:There is so much to be thankful for in the last 3 years, I just can't even begin...
Thank you my friends. This will be another amazing, fantastic and awesome year.

All the very best everyone.
One should be able to post at least one thing a day on this thread, and if you are not willing to post, try to at least acknowledge your blessings privately. I believe that there is so much to be thankful for in and through this pinball machine resurgence of late, this is a very special time to be alive no matter what craziness awaits.

I for one would like to say thank you for being able to earn a living through this mechanical passion. And I am also greatful for all the members who have become good friends via this forum. Crazy shit I tell ya, just being alive and such, completely wild and wonderful these days. Here's hoping and working at keeping things exciting and vibrant.

Kapla !

Oh yeah, one more thing. If you can't come up, I mean absolutely can't come up with anything to be thankful for in your here and now, then make a change in your life so that you can come up with something, I think that thanking is essential to living a good life somehow.

Rob
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

24 hours has passed; and, I am more thankful for all that this life provides than can be relayed here.
So, I simply say this:

Dream. Think. Attempt. Do. Achieve. (Repeat until correct)
All the very best.

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Drano »

Sending out a huge thanks to Mr. Cooke for his help is diagnosing and repairing the electronic "chime" section of my Interflip Dragon sound board.
Now I can once again annoy the entire family with glorious bleeps, bloops and chirps!!! YAY!!!

ShootAgain
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by ShootAgain »

Je voudrais remercier Guy (geester) pour m'avoir échangé sa belle WH20 sachant que ma femme adorait cette game...et pour la super hospitalité...la bière coulait à flot! :mrgreen:
J'espère que tu aimes ta Metallica.

Je voudrais remercier mad pour m'avoir vendu sa belle WPT... et pour la super hospitalité...la soupe de ta femme était délicieuse!
J'espère que tu regrettes pas trop ta WPT :roll: et que tu profites de ta WOF... :)

Je voudrais remercier RAB pour avoir la gentillesse de m'envoyer des pièces à Gatineau et ce sur son propres temps...comme si il avait juste ça à faire le gars ;)
Sans des gars comme toi, les gars comme moi ne pourrait pas profiter de leurs pinballs aussi facilement¹ :)

Je voudrais remercier tout ceux qui ont été sur mon chemin pendant la derniére année...sans vous le hobby ne serait pas le même.

Longue vie à maaca!

On se revoit à Allentown!!!
It's only Pinball! Carry on, BUCKO!

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

Tiens Robert tu m'as donné le goût :mrgreen:

Je voudrais remercier ShootAgain pour le trouble qu'il s'est donné à faire des beaux chandails de MAACA personalisés pour le derniw show d'Ottawa, super apprécié.. as-tu prévu relancer ca pour Allentown ? :mrgreen: :lol:

I would like to thank ShootAgain for the great personalized MAACA tshirts for the Ottawa show. VERY cool.

Also, i would like to thank Scott(Warlock) for being such a great guy overall. He knows why, more on this soon ;-)
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Much appreciated Sylvain.

However, I only went half way to where I should have really gone to.
Tonight, I will rectify that and go where my heart told me to go originally.

All the very best my friend.

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

I am still excited this morning that you decided to take the step further Scott.

Lending me the game was already awesome, but selling it back to me is the cherry on the cake :mrgreen:

It WILL be LOVED and PLAYED.

An extra thanks to my brother Sparky, without who this could not happen. Thanks for driving all the way to TO again crazy Metro :mrgreen: And for the rest.. of course.. :D
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Thankful today for the few beacons of competency which are guiding my thoughts these days. They say that when you are weary and looking for an answer you will hear them come through symbols in other people's actions and words. The real danger is standing at the crossroads and not being able to hear or see what is coming at you.

Like the Robert Johnson song, - "standing at the crossroads, trying to get myself a ride."

There have been lots of versions of the lyrics to this song during the last century, yet the intitial essence of "standing at the crossroads" connotes being thoughtful/receptive in waiting for an opportunity before making a choice. I like that very much.

In fact, the words think and thank are very closely related in sound, spelling and in their Germanic roots. Martin Heidegger thought they were essentially the same thing when it came to the "big B" state of being.

OK, that's enough. :D

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Lots of thanks in store that require mentioning.
Thanks to Brock for offering me your Tron.

Thanks to those buying pins, vids and parts from me.
Thanks to my friends for great advice and keeping me on the path.

Thanks to those great friendships in Ontario and Quebec in such a great hobby.
Thanks to those friends (who know who they are) who encourage you, regardless of: repair, journey or competition.

Thanks to Drano for tonight. Installing an Eli Ramp kit in Tron in record time! (Smoking!) Only you Beta tester!
Thanks to Brewmanager and Williams Fan (upcoming) who will assist and deliver when I am otherwise occuppied.
Thanks to the new owner of "Tron" without whom I could not snag another different "grail". Dibs please and thanks.

All the very best.

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Drano »

I seem to be a little behind myself.

My little woodrail parts finding mission has yielded some great missing parts and some more to come soon.

I need to send out a big thank you to Jean-Francois, Robert and Ted for your contributions to these wonderful projects so far.

And, Warlock is also bringing me back something nice from Montreal this weekend... so thanks right back at you Scott :D

monty
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by monty »

WARLOCK wrote: Thanks to Drano for tonight. Installing an Eli Ramp kit in Tron in record time! (Smoking!) Only you Beta tester!
Thanks to Brewmanager and Williams Fan (upcoming) who will assist and deliver when I am otherwise occuppied.
so i now have a Tron Pro in my possession and i have more than a few people to thank. first and foremost thanks to WARLOCK for making the transaction happen. very much appreciated.

DRANO - excellent job on the Eli ramp kit. i would have butchered it had i attempted an install myself. hope Scott provided a few drinks during the process. thanks man!

special thanks to Brewmanager and Williams Fan for arranging pickup/delivery.

hope to meet some more of the GTA crew soon!

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Drano »

We should've timed ourselves... but Scott and I must've got that ramp kit installed in record time :)
I guess it's easier the 2nd time around and mine is one of the original 3 beta test kits that were hand built by Eli. I even had to make my own wiring harness and aluminum mounts for the light emitters... which are 4x the size of these new ones. These production units are a breeze by comparison.

Thanks to Scott for bringing me another JPOP gem. Only fitting since he took my last one :P

A huge thank you to Robert as well for scrounging through your cache of parts for me.
Hopefully I'll be able to do those old games some justice.

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

This thread sounds like the Academy Awards. ;)

I'm thankful to have yet one more contract even if it meant driving 6 hours across southern ontario to return to the homeland. Let's see what I can find out here for pins and maybe step into the Playdium store to see if their parts manager has half the class as their Montreal counterpart.
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Drano »

Chris Silver wrote:This thread sounds like the Academy Awards. ;)
Damn! I knew I forgot to thank my producer :(

I had originally intended the thread to be used to call out specific people and their individual acts of kindness, but whatever people wanna be thankful for is fine by me.

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Drano »

A quick shout out to spiroagnew for his help in moving and setting up an Official Baseball last night!

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

I am thankful for all my friends who assist me on a daily basis in this "crazy, wild, fun" hobby.
You know who you all are; there are so many to thank, and I greatly appreciate your assistance.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Thanks in advance to those men of strong determination and vision. I know I will be soliciting some of the guys on MAACA for the weekend of the 25th, when the moving of the what remains as essential to me in this shop needs to move to the new hideout. Things are moving along nicely on the personal front, and for this I thank my lucky stars, whoever the frag set those up.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Now that the dust is almost done settling in unit # 303 on Pitt street after the great debacle of last month's escapades, I can declare that my friends and I are safely out of this industrial spaces' breathing range. Hence, I can more consciously and intentionally be thankful towards those who helped ease the enormity of this transition.

Moving the Montreal Pinball shop and my personal life at the same time was nothing short of exhausting. I was not always the most pleasant man to be around, and tonysaprano can attest to this, yet he was there more often than he needed to be. And instead of being thankful for the help that was offered, I was telling those who came to help that they didn't know shit about packing a box or handling moving equipment. Not in those words, probably worse. So I hope I didn't lose too many friends during this uprooting. I will eventually throw a thank you party in a better location than Pitt street this summer for those who can still stand being around me while I hold a tape gun.

So for now, I want to thank those who helped if that is at all possible after all that was said and done on Pitt street.

Big Dave
tonysaprano
TerryZ
Mike
raw salmon
Gojira
Phil & Mark K
mbudman
Fred R
motrin
Anne-Genevieve
Louis-Daniel
Chris Silver
Warlock

And a shout out to all those (too many to name) who picked up stuff that I didn't want to move anymore. Lots and lots of weight was lifted through the five garage sales which took place during the month of April.

Spring is here Gis.

R.A.B.

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Drano »

It's been a while since I've sent out a big thank you but I was holding off as I knew that my recent Official Baseball restoration would offer me plenty of opportunity.

I have a ton of people to thank for their support and assistance on this project.

Firstly, Spiroagnew was a huge help in assisting me to bring the game home in the first place and then further assisted me a great deal in acquiring many of the key parts I needed for the restore.
A huge thanks to my buddy Mike in Minnesota for selflessly offering to throw his metalworking capabilities at this task and custom making a missing player bracket for me.
Several Pinsiders and long time EM P&B guys assisted me in the parts department as well. Pete, Dave, Joe, Mike, Mickey etc.... Hope I haven't missed anyone.
And also a big thanks to Cooke for his help in diagnosing a few bugs once I had it all re-assembled and then, of course, Warlock himself for providing transport for the game to Allentown and ensuring I had room on the way back by bringing my other game home.

A huge thank you to all.
Hopefully, I haven't missed anyone.
Last edited by Drano on Sat May 09, 2015 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

I am grateful.
I am thankful.

End of post number 2000.
You all know who you are.

Thank you all.