Ultimate Stern Pinball Fan - Semi Finalists Vote

Talk about anything that you would like.
monty
MAACA Super Contributor

Ultimate Stern Pinball Fan - Semi Finalists Vote

Post by monty »

Stern just announced the semi-finalists for their 'Ultimate Stern Pinball Fan' contest and there are a few familiar faces including MAACA users Jays and Vengeance

Go vote here - voting is open until December 16th and the grand prize winner gets a Stern Premium model!

http://www.ultimatesternpinballfan.com/

MaskedVillianPinball
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Ultimate Stern Pinball Fan - Semi Finalists Vote

Post by MaskedVillianPinball »

lol i was just about to submit this exact topic.

GO VOTE PEOPLE!
MaskedVillian

Pins: Panthers
Gone: Bally Night Rider EM, Gottlieb Airport EM, Stern Magic

Jays
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Jays »

IF WE ARE THE WINNERS, WE WILL GIVE BACK!

it just takes one click under Jason Flansberry picture (now everyone knows my full name)
http://www.ultimatesternpinballfan.com

THE IDEA:
The chosen Pinball will be setup at different locations. The final location will host a tournament on the game named something like ''A GAME CHANGER TOUR, Play with Balls to Save Some''! 50% of the returns will be given away to the winner of the tournament and the other 50% will be donated to a help a good cause, breast or prostate cancer research, which would be randomly selected by the tournament winner! Every year, we will try to redo the same tour with the Pinball right before Christmas.

Attach is our contest images!!!!
Attachments
jason-ultimate-small.jpg
Last edited by Jays on Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoapyMule
MAACA Valued Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by SoapyMule »

So sour I didn't get selected; but if I'm going to lose, I'm glad it was to a legit submission like yours. I'll definitely send a vote your way.

If you win, are you going for Batman 66?

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Fifty »

Does anyone with multiple Stern pinball machines in their entry really deserve to win? I mean, they already have a shit ton of Stern machines so what's another one added to their pile? Plus the guy with the Porsche and the pin box on top of the car, well... he has a Porsche.

You got my vote Jay, but you almost lost my vote to the guy on the scooter. Ultimately I didn't vote for him because his entry would have been more funny if he lifted the front wheel. Even if it was just an inch.

Jays
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Jays »

Fifty wrote:Does anyone with multiple Stern pinball machines in their entry really deserve to win? I mean, they already have a shit ton of Stern machines so what's another one added to their pile? Plus the guy with the Porsche and the pin box on top of the car, well... he has a Porsche.

You got my vote Jay, but you almost lost my vote to the guy on the scooter. Ultimately I didn't vote for him because his entry would have been more funny if he lifted the front wheel. Even if it was just an inch.
LOL Thank You !!! I am not gona lie, a wheelie would have been awesome! I feel the same about other contester! I don't own any games of this value and my collections is on the really small side, with more projects than actual playing games. But, If I won, I would love to setup the game at different locations on free play and do a little tournament at the end! I will throw money from my pocket for the win to give back to the community!!!

Jays
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Jays »

SoapyMule wrote:So sour I didn't get selected; but if I'm going to lose, I'm glad it was to a legit submission like yours. I'll definitely send a vote your way.

If you win, are you going for Batman 66?
Yeah Batman was kind of high on my list but it's the GF that will choose!!!! it's her gift!!!

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

Nick Angel, TOPL host since 1999, is VERY close with his pins.
Attachments
Nick.Angel_In.Bed.with.Star.Trek.png

Jays
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Jays »

If we win we though about giving back to the community in a different form!! What do you guy think about this?

The chosen Pinball will be setup at different locations. The final location will host a tournament on the game named something like ''A GAME CHANGER TOUR, Play with Balls to Save Some''! 50% of the returns will be given away to the winner of the tournament and the other 50% will be donated to a help a good cause, breast or prostate cancer research, which would be randomly selected by the tournament winner! Every year, we will try to redo the same tour with the Pinball right before Christmas.

quarter grabber
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by quarter grabber »

Just voted for Adam, I hope he wins :D

Jays
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Jays »

quarter grabber wrote:Just voted for Adam, I hope he wins :D
:(

quarter grabber
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by quarter grabber »

Jays wrote:
quarter grabber wrote:Just voted for Adam, I hope he wins :D
:(
Sorry I'm sure you're a super nice guy but I know Adam and so is he. Good luck Jays :D

pinballsmurf
MAACA New Contributor

Post by pinballsmurf »

Another vote for Jays

Good luck.
Genie, Hulk, Hook, Robocop, Baseball, Black Knight, Aladdins Castle, Captain Fantastic, Card Whiz, Mata Hari, Kick off
Ms Pacman, Qbert, Burgertime, Ice Cold Beer, Chexx Hockey, Kixx Soccer, Perky, Evel Knievel, Playboy

Jays
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Jays »

Thank Guys it is really appreciated!!!
I will turn the favor!!!
I really hope to win so this: Play a ball, save balls! little event can take place and I'm not gonna lie I would love a NIB game so I can play on it too!!!

monty
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by monty »

just in case people aren't aware - you can vote once per 24 hours!

twnotter
MAACA Valued Contributor
Been liked: 2 times

Post by twnotter »

Voted for Jays!!

Awesome idea to give back to the community
Pins: Bally KISS, Flash, Class of 1812, Target Gallery, Genesis, Wipeout, Wild Card, Top Ten, OXO

Vids: Speed Buggy

Vengeance
MAACA OG

Post by Vengeance »

Fifty wrote:Does anyone with multiple Stern pinball machines in their entry really deserve to win? I mean, they already have a shit ton of Stern machines so what's another one added to their pile? Plus the guy with the Porsche and the pin box on top of the car, well... he has a Porsche.

I really like Stern pinball, another machine would be amazing and I really appreciate the opportunity to try and win.

It's not just "another machine for the pile" I've been in this hobby for a very long time, I've done allot and still do allot for the community, this machine will help in allot of ways. It will be great to share another of Stern's latest and greatest with the local leagues that visit me and enjoy my collection.

I'm also going to be hosting the first ever in Canada IFPA World Championship in 2018 and this machine will help add 1 more to my collection while I still need to add about 15 more to meet the needs of the tournament.

I also plan to start running in 2017 large scale multiple day tournaments which is a rarity here in Canada, a new Stern would help give me another machine I could rely on for that.

Either way, winning would be HUGE to me and no small thing, so if you vote for me I'd really appreciate it.
Adam B.

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Fifty »

It's awesome that so many of you made it to the finals. I wish everyone good luck! I hope you all make it to the final 3! After that, it's up to Stern.

Good luck!

Vengeance
MAACA OG

Post by Vengeance »

Fifty wrote:It's awesome that so many of you made it to the finals. I wish everyone good luck! I hope you all make it to the final 3! After that, it's up to Stern.

Good luck!
Actually after they cut the field down to 3, they just reset the votes and start again.

So vote early, vote often, vote daily both myself and Jason appreciate any votes we get!
Adam B.

Jays
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Jays »

Like everybody else, I am reading comments all over social media and forums! People are talking about this contest and the way it has been held! They are talking about cheating while using different methods. At the beginning, people were all voting the right way, then someone discovered that it was possible to vote more than once using incognito and deleting cache and history of their browser. Even someone that was helping them using this method told me I should send to Stern the evidence that they were doing it.

Before the Facebook and Podcast announcement, the Vote over IP method was considered ''if you read their rules'' cheating. After the announcement, not anymore. Now that everyone is using it, it seems like no one has an advantage anymore, so doing it non-stop is time-consuming and doing it just to keep up is not fun anymore. So now, some contestants are pointing at others saying that they are obviously using other type of contest cheating, like buying votes, making bot, script, autohotkey, etc. But honestly, where this will stop, what's next to be considered not cheating anymore. If you read the rules, we are all cheaters. Stop pointing at others, if you got over 6000 votes obviously you didn't follow the rules! Yes, we the top contestants ''people over 6000'' are all cheaters, it's not a matter that who is the ultimate fan anymore, it's more who will not stop and find the fastest way to gain votes.

When I gathered 10 friends that night and voted for hours, others were pointing at me that I was cheating, but I simply had found a faster way doing it while drinking beer with friends and playing pinball on my beloved two games and you know what, because I was in front now, I was the one Cheating and not the other ones using the same technique while alone in their living room! So no matter who is going to be on top, there will always be someone pointing at him saying he was the one cheating. But obviously not following the rules automatically makes you also a cheater, just a slower one than the front leader!

Maybe it was Stern the biggest cheater not following their rules and letting us using the system to try to be on top while it was clearly written by them: "to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple votes from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple votes from the same computer in excess of that allowed by contest rules; fraudulent entry votes; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for voting."

As for my part, I am going to be straight forward, I have decided last Saturday after the Pinball Profile Podcast went online, to stop using vote over IP to try to win. It was too much time consuming for me and I prefer playing pinball than losing my time trying to win one!

Now, Good luck to all of you cheaters! Let the best cheater win so we can get all over this.

Jason The Cheating Photoshopped GB Pinball!

cdnpinballer
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cdnpinballer »

It's ironic that behaviors exhibited by Stern and contestants mirror some of the exact things happening in this hobby today and it's just really really sad. Shame on them.

Vengeance
MAACA OG

Post by Vengeance »

Jason the only person calling people a cheater is you and you didn't even have the balls to try and call me one using your real name over on PBrev only to be proven wrong and a liar.

I got no issues at all with the what is happening in the contest.

Stern made it clear, it's a free for all, do whatever the hell you want and that opened the flood gates.

Crisitn and Vince have found bots to do their voting, it's clear from the constant 24 hour cycle that they receive votes with, that and they still receive anywhere from 500 - 2000 votes between the hours of 1am - 8am and we all live in the same relative time zone.

Nick clearly bought votes considering that in the course of just under an hour he shot up 13,000 votes.

But all of that is within the realm of what is allowed, everyone can do exactly what everyone else is doing, so it is exactly within the confines of what Stern said is fine from a contest perspective. So I say more power to them. They figured out a way to win and are doing it.

You just sound like a whiny bitch baby who is upset that his chance of winning a new machine is going bye bye. I am honestly glad to a degree I'm not making top 3, now I can stop censoring myself and go back to the gigantic, say what I think at all times, asshole that I am.
Adam B.

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Post by OTTOgd »

Jays wrote:Like everybody else, I am reading comments all over social media and forums! People are talking about this contest and the way it has been held! They are talking about cheating while using different methods. At the beginning, people were all voting the right way, then someone discovered that it was possible to vote more than once using incognito and deleting cache and history of their browser. Even someone that was helping them using this method told me I should send to Stern the evidence that they were doing it.

Before the Facebook and Podcast announcement, the Vote over IP method was considered ''if you read their rules'' cheating. After the announcement, not anymore. Now that everyone is using it, it seems like no one has an advantage anymore, so doing it non-stop is time-consuming and doing it just to keep up is not fun anymore. So now, some contestants are pointing at others saying that they are obviously using other type of contest cheating, like buying votes, making bot, script, autohotkey, etc. But honestly, where this will stop, what's next to be considered not cheating anymore. If you read the rules, we are all cheaters. Stop pointing at others, if you got over 6000 votes obviously you didn't follow the rules! Yes, we the top contestants ''people over 6000'' are all cheaters, it's not a matter that who is the ultimate fan anymore, it's more who will not stop and find the fastest way to gain votes.

When I gathered 10 friends that night and voted for hours, others were pointing at me that I was cheating, but I simply had found a faster way doing it while drinking beer with friends and playing pinball on my beloved two games and you know what, because I was in front now, I was the one Cheating and not the other ones using the same technique while alone in their living room! So no matter who is going to be on top, there will always be someone pointing at him saying he was the one cheating. But obviously not following the rules automatically makes you also a cheater, just a slower one than the front leader!

Maybe it was Stern the biggest cheater not following their rules and letting us using the system to try to be on top while it was clearly written by them: "to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple votes from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple votes from the same computer in excess of that allowed by contest rules; fraudulent entry votes; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for voting."

As for my part, I am going to be straight forward, I have decided last Saturday after the Pinball Profile Podcast went online, to stop using vote over IP to try to win. It was too much time consuming for me and I prefer playing pinball than losing my time trying to win one!

Now, Good luck to all of you cheaters! Let the best cheater win so we can get all over this.

Jason The Cheating Photoshopped GB Pinball!
Well said, Jason, thanks!

I just hope a better technique will be used for the final three where their IMAGES get ONE vote ... somehow.

But I also hope the winning pin ball game comes to Canada!

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Post by OTTOgd »

Vengeance wrote:Jason the only person calling people a cheater is you and you didn't even have the balls to try and call me one using your real name over on PBrev only to be proven wrong and a liar.

Stern made it clear, it's a free for all, do whatever the hell you want and that opened the flood gates.

Crisitn and Vince have found bots to do their voting, it's clear from the constant 24 hour cycle that they receive votes with, that and they still receive anywhere from 500 - 2000 votes between the hours of 1am - 8am and we all live in the same relative time zone.

Nick clearly bought votes considering that in the course of just under an hour he shot up 13,000 votes.

But all of that is within the realm of what is allowed, everyone can do exactly what everyone else is doing, so it is exactly within the confines of what Stern said is fine from a contest perspective. So I say more power to them. They figured out a way to win and are doing it.

You just sound like a whiny bitch baby who is upset that his chance of winning a new machine is going bye bye. I am honestly glad to a degree I'm not making top 3, now I can stop censoring myself and go back to the gigantic, say what I think at all times, asshole that I am.
Yeah, I hope Nick wins too! TOPL will be pleased!

Jays
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Jays »

Vengeance wrote:Jason the only person calling people a cheater is you and you didn't even have the balls to try and call me one using your real name over on PBrev only to be proven wrong and a liar.

WOW simply WOW! You are so wrong about the whole thing! I didn't write or point anybody in this msg! I dont care about loosing I already give up since a while ago waaaay before nick made his move.

I stopped because of all this bashing and blabbermouth and many peoples can testified this. I dont have time to waste like others to vote non stop. Sorry if you felt point at. But what you just said about me just prove who the baby is now. I dont use word like that and i will not publicly.

But like you, I have friends that dont want me to stop this contest and they are still voting for me and yes some of them might directly point at you and others on the social media. but find one msg of me saying name, like you say it's babyish! And BTW dont make speculation you are doing it wrong.

Next time do your research and clean your mouth before saying my name or pointing at anybody it make thing worst! Give me your phone if you want i will call i dont mind at all.