The current state of affairs of the Ottawa pinball community

cdnpinballer
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 3 times

The current state of affairs of the Ottawa pinball community

Post by cdnpinballer »

I deleted my post this morning but I'm sure the people that needed to read it saw it so that is all that matters.

The fact is that I have been put between to people who are (we're?) my friends and that is a very uncomfortable place for me because I have been around for 11 years and made a lot of friends and intend on keeping as many as I can.

I was asked to pick sides between Rob (Shoot Again) and Jason (Honey Badger) and said no only to be labeled as guilty by association which is very upsetting.

I am no angel but this situation has caused much stress for me and if needed we can split the community with a new league or I have also considered retiring all together which is greatly upsetting but maybe this is what people want?

I no longer feel welcome at OPL and that also sucks because I want to be friends with everyone and I am not in this to cause drama or loose friends but somehow that is what is happening so I am sorry to all involved in this and on the sidelines.

I want to find a way to fix this and move on but I don't know how. How can we come to terms, settle things up and move on all as friends / adults? Is that even possible? If not maybe we go our separate ways for good or I retire?

I love pinball and want to keep the community together.

Everyone should be included and feel welcome at our pinball events and no one should ever feel excluded.

My door is open and we should all talk. You know how to get in touch.

Take care,

Lee

pharoah007

Re: The current state of affairs of the Ottawa pinball community

Post by pharoah007 »

Why dont you write the real truth as to your EXACT reply when asked why you were hanging around with a thief? Sounds like you are attempting to sound honest and open here...so why don't you?

Knowing what your response was I discriminate and am glad to not associate with you.

I personally think 2 leagues may be best as someones personal character traits should(edit) not (edit)preclude them from playing pinball, however, said traits may preclude them from acceptance in certain social settings or groups.
Last edited by pharoah007 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cdnpinballer
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cdnpinballer »

I've come to the realization that the situation at hand will not get fixed and I will not pick sides. I refuse to.

For the sake of my personal health and well being I am going to take a step back and retire from OPL and MAACA.

It is a very sad day that things have come to this.

Admins I will get in touch to de activate my account in due course.

To all my friends here you can reach me at djphd@hotmail.com going forward.

Splitting the league is further divisive and not the direction where things should be going.

I wish everyone all the best and hope you guys keep in touch by email.

Thanks

Lee

flashinstinct
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 2 times

Post by flashinstinct »

pharoah007 wrote:Why dont you write the real truth
By all means, I want this done and over with so enlighten us mere mortals. I've heard one side, now let's hear the other. Ive had enough of all the cryptic bullshit.
Wanted: Blackwater 100

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Fifty »

I think some clarity is needed with regards to the problem being discussed here. It first came to light in the THIEVES thread, but this issue does not involve Pinhead or Pinball Medics in anyway. It definitely does not fall into the same category scale-wise. I just wanted to make that clear as there are others outside the 'loop' that may or may not be aware.

The problem being discussed here, is mainly between Bob(ShootAgain) and Jason(HoneyBadger). However, others like Lee are being caught in the crossfire. I will not post the details of the situation here. I do not have all the facts, nor do I think it is my place to do so. I will leave that up to Bob, and Jason, and to the latter part,Lee.

cdnpinballer
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by cdnpinballer »

I removed my post with the details as I know them because it's not my place to do such dirty work.

And Zak it's not your place to poke your nose on other people's business either and your piss poor negative attitude around here in general is totally unwarranted.

Do you like seeing people in pain over other people's actions that they had/have absolutely no control over? Do you like seeing friendships of years past be destroyed over such nonsense? That is sick and twisted. But that's what this has come down to.

Look, I am here to enjoy what we all love to play pinball and I no longer feel welcome in the group we all enjoy it with. This is extremely painful and saddening for me and I have shed tears over this because I love you all and it's a tragedy that I was forced to pick sides but I won't/can't take it anymore because I have my own values and rules I live by.

No one in this world will tell me who to be or not to be friends with. I won't stand for that and neither should you.

The best thing to do for my own health right now is to be removed from the situation entirely, cut my losses and move on. Is this what you want? Then you win, I loose there you go, I am gone.

Good bye.

pharoah007

Post by pharoah007 »

flashinstinct wrote:
pharoah007 wrote:Why dont you write the real truth
By all means, I want this done and over with so enlighten us mere mortals. I've heard one side, now let's hear the other. Ive had enough of all the cryptic bullshit.

Lee can tell you...he said it.

pharoah007

Post by pharoah007 »

cdnpinballer wrote:
And Zak it's not your place to poke your nose on other people's business either and your piss poor negative attitude around here in general is totally unwarranted.

Do you like seeing people in pain over other people's actions that they had/have absolutely no control over? Do you like seeing friendships of years past be destroyed over such nonsense? That is sick and twisted. But that's what this has come down to.

I only speak what I know is the truth.

I only call out those deserving of it.

The reason we have so many snakes and pirates is because we as a community have remained silent for so long and allowed them to thrive.

My words do not destroy friendships. The only thing that does that is the actions of the party's involved. Deeds not words.

My voice is that of reason. I am sure some here see that.

Best of luck in your future.

flashinstinct
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by flashinstinct »

Ok Zak fair enough. I guess I will wait for Jason to chime in. As it stands I've heard from Rob but not from Jason. I know what Rob did. Is he remorseful...absolutely...did he try to make things right? From what I heard he did. We all make stupid decisions once in a while but I don't believe pitchforks and burning at the stake should be involved in this situation. Now if he would have done nothing about it, it would have been a different story. He gave the piece back to Jason and helped him fix his Fish Tales while he was there. Am I missing anything here? Is that the entirety of the story? What was left out?

4eyes
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 21 times

Post by 4eyes »

What is this Pinside - HighSchool Edition ?
Lighten up people. I for one won't be picking sides I graduated high school bullshit 35 years ago.

It's Only Pinball - Rudy
AFM, STTNG, TZ, TOM, FH, WW, TAF, JP, EBD, DISE, FT, EHOH, ALIEN

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Fifty »

flashinstinct wrote:Ok Zak fair enough. I guess I will wait for Jason to chime in. As it stands I've heard from Rob but not from Jason. I know what Rob did. Is he remorseful...absolutely...did he try to make things right? From what I heard he did. We all make stupid decisions once in a while but I don't believe pitchforks and burning at the stake should be involved in this situation. Now if he would have done nothing about it, it would have been a different story. He gave the piece back to Jason and helped him fix his Fish Tales while he was there. Am I missing anything here? Is that the entirety of the story? What was left out?
I believe there is an incident involving boards in a Harlem Globetrotters as well, but maybe not. I think you have the 'piece' story re-capped accurately. Poor decision, and a lapse in judgement, but yes remorseful, apologetic.

flashinstinct
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by flashinstinct »

4eyes wrote:What is this Pinside - HighSchool Edition ?
That's what it feels like, and that's why I want this done. Air out your dirty laundry now and forever hold your peace.

ShootAgain
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by ShootAgain »

Fifty wrote:
flashinstinct wrote:Ok Zak fair enough. I guess I will wait for Jason to chime in. As it stands I've heard from Rob but not from Jason. I know what Rob did. Is he remorseful...absolutely...did he try to make things right? From what I heard he did. We all make stupid decisions once in a while but I don't believe pitchforks and burning at the stake should be involved in this situation. Now if he would have done nothing about it, it would have been a different story. He gave the piece back to Jason and helped him fix his Fish Tales while he was there. Am I missing anything here? Is that the entirety of the story? What was left out?
I believe there is an incident involving boards in a Harlem Globetrotters as well, but maybe not. I think you have the 'piece' story re-capped accurately. Poor decision, and a lapse in judgement, but yes remorseful, apologetic.
You both are right.
As for Harlem, I can guarantee you the game was 100% working when it left, but he! It’s a pinball and they break all the time.
Jason actually never contacted me about Harlem and it is from the gossips that I learned he had some issues with the game.

He asked me to give him $200 for the repair last week and I texted him last week asking to call me back so we can chat and never got any answers. I will definitely give him the $200 and I dont expect anything in return. The trust has been broken and there’s nothing I can do to fix that.

I’m not a Thieft, a Shark or a Pirate and I strongly encourage anyone that has been rip-off by me in the course of the last 5 years (and over 30 transactions) to report the facts on this forum.

Now for the sake of maaca, can we just turn the page and move on?
It’s been a couple of months already and it’s the same old song.

Sorry maaca!
It's only Pinball! Carry on, BUCKO!