Restored EM pinball Machines

Dave Astill
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 14 times

Restored EM pinball Machines

Post by Dave Astill »

I have a bunch of restored em machines , owner is leaving the hobby. I am helping him sell them.Some of the games are gorgeous , all are way above average shape. Located in Collingwood but delivery in the GTA is available for a fee.
Woodrail Queen of Hearts , full restore , new backglass , restencilled to original cabinet etc. Owner paid $2500 u.s. asking $2100 Canadian.

Woodrail Hi Diver , restored , in beautiful shape , misssing one relay $1800

Diamond Jack , rare add a ball version . Has restencilled cabinet backglass has some flaking , some wear on the playfield $1500

Flipper pool , overall very nice $$1500

Slick Chick restored , beautiful $1700

Discounts for multiple purchases. These are from a high end collection , they are not your typical patched up for flipping games.
Attachments
wdieds 035.JPG
wdieds 034.JPG
wdieds 032.JPG
wdieds 031.JPG
wdieds 030.JPG
wdieds 028.JPG
wdieds 026.JPG
wdieds 025.JPG
wdieds 024.JPG
wdieds 023.JPG
Providing hard to find pinball i.c.s. eprom service and more

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Re: Restored EM pinball Machines

Post by R.A.B. »

YIKES !!

I was hoping never to feel like this again upon gazing at a pinball machine.

Damn you @ Dave Astill :lol: (note: Dave is a long time acquaintance, so I think he knows that my previous comment is flippant)

That 1952 "Queen of Hearts" all restored and beautiful for 2k puts the hook in me and I really don't need to feel that way via a pinball machine at this stage of my life.

I bought one for cheap a few years ago and am saving it as a retirement restore project, but when I see her in this condition, I am seriously tempted to play with the Queen of Hearts before 2029. What a gorgeous example. I am (out of all people) having a tough time keeping my cool.

I will have to take the weekend to think about this, and if she is gone, then she is gone. Not the first time or the last time I see her.

Wayne Neyens who designed the game play said that this was his favorite design, it is in my opinion one of, if not the best Gottlieb woordail I ever played.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

R.A.B. wrote: I was hoping never to feel like this again upon gazing at a pinball machine.
That's a horrible thought Robert.

I remember seeing your Pitt Street project pin at the old wonderland and how mirthful you were to acquire such a treasure. The game intrigued me since then. I figured if a pinballologist such as yourself held this machine with such admiration it must be amazing.

I think you should treat yourself and buy it. Gamble another day.

I don't know Dave but I understand he has a great reputation. It would make for a good road trip.
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

Dave Astill
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Dave Astill »

I am happy to work something out.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

these are stunning. wow.
Are pictures for the other games forthcoming?
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

amona
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by amona »

Go for it Robert, you wont regret it. Especially if you stop in Lancaster on the way by and pick something up for me...

I think that is what is known as an ulterior motive
"Stern's biggest target demographic is men in their late forties and fifties, who might not be very skilled but are easily seduced by flashing lights, flippers and nostalgia." Corey McPherrin, FOX Chicago News

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

A big thank you goes out to Dave Astill for delivering the Queen of Hearts to me on Sunday morning in Toronto. She is stunning and now sits in my studio as majestic as she can be. I played her last night and I could not be happier about how beautiful she is and this piece of art has revived something in me.

My project 1952 GTB "Queen of Hearts" will be up for sale soon for 350 bones if anyone wants to take on the laborious task of saving another Queen, because that is what we do.

Rob

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

singlezero
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by singlezero »

I wish I had a chance to make it up to Daves to see that one. my the queen of hearts certainly fly around Ontario . probably have seen a half dozen in the last 6 months go on 5 and 6 hour trips jet setting across the province and beyond. Rab d you have pics of this one? ted pepper/nova guy has a project too., that we couldn't decide whod take at purchase but I may be interested in it.? we met a few times. I was there Saturday I was the old guy with the old machines out in the parking lot

Chris

4star
MAACA New Contributor

Post by 4star »

Chris
You can't be buying any more machines.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

singlezero wrote:I wish I had a chance to make it up to Daves to see that one. my the queen of hearts certainly fly around Ontario . probably have seen a half dozen in the last 6 months go on 5 and 6 hour trips jet setting across the province and beyond. Rab d you have pics of this one? ted pepper/nova guy has a project too., that we couldn't decide whod take at purchase but I may be interested in it.? we met a few times. I was there Saturday I was the old guy with the old machines out in the parking lot

Chris
I know who you are Chris, and if you are indeed the old guy with the old machines as you claim, then I am certainly the ancient guy with some old machines as well. Somebody has got to take care of these beauties.

Below is an old thread with pics, funny talk from Pitt street and an analysis detailing how my project GTB 1952 "Queen of Hearts" has paid the rent over and over again. I need to let her go now for something demanding less work and effort. I am getting older like everyone else and time is becoming too precious to restore yet another pin

350 takes it and God bless the Queen.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14426&p=137003&hili ... ts#p137003

EvanDickson
MAACA New Contributor

Post by EvanDickson »

Those are gorgeous Dave!

nbornstein@me.com
MAACA New Contributor

Post by nbornstein@me.com »

I live in Blue Mountains, and looking to buy my first machine and recreate my youth. Any suggestions?

Neil
nbornstein@me.com

singlezero
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by singlezero »

nbornstein@me.com wrote:I live in Blue Mountains, and looking to buy my first machine and recreate my youth. Any suggestions?

Neil
nbornstein@me.com

is there an era you are looking for in particular? 50s 60s 70s ems or early solid states or even a dmd? or perhaps a machine in particular?
Dave is excellent to buy from , but he is more into ss and dmd . if you are looking for an em machine theres a few people within an hour of you that may have something that is to your liking.

singlezero
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by singlezero »

funny I go to Daves for a set of plastic caps and I come home with 2 machines... oh and I didn't forget the slick chick pop bumper caps either.

Flipper pool came my way but the hi diver and diamond jack still there. Hi diver is a very beautiful machine.

thanks again dave

Dave Astill
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Dave Astill »

diamond jack and hi-diver are still available open to offers