I need a repair guy in ottawa

Vinlyguy16
MAACA New Contributor

I need a repair guy in ottawa

Post by Vinlyguy16 »

Folks I'm having trouble with a williams tri zone.... System 6i believe. System powers up but won't go into game mood. I need someone who can come over and take a look at it. I live in the west end of Ottawa and will pay for your help.

Thanks
Marc

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 425 times
Been liked: 258 times

Re: I need a repair guy in ottawa

Post by Mrhide »

Vinlyguy16 wrote:Folks I'm having trouble with a williams tri zone.... System 6i believe. System powers up but won't go into game mood. I need someone who can come over and take a look at it. I live in the west end of Ottawa and will pay for your help.

Thanks
Marc

I'm hearing "Mike" does a great job ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!

Sly
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Sly »

Mrhide wrote:
Vinlyguy16 wrote:Folks I'm having trouble with a williams tri zone.... System 6i believe. System powers up but won't go into game mood. I need someone who can come over and take a look at it. I live in the west end of Ottawa and will pay for your help.

Thanks
Marc

I'm hearing "Mike" does a great job ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
C
A
V
E
!
Hahahahahahhaha
Elektra Bally: Prepare for the Gamma Dimension! !!!
Last Action Hero Data East: To be, or not to be. Not to be !!!
Rollergames Williams: Go for the wall !!!
Big guns Williams: She's mine now! Ah ha ha ha !!!
TRON Stern: The grid, a digital frontier !!!
Baby Pacman Bally: Waka Waka Waka !!!
Stargate Gottlieb: Shoot the pyramide !!!

The best game is ALWAYS the one you dont have.

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Fifty »

How far west? I'm in Kanata. I'm not a full fledged repair guy with 30+ years experience, but I have experience, can read a schematic, I've done board work, flipper work, corrected sound issues, and have a 2 year college diploma in Electrical Engineering Technician course. I have never worked on Sys6i before but I'm willing to give it a try.

ShootAgain
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by ShootAgain »

System 3-7 *** The first thing you ever do when your machine isn't booting!

Rule #1 when trouble shooting an early Williams machine is to first "peel" apart the MPU and driver board and then reconnect them. Do this slowly and make sure you remove all of the screws securing the boards to the backbox. Each board is held in by six screws., however chances are your boards will not have six screws each, a clear indication that the machine has been worked on before.

The MPU board sits in a "tray" which somewhat locks it into place. You'll want to make sure the board is still in the tray when your peeling them apart. You'll also notice when you're taking the boards apart, how much the driver board flexes during this operation. The more times the boards are separated, the more chances that a small break will occur in the solder joints of the connectors.

Don't attempt to clean the connectors with anything other than a soft towel. Using any abrasive on them will create small pockets where more dirt can collect and cause the boards to fail even quicker the next go round.

Once you've peeled the boards apart, just reconnect them again. Make sure that the MPU board is properly seated in its tray, then from left to right start pushing the driver board back over the pins. Don't force the board, if it doesn't go on properly, start over again.

Once you've put the boards back together, reattach the boards to the backbox with at least two screws apiece. Then remove and reconnect all of the header connectors on both boards.

Now power your machine back up again. You may be pleasantly surprised to see it working again and you can pat yourself on the back for a job

http://pinball.flippers.info/system6repairpart2.asp
It's only Pinball! Carry on, BUCKO!

Vinlyguy16
MAACA New Contributor

Post by Vinlyguy16 »

Thanks for your replies. Sylvain contacted me and within two hours of talking to him he came over and got the game going.
Very professional and knowledgeable and am very happy to have him now as my goto repair guy.

Cheers

pinhead
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by pinhead »

Vinlyguy16 wrote:Thanks for your replies. Sylvain contacted me and within two hours of talking to him he came over and got the game going.
Very professional and knowledgeable and am very happy to have him now as my goto repair guy.

Cheers
Sylvain is a great pinball tech.

I am glad you have your game working.
Ottawa pinball operator and game technician.
For sale video games, manuals, boards, ask what you need and I might be able to get it for you.

Ottawa pinball repair service is limited.

http://www.pinhead.ca/

semicolin
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 226 times

Post by semicolin »

Lucky! Sylvain's time is definitely at a premium these days - one of the finest technicians around. Enjoy your game!

Hippochrome
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hippochrome »

Big thumbs up to Sylvain! He is without a doubt the greatest guy on this fourm. So nice, so honest, so knowledgeable. Always a pleasure chatting with him and using his services.