THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Talk about anything that you would like.
uberhare
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Post by uberhare »

R.A.B. wrote:@ slacker & uberhare - You guys "get it", but I am afraid that most of us in our mid forties and up are (as well as I) doomed dinosaurs. We are not part of the future, unless we want to put aside something we knew was important to our development. Same goes for the kids going forward with screens in hand, this is their tool and resource for development, and understandably the result is quite different than it was with us. There are major differences in social skill development and in the ways we communicate mainly.

Hugs from a different time and place where life was tangible and the augmented reality of late was just a cool idea that we believed would change things for the better. Goes to show you never really can tell, at least not yet.

R.A.B
Yup, you nailed it. We need to have a beer sometime....
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Supersonic, Moon Flight, Firepower
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

uberhare wrote:
R.A.B. wrote:@ slacker & uberhare - You guys "get it", but I am afraid that most of us in our mid forties and up are (as well as I) doomed dinosaurs. We are not part of the future, unless we want to put aside something we knew was important to our development. Same goes for the kids going forward with screens in hand, this is their tool and resource for development, and understandably the result is quite different than it was with us. There are major differences in social skill development and in the ways we communicate mainly.

Hugs from a different time and place where life was tangible and the augmented reality of late was just a cool idea that we believed would change things for the better. Goes to show you never really can tell, at least not yet.

R.A.B
Yup, you nailed it. We need to have a beer sometime....
@uberhare - Will do dude.

Always up for some talk with what conscious self-aware people are thinking. Hell, I certainly could do better incorporating different points of views into my equation these days, 'cause I seem to be stuck in loop with this old brain of mine. Gonna have to break free from the thinking that brought me here and soon, I think that I have taken it as far as I can go with this mindset. Time for a new life once again.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

Bank-Coil
MAACA New Contributor

Post by Bank-Coil »

When we are young life enthralls us with possibilities. It is not knowing what we can and can't accomplish that gives us optimism. It is the other end of ignorance is bliss. We can not know what we don't even know we don't know. As we make choices we inevitably need to give up other possibilities, as we shed possibilities, it happens slowly and quietly. We don't have time to come to terms with the lost optimism and the related energy which comes with them. It is easy to forget at times that the voyage itself exposes new possibilities, ones linked with appreciation, perception and wisdom. Along the way we can learn what we did not know that we did not know early on. Often we can discern that there was no end game in any case or sometimes options that we thought were amazing in youth were either misguided or too obscure to be obtainable. We now have the ability to understand where we came from, the pleasure and growth along the path and the new skills and understanding we have acquired along the way. It might seem in our revisionist minds that we always had these skills as they were acquired slowly and over a long time, but that is not the case. As I have always said our perspective creates our perception and our perception is our reality. It is only through our struggles, successes and experiences so far that we have such a broad perspective. Coming full circle I challenge you that we have more opportunities and more hope now than ever if we choose to, because our perception is broader, deeper and more discerning. What we may have lost in youthful intensity we have regained a multitude of times in our ability to sustain our emotions, have more meaningful experiences and to savor the gifts we have the privilege of having. Appreciation is not to be undervalued.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Bank-Coil wrote:As I have always said our perspective creates our perception and our perception is our reality. It is only through our struggles, successes and experiences so far that we have such a broad perspective. Coming full circle I challenge you that we have more opportunities and more hope now than ever if we choose to, because our perception is broader, deeper and more discerning. What we may have lost in youthful intensity we have regained a multitude of times in our ability to sustain our emotions, have more meaningful experiences and to savor the gifts we have the privilege of having. Appreciation is not to be undervalued.
I agree with the above Bank-Coil. As exciting as youth can be (mainly because of growth hormones) young people usually do not yet have the ability to absorb experience the same way as older self-aware experience conscious adults. As we know, being distracted by the senses can consume alot of energy and that is OK when you are young because it makes reproduction more probable/successful in the earlier years of life and we all know that the show must go on. (to what end, I don't know) So the difference between how experiences influences perception in young and older differ via age and emotuional intelligence. Again, and as the senses dull other things develop, mainly thought process and emotional maturity. All I may be having trouble with these days is acting my age and balancing youthful energy with emotional stability. It is important not to lose the fun of being alive, yet it is also important to keep that energy in check later in life. Because let's face it, youth can also kill you after a certain age and maybe that is a good thing and part of the natural order of things. Not totally sure about that latter statement yet, but I thought I would throw it into the mix.

Yabo !

So the Reader's Digest may be right after all my friend. See you at the North Star tonight where young and old mix well.

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

Bank-Coil
MAACA New Contributor

Post by Bank-Coil »

I still play ice hockey in my middle years so I can vouch that youth can kill you after a certain age...... or at least the recovery becomes longer and more painful.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by WARLOCK »

Well written and said gentlemen.

For brevity, I will share 1 thought chain text from R.A.B. and myself from offline conversations. Then 1 observation from myself, and 1 quote from R.A.B. .

Warlock / R.A.B. (paraphrased) "what will we deem worthy for where to put ourselves next" ... "pretty scary to have no destination". so... (where to go from here...) (Bank coil - your thoughts require my further pondering)

Warlock "Perhaps, while the focus has been for myself to be on the <journey>, I am having a difficult time "enjoying the ride". In an effort to get to that next unknown destination, wisdom (experience) can cause us pause and makes us struggle vs. the enthusiasm of youth that drove us to where it has led us to, up to today." "The brain, or mind, in an effort to conserve effort and energy in the aging limbs that carries the body through this experience, may in fact be holding back further progress to where we wish to head next."

(I'm wrapped up in the red tape of my own thoughts in a world of my own creation.)

I am relatively certain the universe works in a way that isn't going to allow us to skip any steps in the process... Need some wisdom and experience to succeed and the youth of mind for the aging body to go-go-go...Should be interesting...

What he says...
R.A.B. wrote: Always up for some talk with what conscious self-aware people are thinking. Hell, I certainly could do better incorporating different points of views into my equation these days, 'cause I seem to be stuck in loop with this old brain of mine. Gonna have to break free from the thinking that brought me here and soon, I think that I have taken it as far as I can go with this mindset. Time for a new life once again.
Time for a new life once again... Indeed...

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

That moment when you realize that since hooking up the internet in your workspace/studio on this island of the nones (which is quite appropriate these days) you are actually talking to less & less people in your day to day life and doing less & less real writing & living & interacting in your spare time. Pitt street, the MPL and all the good and real things that took place off line are becoming obsolete & old because most people believe that we are actually evolving somewhat beyond good old human feelings via the information age. I call bullshit. You do not change 10,000 generations in 50 years.

Note : I have been internet free for the past two years except at work where it is apparently a tool. The tool being the employees I reckon, hell, everybody gets their turn at being a tool for somebody, somewhere, somehow.

I babble to you from here instead of doing some real writing as I should nightly. Add to this the fact that instead of interacting with actual living and knowledgeable people about how to fix Seeburg Jukeboxes with a tromat memory system, the pinabll community is falling apart because of this bogus new way to communicate complex emotions and thoughts. Not everyone knows how to do this "on line". It is not because something is new that it is necessarily better. You got to be fucked in the head to believe that new is always better than what was before and worked well in general. But who cares, this is the information age damn it, and those who can not command themselves will be commanded.

I am now going to turn off this router or modem or whatever these black boxes are and also pull out this goddam blue wire for good measure from this sleek looking windows 10 bullshit laptop or whatever it is they decided I should have installed and will go to my other desk which is in fact an old farm table from the 30's. On it sits a 20 year old IBM thinkpad connected to nothing except my memories and a power supply. This brick like laptop is something I have thrown across the room many times. It still works well for me, and that is where I like to write nowadays since I gave up my old Remington typewriter which was more difficult to pick up and throw around due to its' weight mostly. Prior to that I would throw my fucking pens across the room, but they now sit idle, motionless and dumb in an old meat grinder clamped to my farm table where many meals and conversations took place decades ago.

Sorry about this post, just realizing that I may not want to become an obsolete relic just yet via the circumstance of being alive this long in rapidly changing times.

"Peace out" as the young and/or the new dumb of the information age say when they run out of solutions to complex problems requiring face to face conversation.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bank-Coil
MAACA New Contributor

Post by Bank-Coil »

When things aren’t going quite the way you’d like them to, it’s often the result of not asking yourself the right questions. Some questions are hard to confront because you’re afraid you won’t get the answer you want, others because you really don’t want to know the answer.
But the best things in life don’t come easily, and turning away from life’s toughest questions is a sure path to mediocrity. I believe that Socrates said it best:
“The unexamined life isn’t worth living.”
(credit: Travis Bradberry)

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Bank-Coil wrote:When things aren’t going quite the way you’d like them to, it’s often the result of not asking yourself the right questions. Some questions are hard to confront because you’re afraid you won’t get the answer you want, others because you really don’t want to know the answer.
But the best things in life don’t come easily, and turning away from life’s toughest questions is a sure path to mediocrity. I believe that Socrates said it best:
“The unexamined life isn’t worth living.”
(credit: Travis Bradberry)
Jesus Alan - are you finally turning into one of them already ? You are not even 50 yet, so stay vital as long as you can will you. We know about hard questioning and being forthright and honest with ourselves, yet there is no truth that lasts, we unfortunately know this as well.

That Socrates quote is the only thing that speaks to me in your post. I hope you are OK with that. In fact you did look OK when I saw you playing Surf Champ tonight at the North Star before I had to run off to the next thing once I got the bug out of King Pin after a full day at the fishstore peddling parts. I remember you saying, " Rob, I envy your nomadic life." Well, that ain't all it is romantically cracked up to be and this goes to prove my point that there is no truth, only perceptions creating realities that we hope are true. Fuck me, that is a hard fact indeed.

As for those rhetorical new age zombies who say such common place things as above, well, they scare me more than the devil himself. And I believe that these poeple are breeding as the world gets more complicated. This latter life span gig thing is getting to be pretty complicated as we move on so maybe it is better to ignore the stuff that is hard to accept and keep moving towards another and/or the next truth. Many people recoil in horror at life's complications and then find inner peace by not questioning and just accepting what they believe they can not change, hell, they seem sensibly quite happy about not taking on hard challenges, so be it. But then again, that was never my fate and maybe I am doomed down the line, but I still feel pretty good overall. This sort of voluntary retirement from the real work that needs to be done is sad, but I keep trying to delay what B.B. King so eloquently sang when he wailed - "the thrill is gone", so I work at what I do. So yes, maybe alot of us are now looking for answers as we age and some of us think and conclude that there are some, simply believing the latter in order to be consoled. I guess that a temporary understanding of "the truth" can be a powerful thing to experience. Personally, I don't know nothing, except doing stuff I know how to do.

And James Brown sang, "I feel good, I knew that I would."

And before that, Uncle Fred wrote - "Truth has never yet clung to the arm of an inflexible being"

Hugs as always in a world gone weird on us.

Rob
Last edited by R.A.B. on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

I am a tool of me.
I created that which I have become.
Peace out ain't it.
Perform the tasks you were put here for.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

WARLOCK wrote:I am a tool of me.
I created that which I have become.
Peace out ain't it.
Perform the tasks you were put here for.
The above may be as good as it gets.

And that is possibly all we ever wrote here on this forum,- as good as the human spirit gets, until the next truth is achieved.

Disappointed ? Maybe, but that is how the ball rolls it seems, inevitably heading for the outhole, so what ya gonna do in the meantime ?

Make your targets ladies and gents, this may be a one ball payout game, but then again it may also be a 3 or 5 ball game for amusement only. Multi-ball is another story. Your guess is as good as mine.

Good night Nellie.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Here all about it !

To all the good men and women of MAACA.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Words from the past still manage to apply somehow.

And to those of you who do not need to "google" the above, good for you 'cause you likely have a deeper understanding than for just the here and now which is more empty standing on its own and hence more subject to folly.

Fawk !

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Illegitimum non carborundum
Domine salvum fac
Gaudeamus igitur
Veritas non sequitur

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

veni vidi vici

(Gameboy Tetris - A-type - Level 9)

8-) :D
Attachments
Gameboy_Tetris_20171019_123411.jpg

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

It has been an incredibly busy and hectic time of late, as I am sure it has been for many of you who make it a point to live their lives without "dead time." Regardless, we will all die thirsty, so be present, that is all you can do RIGHT NOW.

And dare I predict that it doesn't look like life is going to let up anytime soon for most of us here. Please correct me if I am wrong. And yet the month of the dead (November) will be upon us in 12 days, but for now the weather is holding. Live it.

The daily news reports that MAACA is getting healthier and will survive into 2018 thanks to its members who understand that respectful discourse is the means to the process.

"You got to do what you think is real."

Don't wait, always act when you feel the need.

"Approche toi de moi, et je te le dirais que c'est toi"

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

"Soul searching."

That is what one of my mentors answered when I asked him how he was doing during a phone conversation decades ago. I still remember the tone of his voice to this day. It was quiet and still and full of resolve. I was in my mid twenties and didn't quite grasp the full intensity of his condition back then. But now I do. (For reference, he must have been in his late 40's).

How many of us still do this soul searching thing ? I would hope many. And yes, we should occasionally do just that to make sure we are living our lives in a way that provides peace, contentment and joy in and around our life's context.

Anyway, enough of this necessary preamble, my close friends will surely understand, and others may "get it" as well, at least I hope so since my intention here tonight is not to babble without being understood on some basic human level.

Today was something. I have been painfully reminded of how focused my life has been on work and spreading this pinball passion philosophy thing and making it happen across Montreal and beyond for the past decade or so. In fact, I have been at it for a long long time and made strides in and through my career, my collector friends, MAACA, Montreal Pinball and finally with my crazy business partners at the North Star-Machines a Piastres whom I consider friends at this point in time. Together we have achieved what I always wanted to achieve since my youth and there is nothing better than this in my life right now. But one must always remember to move on to other goals. Another good friend of mine in Ottawa once told me that she sees her life passions as a moving target and that is always how it should be if you desire a full life. She is 48, again for reference's sake.

Now here is the fallout consequence that comes with the necessary focus in order to achieve a one time life long goal. We all agree that a strong and constant focus is necessary to achieve something we are passionate about and that bears some clout in itself beyond doing what is expected of you from those who dictate and profit. But in contrast, the question remains, - what makes up a good life ? I think it is having diverse mental interests, which today I realized that I am lacking gravely. It scared the shit out of me to think that this is all I got out of my life so far. Does it matter you say ? I think it does. Hemingway said that is nothing poorer than a person with only a few mental interests, and tonight I feel like I am very poor. So I have made some changes in lieu of what I am now doing after a full life in the amusement games industry, which is kind of pathetic in itself. But hell, I still have some time to turn this fishing boat around and I have begun to do this.

So I am now on a four day week at work (wednesday's off) and am almost finished writing my book about the last 15 years of my life in the amusement industry and selling fish to a variety of Montrealers and being socially active and being critical and growing a family and having ideas and looking for answers and thinking about what is next, always thinking about what is next. Yes !

Never stop looking for what matters most to you in a calculated and traced out life that is beckoning you into a corner. Break free from convention if you feel the need, unless it make you feel safe and happy. I mean that.

Bank-Coil
MAACA New Contributor

Post by Bank-Coil »

You always sell yourself short. You have more interests than I can wave a fish at.
You are a philosopher which avails you to innumerable interests.
You work with everyone and anyone in your lifes "focus" giving you further access to ideas and attitudes from all corners.
Still I am glad you are making time to pursue those interests.
For time is the only true limitation in our lives and spending such a limited resource wisely is the key (in my humble opinion) to achieving balance and happiness.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

As usual Bank-Coil, I very much relish your responses. I respect your opinion. I give weight to your thought words.
Robert however, does know what it is that he is. He knows his position, and he knows what he has yet to achieve.

Philosopher, Everyman, Ideas + Pursuits are all fantastic.
How to spent that most precious commodity of time is it.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

@ Bank-Coil & @ WARLOCK -

It is reassuring that I have made friends of your caliber. Yet you are both listed as contacts in my smart phone which is still managing to make a fool out of me daily. You are among those whom I believe are capable of ease in thought and questioning, hence are also gifted in being able to write out your reflections through words, and are not afraid to "put it out there". It can be nerve racking to lay down what you think to strangers. Just remember that the consolation for such a risk is that it may help others think about something they have never thought about before, or with the help of those god damn preconceived judgments these strangers may get all upset about how dumb we are.

There is nothing more important to me than knowing that I am not alone in my thoughts and actions of late stemming from my context these daze. And as we cautiously try to lure others on this forum to babble on about the game of life which is like a pinball machine there will always be reservations about who may end up sounding like a moron. There may well be a few truths that endures these days for longer than the "flavour of the month"or so, but one thing that remains pretty much constant is that judgement will usually defeat us, simply by its nature.

Hugs,

Rob

Bank-Coil
MAACA New Contributor

Post by Bank-Coil »

You know those interview questions where they ask you to tell about one of your weaknesses and you try to find one that is also a strength. I think you just highlighted one of mine:
I have no reservations about sounding like a moron. As I babble on endlessly never worrying about those strangers and their "damn preconceived judgments" about how dumb we are.

Rob with so many monkeys on so many blog posts, eventually we will come across a masterpiece of philosophy.
Hopefully we will be lucky and it will be here.

Until then.....
Fuck em' if they can't take a joke.

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Guard »

Going to see Helix and Lee Aaron in an intimate setting tonight in Brampton and then have a spa day in Collingwood tomorrow........sorry, just can't be as "deep" as you guys. :D
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Stern POTC/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Algar/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/Batman The Dark Knight/DE The Simpsons/Dirty Harry/T2/ Devils Dare/ World Poker Tour/Swords of Fury/ Lethal Weapon/Ripleys BION/Circa 1933/Striker Xtreme

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Guard wrote:Going to see Helix and Lee Aaron in an intimate setting tonight in Brampton and then have a spa day in Collingwood tomorrow........sorry, just can't be as "deep" as you guys. :D
That's fine, no.worries - contribute to this thread in the mesure of your own capacities. Believe me when I say that we are not as deep in real life as when we write on this thread. In fact we have been known for some pretty shallow behaviour in the past and even to this day. :oops:
Last edited by R.A.B. on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

R.A.B. wrote:
Guard wrote:Going to see Helix and Lee Aaron in an intimate setting tonight in Brampton and then have a spa day in Collingwood tomorrow........sorry, just can't be as "deep" as you guys. :D
That's fine, no worries - contribute to this thread in the measure of your own capacities. This is the Daily News and it is about MAACA members and what happens in their lives when away from their often solitary coin operated amusement game focus. This exercise helps to build the community between people who otherwise would not have met.

Anything goes here as long as it gives news about us, - the members. And the fact that we are a very eclectic mixed bunch, we need to "give news" once in a while to keep us all on our toes vis a vis the variety of lives out there. We are not all the same, and yet we are somehow. So hence, it can be deep, silly, dull, smart, dumb, enlightening, decadent by specialty, ordinary by choice, thoughtful and even shocking sometimes. This is the sum of our voices that may well survive somewhere for later generations to read and consider.

Indeed, this thread is a compilation of our lives and our reflections, so let's not forget that when we write here. Be intentful if you can, be anything you are. Everyone is welcome to add to the soup without worrying about how it will taste in the end. Fuck judgement and righteousness when we are expressing ourselves in this context, unless we really want to put our asses on (the) line, then it is up to you to fight the absurdity of it all which in the end may mean nothing at all. So, you may want to take a chance like Guard did, what have you got to lose ?

Yabo !!

Rob

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

"In a nutshell - At the end of the day - All things being equal".
All heard repeatedly in meetings, or is it just a loop in my head by now.

I really like that first expression, and I don't care much for the two others, yet I find myself incapable of keeping my thoughts "in there", in that nutshell I mean. My thoughts of late are at least twenty three sizes to big to fit in a nutshell. As for the rest of the above, it is simply waxed over corporate babble which means absolutely nothing when it comes to the immensity of real life which is wild and wondrous. It is just a way to sum up the non-sense of those daily tasks in an attempt at creating hype and air and bullshit while not supporting what it takes to get the real work done. All things being impermanent is more likely as a truth, and it is what they have horribly failed to understand. Life remains magical, and it is hard to cage, gauge and calculate, so in reaction to the wild nature of who we are, they try to kill the magic and the variables of life itself in order to market it all. They are people of little imagination with lots of money. I remain unimpressed and unmoved by the fabricated importance of those who try to manage and define human resources. So this may turn out to be a long post best suited for those who are also deeply disturbed by the insidious lies and control that slowly erode our freedom. I am addressing those who refuse to follow the traffic of corporate culture and say that they are just lucky to have a job, any job.

God dam shitmill I tell ya, it hardly ever stops. But you know what, I have tried to slow down my brain by mediating, exercising, running myself ragged and "it" just ends up coming back to me in some form or another to tell me that there is something I haven't quite decoded yet. The shit mill of my brain is telling me that I may not be in the right place these days. So, I decided to find out what is the right place for someone like me. Hence I embarked on a sort of pseudo journey of the soul by seriously working with lots of so called professionals in order to tame my brain into submission. Needless to say that this has not been going too well. Most of these poor bastards have dropped me like a hot potato, and some of them were honest enough to tell me that I can't be helped and should find a more creative occupation than selling parts for a corp that no longer cares about what I can do with my accumulated skills. This leaves me a few real alternatives these days in order to earn a living, so I have decided to become a bohemian by specialty and live well regardless of the limitations of my present work context. In fact, I remain unimpressed by what these professionals are calling for - adaptation to a world which demands the quelling of our emotions, humanity and freedom in order to fit into a mold suited to make peace with what is coming down the pipe. Adapt or move on seems to be the bottom line. In good conscience I am still not able to ignore/accept the lies and the hype generated by the mongrels hungry for what they think is going to make them win this game that can not be ultimately won in this way. Hence, I have decided to accept my fate, the portrait of an artist as an old man is all that I can do now. Well, this may mean that alot of craziness, magic and writing lies ahead, well so be it. Stay tuned.

Hugs,

RAB
Last edited by R.A.B. on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

“Tactics flow from a superior position.”
― Bobby Fischer

“The winner of the game is the player who makes the next-to-last mistake.”
― Savielly Tartakower

“When you see a good move, look for a better one.”
― Emanuel Lasker

"Today, I splurged and Suzanne the LOL'er in London is sending me an awesome, computerized classic. Game on! ... and checkmate, yo!"
― OTTOgd
Attachments
radioshackcatalogs.com_1981_150.jpg